Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
This Pv is Version 1, and now has been upgraded in various areas. 6/4/2009

This is a Written follow up review of the GG Version 1 made in Greece by a man named Imeothanais.
This is a battery modified PV (Personal Vaporizer) Handcrafted down to the button:)
It truly does work like a dream and is much smaller than what it seems.
I have owned the GG for a few months now and was hoping to do a follow-up video review,
but I finally let it go back to Greece for the final upgrades just this week. Upon arrival I will do the final video review.
One of those upgrades besides the losing of the springs is a new handmade button.
Another nice new add-on is personalization by engraving whatever your preference is.
vzj394.jpg

Power:
GG uses 2 3v Cr2 batteries (in series) producing 6 volts total.
Using 6v is now and has been my preference since using the GG.
Which is very nice to be in control of when you need batteries I am still on the same 2 pair.
They can be found at very good prices at DealExtreme: $3.82 Rechargeable 3V CR2 800mAh Green 2 Packs
They last approx. 5-6 hours at a time, and I am a heavy smoker. They take approx 1.5 to 2 hours to charge.

juice consumption & Cart-life
(3 drops=6 puffs)
I would definitely recommend using the GG with no cart stuffing, this is a "dripping" style device. Have no worries because this device is sealed and will NOT drip into the battery component.:)
No worries though, running 6v really intensifies flavors like to the fullest potential In my opinion.
<Bit of a mixologist :mrgreen:
Topping off really isn't so bad because 3-5 puffs equals out to about 15-20 regular puffs compared to an ordinary personal vaporizer.
Which intern satisfies your crave/need much quicker ;)
This may sound cliche but with juice consumption being pretty high, the GG really billows out lots of smoke.
It's amazing, really. On the forum there is a video of a GG vs. Analog (regular cigarette)
The throat-feeling (Throat-hit) of an actual cigarette is without a doubt there, always, The hits are very consistent, I haven't had any mis-fires as of yet. You really feel this powerhouse on every push of the button.

Durability
This thing took a beating, I almost felt bad for sending it in pretty bad condition, I know clumsy. :p
Even through hardtimes the GG never failed. There is a video, soaking the GG and the infamous creash tests videos on Ecf in the photos & videos section of the GG forum.

Atomizer life:
One of the greatest cleaning methods for an atomizer would be to run 6 volts through for a certain amount of time.
That said,
I physically owned the GG for 7 weeks,.
One atomizer did die within a week of his video because the button
got triggered between my couch cushions lol *upgrade*
My second atomizer so far lasted me 46 days,
good thing I bought 10 in advanced ;P

**801 and 510 adapters are also available**

GG's are sold in the UK @ SmokeJuice - HOME
or for further information such as new models GGNano or Superslim
visit The GG - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat
There is a section of Photo's and Videos here as well

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ;)

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Very well done Iken,
you have produced an update to your original video review,
which covers all the points needed with intelligence,
and with good forethought as to how you have
laid out, and presented the write up.

You have presented all the relevant points in an interesting
and factual offering which I think you and Imeo should be proud of.

An excellent review,
easy reading and full of good points and well presented facts.
Your review makes it easy to comprehend
the uniqueness, and superb quality of design,
and the personal love of the inventor / manufacturer
that has gone into production of this mechanical marvel, the GG.

After reading your review,
we can all appreciate why everyone should have one.

Well written ............
-----------------------------------------------------------

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks alot for the love guys ;) Seems not that many people really care, I don't blame them though, this model is outdated and I slacked big time with the timing, Sakis if you want to delete this post, you can. It's totally fine, I just wanted to see if I can do this properly and a have a nice reaction, anyway.
Thanks again for being good friends. :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks alot for the love guys ;) Seems not that many people really care, I don't blame them though, this model is outdated and I slacked big time with the timing, Sakis if you want to delete this post, you can. It's totally fine, I just wanted to see if I can do this properly and a have a nice reaction, anyway.

Delete it? I delete only stupidness, badness, and BS. Who would delete an updated review from you who wrote all these things in one place and spend time and effort to do it just to inform this community without earning anything? You8 must be crazy friend

ps........ but you are ........like me xa xa :D:D:D:D;)

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Yes, Great review Iken :) I have the same sentiments...Oh how I lust for other Great Greeks now!!! <g>

I really must get mine or get another engraved ... with brass knobs on etc! and possibly other updates !!

People ask about my GG with a view to purchase when I'm out and about and it would be good for your business with the engravings, I think Imeo.

I wonder when I reply "It's a GG" to the question "What's that?" whether that's quite enough to send them in the right direction. The engravings would give them enough visual reminders of how to search for this when they were back online.

But not only that, I think it looks the absolute dog's ....***'s with the some of the newer updates.;)

It was certainly still to my eye an object of beauty in its original incarnation..

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk

Nice review Ike!! Very comprehensive and well written as always... :)

Can I just add to your comment on cart filler where you say:

'I would definitely recommend using the GG with no cart stuffing, this is a "dripping" style device.'

I have been using a cart with tea bag material as the filler for the past fortnight with brilliant effect. Having the filler topped up at regular intervals really helps keep the atomiser running cool so helps prevent the atomiser burning dry. My technique is to top up the cart with 2-3 drops and add one drop to the atomiser.

The only other thing I'd like to add is that I think we are not taking requests for personal engraving anymore. The GG Original will be engraved with the new logo, but if anyone wants a personalisation, they could always visit their local engraver. :)

GG Grant with different atomiser options:

GGGrant%20engraved.JPG

This is it: the GG (OriGGinal) - the Flagship GG model - not outdated, just updated. It has power options (6V or 3.7V), atomiser options (901, 801, 510) and to be quite honest, who needs anything else?....
certainly not me that's for sure! :)

EDIT:

PS. Oh and did I mention..... ITS IMMORTAL!!!! For anyone in disbelief, it still carries a 2yr warranty.... :p

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Ha Ha Vaughanie!! ;)

I just used the material from a bog standard builders brew teabag....you could always go organic though for peace of mind. The method was discovered I think by SurbitonPete and many have since converted to using this over the standard cart filler material normally present. There's a thread somewhere - I'll try and dig it up for you.... :)

So 'yes' - I guess there will be a campaign for loose leaf tea in our household after I've had my wicked way with all of these lovely tea bags!! lol :p

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Delete it? I delete only stupidness, badness, and BS. Who would delete an updated review from you who wrote all these things in one place and spend time and effort to do it just to inform this community without earning anything? You8 must be crazy friend

ps........ but you are ........like me xa xa :D:D:D:D;)

I agree with you Sakiss,
good friends are hard to find,
they should be treasured,
always keep your friends close........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread