Getting ready to try DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
I've only been vaping for about 3 weeks now, but enjoying the hell out of it. So happy to not be smoking cigarettes anymore!

I ordered some stuff to try mixing my own juice. I've always enjoyed baking and cooking, so I think I will also enjoy making my own e-juice. I've been reading as much info as I can on the forum to get myself prepared.

Just want to get your opinions to see if I did good on my first order of DIY stuff and see if there is anything else I may need.

I decided to go with the The DIY Flavor Artisan's Master Kit from One stop DIY. It seemed to be a better deal then DIY flavorshack's starer kits.

The DIY Flavor Artisan's Master Kit
e-liquid Blend: 100% PG, Strength: 48mg
Dilution Base Liquid: Vegetable Glycerin
Flavors: Apple, Brown Sugar Extra, Butter, Cinnamon, Cola, Graham Cracker, Hazelnut, Vanilla (Bourbon) (All are TPA flavors)

I also ordered: Ethyl Maltol, Lorann's English Toffee and TPA's Bavarian Creme and 5 extra 6ml bottles.

Then I placed an order with TPA for some other flavors:

Marshmallow (New & Improved)-sample
Tutti Frutti Flavor-sample
Caramel Flavor-4ml
Maraschino Cherry Flavor-4ml
Vanilla Custard-4ml
Waffle Flavor-4ml
Watermelon Flavor-4ml
Maple Syrup Flavor-4ml

I also ordered some Propylene Glycol (PG)-4 oz from them since I forgot to order it from OSDIY. It was more expensive through TPA and there are places that sell it cheaper then OSDIY, but didn't want to pay extra $ for shipping from yet another supplier.

I meant to order some chocolate flavor, but didn't know which one to get. I read that Capellas has some nice chocolate flavors so I may order some from them after I get my feet wet with what I've already ordered.

I also bought some Lorann's flavors locally: Rasberry, Bubble gum and chocolate hazelnut.

Last edited:

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Looks good.

Looking at your lists I would think the easiest ones to be hits the first try would be the TPA W-melon & M-cherry.

Her Apple with a slight touch if Cinn is great, but it took me awhile to find the right ratio on that.

Remember to start small, keep notes, start no-nic, and if a flavor is close - put it down for a couple of days before you adjust the flavoring and you should do great.

(I would note that my first few attempts I only did one of the above. Still wish I could recreate the first mix I ever made...)

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the info Ast and Hoosier!

My kit came today. :banana: Still waiting on the other flavors and PG. I decided to start with a very simple apple. Figured it would be hard to screw that up. :D I used Scubabatdan's excel juice calculator and mixed it up at 18mg. 36/52 PG/VG and 12% flavor.

Tastes pretty good! I'm gonna let it sit overnight and try it again tomorrow to see if the flavor changes at all.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Marshmallow is hard to get the flavor to come through when using it with other flavors but it works great to moisten vapor. If you notice your juice is too dry a few drops of marshmallow cures that.

Since you have cinnamon and brown sugar you could play around with adding a few drops of each to your apple mixture.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread