• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Gifts from Asia ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I just got 3 packages all at once today from 3 different vendors in China and Hong Kong.... which is weird in itself. Just thought I'd share this with you all...

1. USB Wall Adapter ... 4 port 2A. For my chargers and passthru. Bought this one on Ebay. Vendor marked the customs declaration as a "gift - video game accessory" valued at $8 ... it was actually $14. Time to arrive ... 19 days

2. 2x 1W LED flashlights, 2x Trustfire 18650 2400mah batteries, 1 trustfire multicharger. This from a Chinese Ebay like site that specializes in lighting. Liked the flashlights, may turn one of them into a 808d mod. Vendor marked the customs declaration as "gift - pad lock" valued at $10 ... it was actually $57. Time to arrive ... 31 days. Pad Lock?:blink:

3. Riva 901 starter kit ... this one from VaporHawk - Ocean Haiyuan ... the vendor "Min" marked the customs declaration as "gift - gift" valued at $10 ... it was actually $30. This one took 43 days start to finish, but Min informed me the package had been returned damaged and was resent ... after the resend it took 22 days ... Min is funny, addresses me as "dear" in correspondence. To even see the customs declaration on this one I had to tear another sticker off that China Post had pasted right over top of it. :) Note ... the ad on the Vaporhawk site was kinda confusing, apparently I am getting some free e-liquid as well that I didn't even know about ... luckily on the resend they were waiting on e-liquid so are sending it separately ... will be interesting to see if it makes it thru and how it will be declared.

I didn't ask any of these vendors to fudge the paperwork ... this is pretty much the norm in my experience.

Now to enjoy my gifts ..... Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread