Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Hello All,
Got my new GGTB from COV last week and have some questions. Was really wanting the GGTS but was tired of waiting and COV came up with a TB from somewhere and I jumped while I had the chance. I don't seem to be getting the vapor production and throat hit I had expected. I've tried 510 lr's, 306 lr's, MAP tank, Stormy's tank and even dual coil cartos on the GGTB but something seems to be lacking. At first I tried using 2 of the IMR 16340 3.7V batteries but got nothing but a burned taste from that so I stepped down to only 1 IMR 14500 3.7V. The taste was better with the single 14500 but I get very little vapor production and throat hit. My question is, can I expect more with the GGTS? I do enjoy big vapor production and strong throat hit but I also want to taste the juice without getting that burned taste. I still want the GGTS but with this experience with the GGTB, plus the fact the UFS is almost impossible to get, I'm having 2nd thoughts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Very interesting. I don't have a GGTB to compare, but I've always thought the device was pretty much irrelevant to the vaping experience beyond the mod's features (i.e. appearance, form factor, battery capabilities, juice/air control, etc.).

Here's what I mean:

At 3.7v with a 2.0Ω atomizer, you would be drawing 1.85 amps (3.7/2.0) and 6.8 watts (3.7x1.85) so the same power with the same juice should be the same or at least similar regardless of the device, right? Of course that's not always the case, so the only thing I can think of is that it's not delivering the same amount of power. I'd check each of the electrical connections, but I'm not sure what's going on here...

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Hello All,
Got my new GGTB from COV last week and have some questions. Was really wanting the GGTS but was tired of waiting and COV came up with a TB from somewhere and I jumped while I had the chance. I don't seem to be getting the vapor production and throat hit I had expected. I've tried 510 lr's, 306 lr's, MAP tank, Stormy's tank and even dual coil cartos on the GGTB but something seems to be lacking. At first I tried using 2 of the IMR 16340 3.7V batteries but got nothing but a burned taste from that so I stepped down to only 1 IMR 14500 3.7V. The taste was better with the single 14500 but I get very little vapor production and throat hit. My question is, can I expect more with the GGTS? I do enjoy big vapor production and strong throat hit but I also want to taste the juice without getting that burned taste. I still want the GGTS but with this experience with the GGTB, plus the fact the UFS is almost impossible to get, I'm having 2nd thoughts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

smitty,, the 14500 battery is very lacking in my opinion,You really need to use the 17670 battery in the GGTB, Or on 6v use a 3.2 ohm smoketech cartomizer.. These should give you GREAT vapor production and excellent TH....

Hi @smitty727, I also own a GGTB and I am definitely mad about it!
Throat hit, vapor production, and taste keeping depend primarily on which atom/battery combination you use, and from the composition of used e-liquid. The bb has a minimal influence on pure performances, only because it can dispel more or less electrical energy coming from batteries, but generally this loss is an irrelevant quantity, and in the case of GGTB is so small that you can appreciate it only using a multimeter!
Anyway, 7,2V it's a very high tension for LR atoms, in my opinion it's really too high for those ones, and for the MAP too (which is about 2,4-2,8 Ohms I think).
Generally speaking, 3,7V on a 510 LR atom (1,5-1,7 Ohms) gives a good TH.
If you want something more, you could try with 6V (2x16340 LiFePO4 or LiIon rated at 3-3,2V) but with a NR atom (2,2-3,5 Ohms).
If you prefer the taste, you could use 901 atoms, or 801-BE112 which have a little colder vapor but a great taste rendering!
About the GGTS, I could only say "GET IT!", it's simply a piece of art.
Indeed, I think no one of your problems is in any way related to the GG's.
Hoping I've been of help.
Happy vaping!

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
smitty,, the 14500 battery is very lacking in my opinion,You really need to use the 17670 battery in the GGTB, Or on 6v use a 3.2 ohm smoketech cartomizer.. These should give you GREAT vapor production and excellent TH....

All very true in my experience. I noticed a huge difference when I got some AW 17670's from Bruce for my 1.5ohm attys. I love the 6V as well, in the 3.3-3.5ohm range, and even do the 7.4V el scorchorino sometimes, but only with some 5.5ohm attys I got awhile back, and even those get really hot-quickly..

And cleaning all contact points and threads, definitely! The best way to get the most out of any mechanical mod-even if new. I read the thread clavit is linking when I first got my ggtb and it helped me out..also cleaning inside the button can help as well, see Imeo's vid below-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrlil_42AkY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
+1 on the observations on batteries.
The bigger, the better. A lr atomizer on a 14500 battery is pushing it a bit, and you'll get better results with a bigger battery.
AW17670 is a good choice. I only use IMR's and use 14650 or 17500 in my GGTB. They won't break a sweat just because you ask them to feed a LR atomizer :)

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
I can only agree with what's been said about battery size and the GGTB . . . I also started off with a 14500 and very swiftly swapped to the 17670 as it wasn't hitting the spot somehow with the former.

And, the drip shield looks pretty cool I think on it. :)

DSCF0948.jpg

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
smitty, I agree to all the previous friends said and I have to add that if you have burn taste means that GGTB is working too good and burns very quickly the liquid. So its a matter of atomizer you use. Please use a new or different atomizer and maybe a different liquid. As I see your battery works very well too.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
I also have a GGTB and use 16340's and 14500's. I've been using LR 901 atties mostly but have just started using 510's as well. Taste and vapour production are great but I do notice a drop in performance as the day goes on. I have spoken to more experienced GG users and all have recommended 17670's so I'm aiming to get one soon. I am more than happy with how the GGTB works at the moment and expect it to be even better with a more reliable battery.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
You guys were correct about the batteries. The 14500's with a lr atty just don't get it for me. But with the ICR 123's and a HV atty the GGTB rocks. Vapes like a freight train. Clouds of vapor, excellent throat hit and the flavor of the juice really comes through. I love it. Hopefully COV will have the GGTS pretty soon and I plan to place my order as soon as they are available. Sure wish I could get my hands on a UFS also. I keep watching the classifieds but it's rare to find one for sale and they usually sell in minutes. Hopefully Imeo will be able to produce some more in the near future. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Smitty

Last edited:

SparkyII

Feb 4, 2011
UK
I also have a GGTB and use 16340's and 14500's. I've been using LR 901 atties mostly but have just started using 510's as well. Taste and vapour production are great but I do notice a drop in performance as the day goes on. I have spoken to more experienced GG users and all have recommended 17670's so I'm aiming to get one soon. I am more than happy with how the GGTB works at the moment and expect it to be even better with a more reliable battery.
It certainly is, but do make sure you get an AW 17670 - the cheaper ones often don't fit properly as they have bumps and ridges that can catch and tear when you insert them.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Hello All,

Here's my opinion on the GGTS

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/181373-ggts-things-i-dislike-like-w-mod.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread