Giving e-cig a second try after over a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0ks

Feb 17, 2014
Canada, Quebec
A bit more then a year ago i tried e-cig with pretty bad results. My first tank was a Stardust and then changed to a Mini Nova and then a Nova, only to find out that my juice either needed steeping or contained alcohol, giving me a very harsh throat hit and a perfume after-taste. Things to me had become a bit too complicated, so i gave up and decided to stick with analogs.

Now i really want to quit smoking. I'd like to change my lifestyle around and be more healthy, eating better, maybe go to gym too, and obviously cigarette are a pretty big obstacle. I'm 25 and started smoking when i was 11, became a pack a day guy at 15 and now smoke almost 2 packs a day. Not to mention the Canadian goverment's recent raise on cigarettes taxes has hurt my wallet even more so now (usually cost me 300 to 350 a month and i dont have a big salary at my job). I think one of my problem is that, as silly as it may sound, i actually enjoy smoking, there's something relaxing about it that i like. So i'm hoping e-cig can get me off the analogs this time around but i'm guessing some thing must've changed in the past year and i haven't kept track with any of it.

So would some veterans recommend a solid beginner kit that can last me a while? I know lot of people here enjoy mods and building a collecting of batteries/tanks and such, but i'd rather keep it simple, just something that works great but wont cost over 100$. Though an eroll is defintely in my plan down the road. My budget would be around 80$ for the e-cig and then i'll check around for some Canadian juice vendors. I've read Jugheads was pretty good and don't use alcohol in their juice.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
Welcome back to the land of vaping!
Itazte vv v3
iTaste VV V3.0 Express Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

Its pretty plug and play. And the kit with battery, charger and 5 tanks can be bought for anywhere from 65 - 75. Its also sleek, more stick/ cigarette like. Less like carrying around a flashlight or walkie talkie than some others

People might recommend the MVP too, longer battery life, and boxy.

Theres also the ego kits. They're real cheap... but they're cheap. Just whatever you get research it well. Post here and get what info you want about it after reading and searching YouTube and Google. From what ive heard things have come a ways in the last year.here's to this go around being the one that gets you to stop smoking and start vaping

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi N0ks and welcome (back :)).

First of all, do you care about the shape and size of your battery? Because, honestly, if you don't, I think this is the best deal going--ATM. This is the iTaste MVP 2 that k702 mentioned above. It's technologically advanced, user friendly, comes with vv/vw, 510/eGo threading, ohm reader and--it will even charge your cell phone. The battery is 2600 mAh, which means it will go for two or three days without needing to be recharged. What's not to like? :D

images

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
I personally like the Innokin itaste VV V3 ($30 to $50) or MVP2 ($40 to $60) to start with. The iClear tanks that come in the kits are decent but you can get a good glass tank like the Aspire Nautilus or Kanger Aerotank for $25 to $35. Juice sometimes needs breathing/steeping to get to that optimum flavor but some places offer pre-steeped juices (Ahlusion). It certainly takes some patience but it's well worth it. If you're 2 packs a day I'd say at least 24mg nicotine juice. Good luck and hopefully it sticks this time.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
For a long lasting device that's solid i'd say MVP perhaps. Or SVD from FT (great kit for just 60$ or 36$ for the device itself)
Good thing with SVD is that you can change batteries when they're worn out, you cant do that with an MVP or ego.

However if you want something smaller and closer to a cig-alike i'd suggest vision spinner / Ego twist batteries with a protank mini 2.
Also iTaste is a good device as K702 linked.

I would second the Kangertech Mini Pro Tank II with a vision spinner. I purchased two of these sets from a local store plus a charger. My local B&M even mixes their own liquid on-site so I love going there. As far as cost, the mini pIIs were USD $20 each. The spinners were $25 each and the chargers were $10. So all told, we got out for a bit over $100 USD plus local tax.

Note: this was for a complete setup for both my wife and me.

Your coils will go out after a period of time. In general I am getting about a week per coil by your mileage may vary. You can get them for less than $3 each. That is pretty much as simple as anything yet having style and quality that can last.

Note: we went back and purchased 2 more spinners and 2 more mini Pro Tank IIs about two weeks later so we could do two different e-liquids at a given time.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I would second the Kangertech Mini Pro Tank II with a vision spinner. I purchased two of these sets from a local store plus a charger. My local B&M even mixes their own liquid on-site so I love going there. As far as cost, the mini pIIs were USD $20 each. The spinners were $25 each and the chargers were $10. So all told, we got out for a bit over $100 USD plus local tax.

Note: this was for a complete setup for both my wife and me.

Your coils will go out after a period of time. In general I am getting about a week per coil by your mileage may vary. You can get them for less than $3 each. That is pretty much as simple as anything yet having style and quality that can last.

Note: we went back and purchased 2 more spinners and 2 more mini Pro Tank IIs about two weeks later so we could do two different e-liquids at a given time.

And you can order these quite cheap online aswell. Just make sure it's an reliable vendor that carries the real thing and not knock offs.
Kanger coils can last up to a month each with a little of maintaince.
I'm constantling switching between 2 coils which i clean everytime with hot tapwater. They're all good as new. :)

nster

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Hey I'm in a similar situation except me it was 2-3 years ago

check this out: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7764-new-purchase-super-excited-any-tips.html

It depends are your needs. Do you want something discreet or do you want better performance? Are you near an outlet or computer all the time or do you need decent battery life?

I suggest you look at dashvapes.com, great customer service and people love them. Jugheads is good, mtbakervapor is good and dashvapes sales juives from them, you can get cheap juices at alternatecig.com if you e-mail the owner (shipping is 7$)

Mousey

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Itazte vv v3
iTaste VV V3.0 Express Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

Its pretty plug and play. And the kit with battery, charger and 5 tanks can be bought for anywhere from 65 - 75. Its also sleek, more stick/ cigarette like. Less like carrying around a flashlight or walkie talkie than some others

Theres also the ego kits. They're real cheap... but they're cheap. Just whatever you get research it well. Post here and get what info you want about it after reading and searching YouTube and Google. From what ive heard things have come a ways in the last year.here's to this go around being the one that gets you to stop smoking and start vaping

Second that! i was using a V3 before i switched over to the ZMax, great little unit, surprisingly good vape at high voltage even from such a teeny thing :)

cathleenmarie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Citrus Springs, Florida USA
Itazte vv v3

I agree with the above and own both the vv v3 and MVP.

ca_vap

Mar 9, 2014
Toronto
Hi, I am new to this and by no means an expert but here in Toronto I would check out several flea markets. I use one in Mississauga but there are many to choose from. Personally I prefer the vendors that have samples on display to try, some of them just open the bottle and let you sniff it but I want to taste it. My kit was aprox $50 so if you want to try it before you really invest in something better that's the route I took. Hope this helps.

I had troubles with the throat hit also, I'm quite sensitive as to what I can vape especially if its an all day vape. I'd recommend you get a juice that is a blend of VG/PG, make sure the manufacturer uses the best materials possible to avoid the added filler chemicals/perfume as that seems to be the kicker for me is the quality of the product. I like smooth vapes without after taste and heavy throat effect. It's worth it to pay a little more to get nicer quality.

ive taken vaping back up again and im looking for an upgrade thats affordable. Basically i want a battery that will last more than a day , portable, sleek and sturdy . Currently im running a 650 mah ego c with a protank mini 2. It gets the job done , however im ready for the next chapter . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

N0ks

Feb 17, 2014
Canada, Quebec
Sorry for the late reply, woke up late to work so didn't have time to check.

I think i'll go with one of the 2 Innokins. The variable voltage is a nice bonus as i had problems with a too resistant coil before and that could come in handy. I'm not sure which one to get though. Both look great and seem to have their pros and cons. I might buy the batteries alone and go with another tank if i get something better that way, any recommendations on tanks?

Also, any recommendations on what juice i should get? I'd like a nice and smooth throat hit but not necessarily a strong one. I really don't know what i should go for about juices. Is there a vendor in Canada that has no alcool in their juice? I heard great things about jugheads.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Surprised at how much traffic there is on this forum, even at this hour. I'll bump the thread by asking 2 things that came to mind. What's the difference between rebuildable and not? Also, is there a case where everything can fit in it AND fit in my pockets?

If it's wrong to bump a thread just give me a waring, i won't do it again.

Stock coils are already made and ready to go. They can be rebuilt--but it's not required. RBAs are atomizers for which you yourself have to build coils and wicks. It takes some knowledge and equipment and patience. If you want to know more, we have a subforum dedicated to rebuildables--I suggest you pay them a visit if you're interested in winding your own coils.

There are many cases of different sizes--depends on what you want to carry with you and... how big your pockets are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread