Getting Started With RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola party people ;D So since I tend to be a seriously broke individual (it's not cheap taking care of a grandfather going through stage iv skin cancer xD), I decided to get into using Rebuildable tank Atomizers. I figure it will cost more up front, but with wire and silica (me and cotton occasionally have issues) being so cheap, I figure it will save me on buying heads in the long run.

So my question is two fold, what is a good, and reasonably cheap rta, and are there some good videos on understanding ohms and building coils that yall could suggest?

I already have a great multimeter that can read ohms, and plan on getting one of the little 510 ohm meters. I also have plenty of tools for doing this (blue collar household).

And again, thanks for the advice :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Alternately, you could look in to a Genesis style RTA like the Smoktech RSST (pyrex version can be had for around $30 - $40 and isn't a clone).

I recently picked one up as my first rebuildable and have been thrilled with it so far. Takes a bit of fiddling to get rid of hot legs/spots, but once you have it dialed in the same mesh wick and coil can last for a very long time with just periodic dry burns and a quick brush off. Went through 100ml plus on the same wick and coil and was still going strong.

Due to the design, I've heard people complain about gennies leaking when laid on their side or in a pocket. In my experience this hasn't been an issue yet, but then again it usually stays mostly upright in a pocket in my messenger bag. I probably wouldn't want to throw it in a pocket if I was going to be moving around a lot and very active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread