Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Got tired of humping my ATX psu down to the workshop (plus it's too big for my computer desk) so I finely grabbed this old 16v IBM laptop psu I've been moving out of the way in my "possible things to mod" box, plugged in the ol' glue gun...I felt like a kid in elementary school glueing macaroni to a piece of cardboard :p

I've got sheets of black metal mesh from my computer modding days and was going to make a cover for it but now I'm thinking...it kinda reminds me of something out of that movie "Brazil"...maybe I'll just leave it the way it is?

View attachment 72762 View attachment 72763

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
I was waiting for the black metal mesh you promised before I'd chime in, but I see you went and reloaded the glue gun :p

I'm guessing it is like heavy screen door weave, but a bit of me hopes it is more of a perforated sheet metal. Either way, arching over the goodies like an airplane hanger.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Yup, and it doesn't really drive the current like I'd wish either but judging by the size of it, really, what did I expect?, I'll just drive it till it dies, I have a psu from a Toshiba Satellite on deck, better numbers, slightly bigger (more space to glue crap, lol) ...the Xbox psu's are great though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread