Getting Started With A Joye eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
Hey LowThudd, how do you clean your mega atomizers and how often do you clean them? And how much do you vape so I have an idea of how much juice is vaped before you clan them?

Any tips on cleaning mega eGo atomizers and any differences between mega eGo atomozers and regular 510 atomizers would be appreciated.

I'm also going to get a few low resistance 510 atty's since I can use them on an eGo, so any tips on cleaning them and keeping them going would be greatly appreciated as well.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I"m still trying to figure out where to get mine from? I think I want the mega because I was to be able to use the larger cartridges. I feel like all I do right now is make trips back and forth to the table where I have my juice to refill my 510 cartridge. I'm sure I'm vaping too much :oops:

any eGo/riva can use the mega/xl attys or cartos. And greenhouse one has the best deal going.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Hey LowThudd, how do you clean your mega atomizers and how often do you clean them? And how much do you vape so I have an idea of how much juice is vaped before you clan them?

Any tips on cleaning mega eGo atomizers and any differences between mega eGo atomozers and regular 510 atomizers would be appreciated.

I'm also going to get a few low resistance 510 atty's since I can use them on an eGo, so any tips on cleaning them and keeping them going would be greatly appreciated as well.

I just got my xl attys last week, and I have't had to clean them yet. Just soak them in alcoholWhen dirty)for a few HRS, rinse off well, and let dry overnight. I never did like LR attys, so I can't help you w/ them.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
I"m still trying to figure out where to get mine from? I think I want the mega because I was to be able to use the larger cartridges. I feel like all I do right now is make trips back and forth to the table where I have my juice to refill my 510 cartridge. I'm sure I'm vaping too much :oops:

healthcabin has a sale right now on mega ego starter kits. i'd check out eastmall, heavens-gifts and greenhouseone as well if you don't mind ordering from china and compare prices for everything you want to get.

even though the regular ego will work with the mega cartridges/atomizers, the extra 2.5 hours of battery life makes the mega batteries the obvious choice for me.

sounds like the mega atomizers are just like bigger 510 atomizers and cleaning them is the same.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
Just placed my order through healthcabin.net!

With everything that I wanted they ended up being the best deal.

healthcabin.net has:
- Everything I wanted in one shop
- A great eGo sale (on eGo and mega eGo kits, batteries, mega atomizers, and carrying cases)
- An 8% discount code for orders over $100 (ecf08)
- Free shipping on orders over $250 USD.

Worked out best for me, although everyone should check out heaven-gifts and greenhouseone to see which site has the best deal for exactly what eGo setup you are looking for. For example healthcabin doesn't have the cone atomizers and cartridges, just the mega atomizers and cartridges.

So to get my girlfriend and I set up with the eGo I ordered:

1 black mega eGo starter kit
1 titanium mega eGo starter kit
5 black mega atomizers
5 titanium mega atomizers
1 pack of 5 black mega cartomizers
10 packs of 5 black 2.5 ml mega cartridges
1 black eGo carrying case
1 coffee eGo carrying case
1 1000mA car-USB charger
1 5ml syringe

and a grey (his) and purple (hers) aluminum drip tip.

Everything came to just over $255 USD and it ended up being less than $255 USD after redeeming a couple dollars worth of reward points. Awesome deal.

We should be good for awhile! Very excited to try out a new device. Since the mega 900mA eGo is only a half inch longer than the regular 650mA eGo, I figured it was well worth the extra couple dollars for the extra few hours of battery life.

My gal and I are now completely set up with 1 black and 1 titanium battery each (never had a titanium e-cig before, but these look stylish), 5 mega atomizers each, 25 cartridges each and a syringe and 5 cartomizers for backup. At only $12 for a pack of 5 (only $9.99 at greenhouseone), if you keep the cartomizers moist and look after them the cartomizers could end up being better value than the mega atomizers and mega cartridges.

I've never used a cartomizer before and would prefer easy syringe-less filling, but they will come in handy as a backup. And considering they hold the same amount of juice (if not more?) as the mega atomizers, I'll only need to fill the cartomizer at most twice a day. So not a big deal.

The kits come with 1 pouch so we each have 1 pouch and 1 case. The carrying cases wont fit 2 fully assembled mega eGo's with mega atomizers and mega cartridges, so I'm gonna see if I can fit 2 mega batteries 2 mega atomizers and 2 mega cartridges in the case separately.

Very excited and will now be putting the 510's on the backburner!

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
The eGo carts are far different than 510/901 carts, different design and much thicker material. I haven't had 510/901s melt, but I have had them deform/ And I always vape heavy. Maybe you are running a LR atty, or riunning the cart dry alot. As far as cartos go, I did get a bad batch that all developed holes in the side after 1 or 2 days use, but the first two cartos I had each lasted @1 week.

I got the ego carts that came with my Ego from cignots. The all ended up melting and my attys are the stock attys that came with the ego. They didn't melt terribly but you could see deformation caused by the melting. Also a terrible burnt hit when low on juice. Now that I got new attys and only ever drip the burnt hit doesn't taste nearly as bad as it did.

It used to taste toxic and I know it was the plastic. They need to make metal carts.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I got the ego carts that came with my Ego from cignots. The all ended up melting and my attys are the stock attys that came with the ego. They didn't melt terribly but you could see deformation caused by the melting. Also a terrible burnt hit when low on juice. Now that I got new attys and only ever drip the burnt hit doesn't taste nearly as bad as it did.

It used to taste toxic and I know it was the plastic. They need to make metal carts.

Sounds like you were letting the atty get WAY to dry. Lot's of people use carts w/out that problem. This is almost impossible to do with the eGomega attys/carts because you lose flavor long before it gets dry. Th trick is keep never let a cart run dry. They just aren't designed for that. Dripping works well, but can get a little messy if you're not carefull. And it is also not safe to do while driving. Bad idea.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Isn't that a little excessive?!?!? Up to EIGHT e-cigs, four of which should last 6.5 hours each. You have more than 24 hours worth of battery life with just the four regular eGo's!

Are these battery lifes completely exggerated, or why do you carry so many eGo's at a time plus extra magnums?

I'm thinking 2 mega batteries will be more than enough for a full day's vape, and I sometimes vape quite a bit, up to around 5 ml.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
hey guys, are the carts you're using as good as dripping?

I love the eGo mega cartos because I don't have to fuss w/ it or refill it all day. Lasts me about an hour of chain vaping, up to a few hours of moderate(for me anyway) use. I drip sometines when I am sampling a few different juices. Also, as of yet, there are no drip tips for the eGo mega attys. 510s won't even close to fit. I'm gonna have to make my own, or an adapter. Hhm, an adapter. Now there's a good idea.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Do you mod your eGo mega carts? Right now for my regular 510s I'm using the HighPing simple cart mod, just cutting the fill to less than half the regular length.

I've heard that leaking can be a problem with the eGo mega carts, so I'm trying to find the most efficient, leakage-free way to vape the mega carts as dry as possible.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
^ Do you mod your eGo mega carts? Right now for my regular 510s I'm using the HighPing simple cart mod, just cutting the fill to less than half the regular length.

I've heard that leaking can be a problem with the eGo mega carts, so I'm trying to find the most efficient, leakage-free way to vape the mega carts as dry as possible.

They work fine for about 10 or so refills. I'd leave them as is at first. They work really well, but don't expect to chain vape them down to empty. They wick a bot slower than 510 carts, so you'll have to let them sit, cart side up on occasion. I have tried to mod the blank tips that come on the attys)I have 5), so far no luck. I just tried like 5 half tea bags rolled up to try to fill the enormous void in the carts, but it still leaked. I also tried using fiberglass cloth(works really well on 510 carts), no luck, leaked like a seive. I'll keep on trying. I just got in the mail today 25 eGo mega carts(menthol 11mg $2 per 5), so I have pelnty to play with.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ I don't constantly chain vape, so the carts will have plenty of time to wick in between sessions. I'll just have to make sure the cartridge is facing down, which is how I imagined they would naturally sit in my pocket. I havent't heard of any mods working, and most people say the carts work great as is. Someone mentioned their regular DYI PG mix was good and vaped fairly dry with the mega carts. If you find any mods that work let us know!

The carts are 5 for $2, so 25 for $10?!?!? That's a good deal. I think the ones at HC were 3.50 per 5 empty. But with everything included and free shipping it wouldn't make sense to pay for shipping from multiple places and HC was definitely the place to go. I'll have to restock with greenhouseone cartos and thevaporkings carts, though thevaporkings site still isn't working (I don't know anything about computers and I think I have cookies disabled or something like that which is not allowing me to get on to the link you provided).

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
No no, eGo mega carts like to be cart UP. And I got the mega carts from The Vapor Pro 25 for $10. I wish I had bought more carts instead of the nasty "California Buddy" juice I bought. Tastes like pine needle tea. And at $16 they just sent nic juice and flavoring, I had to mix it myself!?!? The menthol in the carts is decent, Prolly dekang. Not bad at all.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
What do you mean by cartridge up? I meant the atomizer end of the cartridge facing down, so the mouthpiece end of the cartridge would be facing up. To me that seems to be cartridge facing down, as the mouthpiece is on the top, facing down. I think we mean the same thing though. With the cartirdge on top and the atomizer end of the cartridge facing down so the liquid can flow down and wick the atomizer? Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread