Getting Started With A Joye eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
So I'm finally graduating from my Joye 510's to an eGo.

There are so many options I'd love to hear people's opinions and and preferences and the reasons for these preferences.

What would you recommend for getting started on a Joye eGo?

There are regular eGo's with 650mA, the Mega eGo with 900mA, 510 Mega atomizers that are compatible with cartridges that hold 1.4 ml of juice, eGo Mega atomizers that are compatible with cartridges that hold 2.5 ml of juice and eGo cartomizers that hold "more than 2.5 ml of juice".

It seems the eGo starter kits offered by healthcabin come with regular 510 atomizers. I've heard these are not compatible and may damage the atomizer or the battery. Is this the case? Which atomizers are compatible with the regular eGo? Which atomizers are compatible with the Mega eGo? I'm hoping to use my stockpile of regular 510 atomizers and contemplating getting mega 510 atomizers or eGo atomizers. Are all of these compatible?

Is the only difference between using a Mega 510 atomizer or an eGo atomizer the difference in the amount of juice ther cartiridges hold? Is one more reliable than the other?

There are also eGo cartomizers that healthcabin mentions "holds more than 2.5 ml of juice." The Mega atomizers hold cartirdges that hold 2.5 ml of juice, so how much more juice does an eGo cartomizer hold compared to the Mega atomizers? Is it worth getting a disposable cartomizer when you can get a longer lasting Mega eGo atomizer with eGo cartirdges that holds close to the same amount of juice?

What is the difference between the mA? Is it simply battery life, or does it burn hotter and produce more vapor?

I'm looking for a longer lasting PV that is reliable (I hate having to replace parts all the time) and I would also love a setup that holds more juice so I'm not constantly topping off. I'm thinking the eGo atomizers might be better for my preference compared to Mega 510 atomizers since they hold more juice and I think I might try the cartomizers, but I'm not sure if cartomizers are worth it if they only hold a little bit more than the eGo cartridges. What do you suggest? I'm open to trying a few options.

PLEASE HELP ME GET SET UP WITH MY FIRST eGo!

Thanks to everyone on this forum, you have all been a great help.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Greenhouseone.com has eGo kits for $50 with a one year warranty on everything, including attys. My friend just got his, and it is great. For $4 extra you can get XXL batts in the kit. Best deal going. They also have great prices on eGo mega cartos and mega attys, $10 for a 5 pack. I would check them out if I were you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
All of the carts, atomizers, and the cartos you mentioned are compatible with Ego. Some are not compatible with the 510, though.

The output of the 510 and Ego 650mah batts are the same. They are regulated by an internal voltage regulator chip that puts out about 3.2v to the atomizer.

The Ego does produce vapor more efficiently than the 510. That is supposedly because of the cone. The cone is designed to route the intake air through the small end of the cone, past the heated exterior of the atomizer, and into the atomizer. The air has already been preheated from its journey through the cone.

I just ordered the mega cone atomizer and carts for my Ego. I was just looking for the extra juice reservoir. 1.5ml is a lot of juice.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Thanks for the responses!

So DaveP, what is the difference with mega cone atomizer and carts and the mega 510 atomizers and carts. You mention the mega cone atomizer and carts hold 1.5 ml of juice and that is how much the mega 510 atomizer cartridges hold.

Is there any advantages with the cone shapes atomizers and cartridges?

Are the atomizer covers the same on regular eGo's and Mega eGo's? Do all of the atomizers work with the Mega eGo and the Mega eGo cone cover?

I'm thinking right now of getting the regular eGo with Mega eGo atomizers with cartridges that hold 2.5 ml of juice. That should last me all day!

What is the difference between the Mega eGo and the regular eGo? Is it simply battery life?

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010

So DaveP, what is the difference with mega cone atomizer and carts and the mega 510 atomizers and carts. You mention the mega cone atomizer and carts hold 1.5 ml of juice and that is how much the mega 510 atomizer cartridges hold.

Are the atomizer covers the same on regular eGo's and Mega eGo's? Do all of the atomizers work with the Mega eGo and the Mega eGo cone cover?

I'm thinking right now of getting the regular eGo with Mega eGo atomizers with cartridges that hold 2.5 ml of juice. That should last me all day!

What is the difference between the Mega eGo and the regular eGo? Is it simply battery life?

I would skip the cone shape personally. I just got 4 more eGo mega cylinder attys and an eGo cone(for dripping sometimes) for $34 shipped. I'm a happy camper.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

The mega cone atomizer has a larger atomizer that appears to be the size of the battery diameter. The reason the cone cart can hold so much juice is the larger diameter. The mega 510 cart atomizer does not hold nearly as much. That's what I am using now (waiting for the Ego Cone Atomizer to come in) The 510 mega atty is longer but the same diameter as the standard 510. The only reason for the length is to accommodate the longer cart. It holds 25 drops or so compared to the standard 510 holding 12-12 drops.

This is the 510 mega atty and cart
Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.

This is the Ego cone atty (bottom of page) holds 1.5ml
Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.

The cone goes over the 510 and 510 mega atty to sleek up the appearance and it also holds in the atty heat and directs the intake air past the atty to make the chamber hotter for more vapor

With the Ego specific Mega atty the cone shape is part of the atomizer/cart combo. See the link above for Ego cone atty.

I think you are talking about the Ego cartomizer, which is a cart and an atomizer in one package. It holds 2.5ml. The cone and cylinder hold about 1.5ml. Read the comment at the bottom of this page (reviews).

eGo cartomizer

The basic Ego is a 510 with a larger battery (650mah vs 180mah). There are 900mah and 1000mah batteries but they get longer and longer as you go up in current capacity. At some point it might not fit in your pocket. Two 650mah batteries will get you 12-16 hours of normal use.

Mega refers to the atomizers and cartridges. The standard Ego comes with 510 atty and cart and a 650mah battery.

I replied in the quoted area above.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I think you are talking about the Ego cartomizer, which is a cart and an atomizer in one package. It holds 2.5ml. The cone and cylinder hold about 1.5ml. Read the comment at the bottom of this page (reviews).
eGo cartomizer.

Nope, I can get almost a full three ml bottle into the eGo mega cylinder cart. I don't remember who said they were the same volume, but that is totally incorrect.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Nope, I can get almost a full three ml bottle into the eGo mega cylinder cart. I don't remember who said they were the same volume, but that is totally incorrect.

Looks like the cylinder is the best bet for an all day vape. I'll probably order one later after I get used to the cone mega. My cone mega should be here Tuesday or so. I'm sure I need one of both.

Before I would load 2.5ml into a cart, it would have to be my favorite juice. I swap around several juices a day.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
Thanks so much for the links and advice guys! If anyone else has any advice or links please let me know. it is greatly appreciated. It's a struggle not only finding out what to get for my eGo but where to get everything. I thin I'm going to use healthcabin as I have reward points and some dead batt's/atty's under warranty that I want to have sent with my eGo order, but I am open to suggestion, so keep it up!

And DaveP, I was talking about mega atomizers (not cartomizers) that are on healthcabin labeled as eGo Mega atomizers seen here:

JOYE eGo Mega(XL) Atomizer in 8 colors [JOYE eGo] - $9.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

They are compatible with cartridges labeled on healthcabin as 2.5 ml capacity eGo cartridges seen here:

5pc 2.5ml Capacity JOYE eGo Empty Cartridge [JOYE eGo] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

healthcabin also have cartomizers labeled as eGo Cartomizer (Mega) seen here:

5pc Empty Joye eGo Cartomizer(MEGA) [Joye eGo] - $12.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

it says they hold "more" than 2.5 ml, so more than the mega cartridges, but how much more? If the cartomizers don't hold considerably more than the mega atomizers I don't see any point in using a disposable cartomizer instead of a reusable mega atomizer.

If anyone has used the mega atomizers and cartridges and also the mega cartomizer can you notice much difference in how much juice they hold? Are there any benefits to using a cartomizer if you can use an atomizer and cartridge that holds almost the same amount of juice?

Considering the cone cartridge link DaveP provided from cignot says the cone cartridges hold 1.5 ml of juice, I think I'd rather go with the 2.5 ml mega cartridges. If anyone has used the cone cartridges and the 2.5 ml mega cartridges, are there any benefits to the cone?

I'm also wondering how accurate healthcabin's claims are about the mega cartridges holding 2.5 ml.

I'm looking for a PV that has enough juice capacity and battery life to last me most if not all day. Since I have a lot of 510 atty's I figured the eGo's 510 compatability is a plus in case I need to use one of my extra 510 atty's. I am also looking for a PV that is very reliable. I am willing to use an eGo setup that needs to be refilled once or twice throughout the day if it means added reliability, but ideally I want something that is reliable, holds enough juice and holds enough power to last all day.

I think the eGo with the mega atomizers and mega cartirdges are the way to go. I'll probably try out a few mega cartomizers just because I've never used a cartomizer before, but if anyone has any advice please let me know!

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I have never gotten a eGo mega carto to take much more than 2ml. My cyl xl carts hold at least 2.5ml. But not the cartos. The fact is, price wise, cartos are nice to have around in case your atty takes a poop. But other than that I won't be using them anymore. Also, there are twp types of eGo mega attys. Cylinder and cone. So make sure you get the right carts for the atty you are getting(looks like you are). Also, here is a great deal on the xl cylinder carts: JOYE eGo MEGA 5 Pack Menthol Cartridges 3ML Just don't order all of them, I still need to order some. kay? lol Here is some good info on eGo mega cartos: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/104597-ego-cartomizer-q-refill-thread-gp.html

KayleePup

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I love my eGo! I have cartos and the cylinder atty & mega cart. I didn't measure how much the cart holds. The carto I filled with 2 ml at first but a bunch leaked out. I have refilled it 5 times with 1 ml each and have not run it dry. I love the consistancy of the carto (this was the first carto I have tried). My only issue with the cart is that is doesn't fit very tightly in the atty and I tend to knock it off once in awhile and the juice seems to dry out a bit overnight.

As far as battery goes the eGo lasts me from 7am to well after 7 pm, and I just got the standard. I do switch back and forth between the 2 batteries all day.

KayleePup

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Link isn't working unfortunately. How much is each cart though?

I'm thinking of ordering from China as I'm not in a huge rush.

I'm wondering how much bigger are mega ego batteries compared to regular ones? I vape all day so I'm thinking I might want a mega. It's hard to figure out what I need without just going for it. Maybe I'll get a regular eGo kit and a mega eGo kit. Starting to get a bit pricey lol

And thanks for pointing out that you need cylinder carts for cylinder atomizers. I knew this but it could help someone out :)

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
^ Link isn't working unfortunately. How much is each cart though?

I'm thinking of ordering from China as I'm not in a huge rush.

I'm wondering how much bigger are mega ego batteries compared to regular ones? I vape all day so I'm thinking I might want a mega. It's hard to figure out what I need without just going for it. Maybe I'll get a regular eGo kit and a mega eGo kit. Starting to get a bit pricey lol

And thanks for pointing out that you need cylinder carts for cylinder atomizers. I knew this but it could help someone out :)

The link works fine for me. Hhm. Anyway, the link is for $2 for 5 carts. They are 11mg menthol, but it's cheap enough that if you don't like menthol you could just wash them out. BTW, I don't have any trouble w/ the carts being loose. I have heard that the knock offs are slightly different sizes. A couple others have experienced that. Mine are nice and tight. GP for carts and MFS and GP for the attys.

IOWN

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
BC
Hi Chemfatale, Being from Canada myself... If you order from healthcabin, or anywhere in the US, I've heard some shipments get held up in customs. Or worse sent back and you get a nasty letter from Health Canada. I'm new to this, but I've spent at least 20 hours reading the Canadian sub forum. If you don't already know... get your hardware sent separately from your juice when ordering from China and the US. I'd love to be wrong about this so anyone please correct me. Im getting the Cylinder style in the mail tommorow. I paid 14.99 + shipping from a Canadian supplier.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Here is a tip. Check out your carts after a heavy vaping session and see if it has melted a little bit. Mine all did so now im using a aluminum drip tip.

The eGo carts are far different than 510/901 carts, different design and much thicker material. I haven't had 510/901s melt, but I have had them deform/ And I always vape heavy. Maybe you are running a LR atty, or riunning the cart dry alot. As far as cartos go, I did get a bad batch that all developed holes in the side after 1 or 2 days use, but the first two cartos I had each lasted @1 week.

Last edited:

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
yes I always get juice and hardware shipped separately, but now there is a new dilemna.

Ego, Mega Ego or Riva 510?

lol

It sounds like the Riva 510 is not built as well. Read that someone's broke after dropping it on tile. The eGo is 650, the Riva I think is 750 and the Mega eGo is 900ma

My god this is getting complicated lol

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
yes I always get juice and hardware shipped separately, but now there is a new dilemna.

Ego, Mega Ego or Riva 510?

lol

It sounds like the Riva 510 is not built as well. Read that someone's broke after dropping it on tile. The eGo is 650, the Riva I think is 750 and the Mega eGo is 900ma

My god this is getting complicated lol

I love my mega eGo batt. Last all day heavy vaping. Regular eGo batts last me a few hours. You also have the hello 016 to consider(1300mAh), but the eGo cartos/attys don't fit it w/out modifacation. Like I said, from greenhouseone.com $54 for the eGo XXL kit(two 1000mAh batts and cones). Shipping isn't that bad, $15 flat rate. I paid $11 w/ shipping inside the states. And you can't beat a 1 year warranty that even covers attys anywhere. That is what I would do if I had known about Greenhouseone to begin w/.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ thanks a lot. I'm liking the idea of 2.5 ml mega ego cartridges, and I have no idea how much juice a riva cartridge holds, so i'm leaning more towards the ego. My girlfriend doesn't vape as madly as me lol so maybe a regular ego starter kit and a mega ego starter kit.

i'm not seeing a starter kit for an xl or xxl ego on greenhouse so i'll have to see which place ends up being the best deal, but thanks for the link.

how much bigger is the 1000ma xxl battery compared to a 900m mega xl battery and the regular 650ma ego battery?

btw thank you so much. helping a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread