Status
Not open for further replies.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yes occu. They were iridium plated. Bruce didnt know that because I never informed him, I said it only on forum

Yeah, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, just looking at them I thought they were brass myself. But that's why I would like it to be a complete set including the springs so that I can just change everything at once, and not have to worry about it. And like you said not everyone follows the GG forum.

I wonder is iridium plated not as conductive as brass? Truth is, I think everything I have is brass except the springs and the center post of the connector, but I have never actually had any firing issues. I have never checked the voltage under load, so maybe all brass would make it fire higher, but I have checked the voltage by connecting the probes of a multimeter to the connector, and I don't lose even one single digit of voltage.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
do you think we need that piece too river? I ask because those pins were always brass

Maybe I misunderstood. If this is a package for folks with GGTS that does not have brass contacts, then no. If this is a general package for replacement of all brass contacts, then yes.
I guess I'm just saying that they should be available at some point. :) The end of one side is very close to the oring and will eventually be buffed down too close to use. Why not make that end longer like the other end so the part will have a longer lifespan.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
brass has a much higher conductivity and black marks in its surface are much more rare than the SS buddy. Also you can clear it very easy even with a rubber:)
Yeah, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, just looking at them I thought they were brass myself. But that's why I would like it to be a complete set including the springs so that I can just change everything at once, and not have to worry about it. And like you said not everyone follows the GG forum.

I wonder is iridium plated not as conductive as brass? Truth is, I think everything I have is brass except the springs and the center post of the connector, but I have never actually had any firing issues. I have never checked the voltage under load, so maybe all brass would make it fire higher, but I have checked the voltage by connecting the probes of a multimeter to the connector, and I don't lose even one single digit of voltage.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I didnt understand river sorry. What is the o-ring you are talking about?
Maybe I misunderstood. If this is a package for folks with GGTS that does not have brass contacts, then no. If this is a general package for replacement of all brass contacts, then yes.
I guess I'm just saying that they should be available at some point. :) The end of one side is very close to the oring and will eventually be buffed down too close to use. Why not make that end longer like the other end so the part will have a longer lifespan.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
The brass pin in your new GGTS adapter, you have two isolating orings on it and one is much closer to the end than the other, which limits the number of times you can clean/buff that end before you get to the oring. Sorry Imeo, hope that's clear :)
glare.gif
Thanks for explaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread