Getting tired of filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbye

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
DE
If you like your 808's I would recommend the Vortex by GotVapes. I believe they are currently out but they should have more coming with improvements. You can find a thread about them under the supplier forum that goes over their pro's and con's.

Also what will help is to fill a bunch at a time and put the condoms back on them until ready to be used.

I like to use a syringe to fill them as I can control how much I am putting in a lot better and you can stick it along the side all the way to the bottom and slowly fill a little on each side until full. This has reduced over-filling for me almost completely.

If you do batch filling try to stop using the carto before you dry it out so you can re-use it. If you over vape a carto to the point you get an off taste you may not be able to re-use it as that taste may not go away.

Edit: also a lot of what you are getting in your mouth may be condensation build up. I always keep a condom on my carto unless i am actively vaping it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nally-here-available-now-gotvapes-vortex.html

As bstedh said, the Vortex is out of stock but I think you'd like these. They hold a lot more, are easy to see when they need refilling, etc. Love them so I can't wait for the new, improved Vortx.

I am not into dripping, just too much work. I want easy and the Vortex is the easiest, best tasting carto around.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
Are you doing the cap method to refill? It was annoying to me to refill for a bit too, then I saw the video on the "condom" method, which is really just taking the cap(the one without the little pointy thing inside it) that came on the cartomizers, filling it with 18 drops and sliding the end with the threads into it... Here's a video:

Carto Cap Filler Method

It's so simple, no mess, no trying to keep the carto angled so the liquid doesn't fall out the bottom onto your fingers... I find it's a ton easier than pulling off the mouth cap and dripping into it... Not sure if you were doing it this way, already... Just thought I'd drop a suggestion, in case :D

Good luck :D

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks Guys.

I think I'll take a look at the REO. Seems there should be a system out there that doesn't leak no matter what.

Chris

If it has liquid in it there is the potential to leak, even a soda bottle can leak in your pocket. That being said, A well made feeder is least likely to leak.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
I have a REO and really love it! Very comfortable to use and reliable. Just got it, it's pretty purple and my fave right now.
But, I also have the Alpha Ultra from Innovapor and I have to say, the Alpha with the Res system is NO Mess at all. It is really pretty simple and you can go with it all day, you can even drip into the atty to refill and it goes into the RES instead of all over the place. Easily fits into your pocket, never leaks, never fires by accident. Kind of spendy, but it really does it all. You can read all about it in their subforum and on their site.

Insane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Insane Island
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: test posts don't belong here

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Sweet, i will check That out!! Doing the GOGO carts right now and digging them.

I have a REO and really love it! Very comfortable to use and reliable. Just got it, it's pretty purple and my fave right now.
But, I also have the Alpha Ultra from Innovapor and I have to say, the Alpha with the Res system is NO Mess at all. It is really pretty simple and you can go with it all day, you can even drip into the atty to refill and it goes into the RES instead of all over the place. Easily fits into your pocket, never leaks, never fires by accident. Kind of spendy, but it really does it all. You can read all about it in their subforum and on their site.

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
Are you doing the cap method to refill? It was annoying to me to refill for a bit too, then I saw the video on the "condom" method, which is really just taking the cap(the one without the little pointy thing inside it) that came on the cartomizers, filling it with 18 drops and sliding the end with the threads into it... Here's a video:

Carto Cap Filler Method

It's so simple, no mess, no trying to keep the carto angled so the liquid doesn't fall out the bottom onto your fingers... I find it's a ton easier than pulling off the mouth cap and dripping into it... Not sure if you were doing it this way, already... Just thought I'd drop a suggestion, in case :D

Good luck :D

wow that looks so much easier! I'm going to try that method with a fresh cartomizer.

ClayK

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
VA
Yet you carry around that monstrous cell phone? You carried around a box (and a lighter) for years? ;)

Don't knock it until you try it. I've actually found that both the REO Mini and Grand were well shaped. The Mini just didn't give me the battery life that I wanted, but that's part and parcel of what you get when you reduce in size. Of all my PVs, the REO is most likely to go into my pocket. I've put my eGo in my pocket, but I tend to not carry just one, so I soon realized I needed a case (PCC). At that point, it got too big. I've put my Darwin in my pocket, but it's probably the tallest/longest of all my mods. The ProVari is a nice size, but in it's current configuration (MAP installed), pocket storage just isn't viable. Of course, as with all things, there is a "preference factor" involved. But, barring actually trying something outside of your comfort zone, you'll never know (I recall you having this same conversation with me about Apple). Regardless, this weekend you are in for a treat, you get to try all the mods you wanted to try, so bring some juice. :)

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
I do not keep a cell phone in my pocket :p Plus you know how many packs of smokes I crushed over the years? It would kill me to snap off the tip of a box PV cost me $ and have nothing to inhale. :(

I wont keep the GoGo in my pocket unless I am carrying it for A to B. i.e. I won't sit with it. but I do like the slimmer design

Last edited:

ClayK

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
VA
I do not keep a cell phone in my pocket :p Plus you know how many packs of smokes I crushed over the years? It would kill me to snap off the tip of a box PV cost me $ and have nothing to inhale. :(

I wont keep the GoGo in my pocket unless I am carrying it for A to B. i.e. I won't sit with it. but I do like the slimmer design

You do realize the REO isn't plastic, at all. It's more likely that the atty will break before the REO will, honestly you have that risk regardless of what PV you put in your pocket. The same concept you apply with your GoGo is pretty much my MO with my other mods, save maybe my REO. I'll carry the REO in my pocket, but I don't sit with it. I don't sit with any of my mods/PVs in my pockets. I rarely will walk with a mod/PV in my pocket, but I'm cognizant of the fact that it's there. Just like with a pack of smokes, if I knew I had the risk of crushing it in my pocket, I took it out. But, I can carry the REO in my pocket without any fear of breaking it. I don't have that safe feeling with any other mod/PV in my pocket. It's pretty much the difference (for comparison) of having a small flashlight in your pocket vice having a cell phone or iPod. I wouldn't sit down with either in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread