Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy_Lifeguard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
www.youtube.com
Now I have more and more videos on my channel - it's not easy to find something special if you are looking for - so I've create a special playlists - and I think the most interesting playlist is the one about Golden Greek. Here you can find it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL124BD2C910FE617D&feature=plcp

And in this playlist you can find all about GG Maintenance in the future - now it's only one video online about the button but I promise you - it will be more in the future ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL625F0576E8695B5D

I whish you all a lot of fun - If you are interested in something special, please post it inside the channel and subscribe - than you can't pass any of my new videos!

Thanks a lot to all of you!

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Great video Navy but what did this switch offers? I am asking because if GGTS has the brass parts (axis and button's pin) the drop of voltage is only 0,09 volts with a resistance at 1,5 ohms, so it would have shown a 4,06 voltage without this electronic button

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Great video Navy but what did this switch offers? I am asking because if GGTS has the brass parts (axis and button's pin) the drop of voltage is only 0,09 volts with a resistance at 1,5 ohms, so it would have shown a 4,06 voltage

I am kinda curious about the benefits also.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I respect Navy and his videos a lot, also I respect Florian the modder who made this switch, and despite we cannot talk regular I also respect the guy who initially developed the electronical switch but I am not going to make many friends in Germany with what I have to say! That review video is not very fair because the GGTS/Stealth with brass parts has a very good condictivity. The Stainless Steel parts though were a fail, that is why Imeo replaced them with brass again in the current line.

Because of the problems with steel parts (especially the black marks on switch and axis which are very negative for condictivity) there is a constant chatter at least in Germany like "The GGTS has a big contact resistance which other mechanical mods don't have" and it is repeated by everyone and anytime.
But that is not true, with brass parts, the GGTS if very nice. I compared my GGTS with brass to other modes that should be greater but the GGTS was ahead (not far but still).

Regarding to this video - I have the same equipment, the same inline voltagemeter and the same electronic switch and I made my own samples. This is what I found out:

Testsetup:
2 batteries of the same type, one discharged to 3,63V, one loaded up to 4,14V. Two Penelopes, one with a 0,9Ohms coil, one with a 1,9Ohms coil.

Test ItemOutput Voltage @0,9OhmsOutput Voltage @1,9Ohms
Bat#1, wo Switch, wo Load3,63V3,63V
Bat#1, wo Switch, under Load3,31V3,48V
Bat#1, with Switch, wo Load3,61V3,61V
Bat#1, with Switch, under Load3,22V3,34V
Bat#2, wo Switch, wo Load4,14V4,14V
Bat#2, wo Switch, under Load3,77V3,96V
Bat#2, with Switch, wo Load4,14V4,14V
Bat#2, with Switch, under Load3,31V3,72V

Conclusion: The switch helps people who have a a SS GGTS without brass parts. That is for sure, but you get more power out of your device if you substitute the stainless steel parts (Axis, Switch Axis, probably the Switch Housing too and the Upper Connection Pole) with brass parts.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Manni, I didnt know that Germans make friends when they hear lies, I thought the opossite!!

Ok, about contacts. I was the first one that made brass contacts, knewing about contactivity. Then people asked me for a full SS GGTS so I made it. Now that people saw the results I went back to brass.

Comparing other mods that have brass contacts with GGTS with SS contacts is silly.

Also I have to remind people that I was again the first one that put brass springs inside a mod and that was the GGTS.

Sorry that I remind to people those things but I see that I have to do that

Thanks a lot for your meassurments Manni:)

Vasillis still has brass button pins. That means that these people dont like good contactivity, they just want to complain. Otherwise they would have bought all the pins untill now

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
You know, history proves that usually some people find out that you were right after the others threw the stones at you. :blink: :p

Navy didn't lie in his video but he didn't mention the advantage of older and newer brass parts and/or the problem with steel contacts. He also generalized the variant with steel contacts as the only GGTS.

Anyways, I am going to enjoy a sunny sunday now! :)

Last edited:

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
I noticed that the switch goes up το 3 Amps!
I think that's a big problem because when we vape in 4 volts with 1 ohm resistance, we already have 4 AMPS!!!
Also even if we had 3 amps the switch would be on his limit.
how long it could last?

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
@Imeo
I guess that is what they call passion! :)

@stelioss
First the switch with electronic circuit uses a FET-Transitor to switch the power, so the physical switch stays unaffected of the current load.
I had the same thoughts as I got the switch but it works fine for me (0,8-0,9 Ohm Coils).
I think the FET is made for higher currents anyways (at least 5A if I remeber right) and second (I am on unstable ground here cause I don't have datasheets for the fuses), as I searched for alternative fuses (cause i though I'd need them) I read at another venders site that his fuses (specified as 3A very fast) are triggered at a current of 6A. Why that is - don't ask me! :)
But if that is the same for the fuses that are used here it would explain why mine (still) works... actually it is just sitting on my table tbh... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread