Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
I've been at this since 2009 and I've been a die hard MTL-er. I recently decided I wanna try sub ohming. I picked up an Innokin Isub B because it works at lower wattages. I picked up some 3mg juice (i usually vape 12mg). When i vape the Isub i get a bit dizzy feeling. I know this is normal at first, but I was wondering how long it will take to get used to the sub ohm setup. Anyone else gone through this? Thanks in advance for your advice or tips.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I did but when I switched to subohm I was using 36mg juice. It took my breath away and there was no getting used to it I just lowered to 25-30mg’s tops and that helped. I currently have a squonker with 50mg commercial juice but I only take a small puff maybe once or twice a day. As long as I don’t exhale through my nose it’s fine and works well as a quick pick me up. If 3mg is a problem you could cut it with an identical bottle of 0mg and vape 1.5mg nicotine juice. Also shorter puffs and don’t hold in or blow out your nose is your only way to reduce what you absorb per puff. Other then that I don’t see any viable options other than manning up, take of your panties and putting on your big boy drawers. I’m kidding with that last comment but my smart ... brain made me do it. Best of luck and if you start feeling nauseous set down the vape for awhile because continuing will only make it worse.

Reactions: stols001

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been at this since 2009 and I've been a die hard MTL-er. I recently decided I wanna try sub ohming. I picked up an Innokin Isub B because it works at lower wattages. I picked up some 3mg juice (i usually vape 12mg). When i vape the Isub i get a bit dizzy feeling. I know this is normal at first, but I was wondering how long it will take to get used to the sub ohm setup. Anyone else gone through this? Thanks in advance for your advice or tips.

Sub ohm is kind of an old term these days IMO. I vape at around 0.5 ohms (ya, definitely sub ohm :) ) and 12'ish watts (ya, not much action happening there ;) ), but I do it with stainless steel coils that would come in at around an ohm if I made them using Kanthal.

The higher the watts you use the more juice you vaporise per puff and the more nic you get. And the higher the watts you vape the quicker you need to inhale to keep it cool and comfortable and the more you need to be using the appropriate atty to make that vape experience good for you.

IMO the dizzy feeling you're getting is from too much nic. If this was happening to me I would chose one of the following; reduce my juice nic level or lower my watts.

Best of luck with it :thumb:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I can empathise having overdone the nic chain vaping with a sub ohm coil and trying DTL earlier this week!!!

Keep the nic low, don't chain vape for extended periods ... and if all else fails be a coward like me and go back to MTL Tootle Puffing!

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Do not know how much help I will be but.....I switched to sub ohms when the big craze came in a few years ago. Was vaping 18mg and usually around 42 watts. It was good for a short while until I got sick and dizzy once. Once it happened then every time it would happen so I switched down to 12mg, then happened again after a few months then down to 6mg where I remained for a few years now on single coil rebuildables. Then I got a epod system a couple months ago and 50mg it came with was way to much and made me sick and dizzy so I went down to 30mg. So the past month I am vaping 30mg on a old mechanical and a Kayfun Lite at .25 ohms and I am fine and it is my sweet spot back at mtl. So you can say I am vaping now where I was 4 or five years ago with equipment I thought I would never use again. Only change is nicsalts in pods and Kayfuns now and lower ohms on mechanical as back then I was to scared to go below .8 ohms.

As someone said buy a bottle of zero and mix a 50/50 with the 6mg in a separate bottle and try that in your tank and see what happens. Sounds to me you are getting nicsick.

CHEERS!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I got dizzy a few times at first. The solution is to just set the mod down and ride it out. And dont do it again. You'll get used to how low ohms work eventually and part of that learning process is a bit of nic sick. It only took me a couple times before I was able to adjust. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I vape at around 0.5 ohms (ya, definitely sub ohm :) ) and 12'ish watts (ya, not much action happening there ;) ), but I do it with stainless steel coils
I'm the same with SS316L at .5Ω and 11 watts on a Kayfun V3 Mini. My juice is unflavored 9mg/ml. I don't remember ever getting a nic buzz.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It’s hard for me to know if it’s due to how you’re inhaling or the nic itself. If you inhale hard and hold your breath, you can get dizzy and shaky. I’d say if it passes fairly quickly, that’s probably it. If it takes a few minutes, and maybe leaves you with a full headache, it’s more likely the nic.

I am mostly DL at around.3-4 ohms, 40-50w and 6 mg works for me. In my pods, I use 25-35 mg salts, even as much as 50 mg is not a big deal. But there’s a huge difference in how much nic anyone can tolerate in various devices.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I went the opposite direction this time from Subohm, to MTL. (My kid guilt gifted me his setup after he quit vaping.)

It did not go so well, I was in the throes of quitting and had pneumonia for 18 months, not to mention 12 mg juice in there (seemed low to me?I I had been dilettante vaping at like 32 or whatever.

I also did not like the tailpipe feeling though. I still don't. I really don't have the lung capacity for it. I don't even do really deep inhales of MTL stuff most of the time.A

Anna

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
DL at high or very high wattages is all I will ever do, but when I was a smoker I was smoking MTL like most smokers are so I guess this means I can speak from true experience when it comes to lung capacity, inhalation depth, and the speed of inhalation. I never deep inhale because I am not a cloud chaser, and, I vape at 2.5mg-3mg on high VG (usually 70/30 or higher).

Right now I am vaping on a hard hitting series mech with dual Samsung 30T batteries, these are the hardest hitting batteries available to us. My RDA is the Deathwish Modz Unholy V3, this is a 28mm RDA. My coil build is .26 ohms dual coil so that's a reasonably powerful vape I guess. Yet, despite this, it isn't a hot vape. In fact I don't like hot vapes in any way at all. If you think my draw strength is so completely over the top that this is what cools the vapor down, think again. It's got asolutely nothing to do with that, as I am still only doing normal 2-3 second drags with the airflow setting half closed so only the bottom row of air holes are open. So then, what's my secret? There is no secret. It's just how airflow works if both the airflow setting and the positioning of the coils are done right and the properties of the coils are simply in line with that. These are Ni80 alien (i.e. regular 3-core alien) coils, 29g/36g at 7 wraps, 3mm ID. Nothing complicated.

But if you are used to doing 7 second draws and you refuse to do 2-3 second draws instead, then yes, naturally you are going to burn stuff up if going this route. :p

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I picked up an Innokin Isub B because it works at lower wattages.
Every tank/coil I have personally tried works at lower wattages. Right now I am vaping a Crown II with a 0.5 ohm coil at 14 watts. (Coil say best at 50-100 watts) I do that personally because I detest hot vaping.

Further, just because it is a subohm tank does not mean you have to DL it. I personally take it in my mouth hold it then exhale. I dont like DL or MTL. Do what is comfortable for you not what youre "supposed" to do.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Every tank/coil I have personally tried works at lower wattages. Right now I am vaping a Crown II with a 0.5 ohm coil at 14 watts. (Coil say best at 50-100 watts) I do that personally because I detest hot vaping.

Further, just because it is a subohm tank does not mean you have to DL it. I personally take it in my mouth hold it then exhale. I dont like DL or MTL. Do what is comfortable for you not what youre "supposed" to do.
Yeah most of my coils are .2 to .5 ohm but i vape them at 10-20W depending on the coil (I DL mine though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread