The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG - E-Cigarette Wiki

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Aug 26, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    The more I read the more I see the huge job you have done here urba!!!!!!

exellent job!!

Thanks for this start buddy:)

2. urbanite

urbanite Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
  3. buGG

buGG Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2009
    brush²
    nice work, urbanite!

4. HoPeFuLLL

HoPeFuLLL Moved On

May 19, 2010
    Perth Australia
  5. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    Thanks guys!

@HopeFuLLL, yeah I'll be sure to use your site and some of the pictures off of it... cheers for the permission...

Well, if anyone wants to help with the other pages (I've made loads of empty ones), here's a link to user manual on how-to use the wiki and the markup it uses, it's all quite simple once you get the hang of it:

Help:Contents - MediaWiki

6. tintal

tintal Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Haifa, Israel
    Nice job!
    How about other languages? Could it be set up like in wikipedia to show the list of languages an article translated to?

7. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    Trying to figure this out... Haven't really managed to do that yet...

edit: looked at it again, looks like this feature doesn't exist on the e-cigarette wiki

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    we have to make it first in english and then we can see for more language tintal my friend

9. tintal

tintal Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Haifa, Israel
    I'll be glad to assist translating this info to Russian. Just trying to figure out how to link translated articles to the English origin.

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thats a very nice offer from you tintal my friend! Ok guys, lets finish what js thought and urba started:toast:

11. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    You are also more than welcome to use my Drawings in the wiki. Also, let me know if you need some different drawings and I will see what I can do.

12. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    @Zoranth I think some pics with the official names of the parts on them would be very useful, so that people could better understand the instructions, since there is so much technical GG speak in there...

13. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    I will start working on an Exploded view of the GGTS\AVS and of each sub-assembly. Then I will send it to Imeo so he can provide "Official" names for every component.

14. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    I mean things like the control ring, the juice tank, the collector tank... that sort of stuff which has become common knowledge on this forum and when some says CR everyone knows what is... that's what I mean by official names...

15. HoPeFuLLL

HoPeFuLLL Moved On

May 19, 2010
    Perth Australia
    I put pics like that on my site to explain issues, systems broken apart so both parties talk about same issue.

16. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    ok, so I've sketched or done (however you look at it) the GGTS, AFS v2 and the AVS... and I might do GG Slim a bit later... but I've pretty much reached the end of the line on what I know about, as I don't have the previous models, I would greatly appreciate if some owners of the older models step up to do the corresponding models.

17. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    must've missed them... could you give me an exact link? I did look through your website and used some of the pics...

there is also the problem of you not having the AFS v 2 to take photos I think... and I'm too lazy to take apart my own and make proper good photos of it :)

then again I'm also thinking more like technical drawings or photos with arrows pointing to parts and labels written right on the photo, like in a good manual :)

18. HoPeFuLLL

HoPeFuLLL Moved On

May 19, 2010
    Perth Australia
  19. jsaveker

jsaveker Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Manhattan, New York
    Urbanite.... you have done a fantastic job with this!

20. urbanite

May 12, 2010
    Moscow
    Could you make a bigger higher res version of the AVS and the O-Rings one?