Gladius M burning juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffewsad

Jun 20, 2015
New Zealand
Hey,

I'm fairly new to vaping (2 months or so) and have a couple of setups, a fairly standard eGo with an Aspire K1 at 1.8ohms, and a clone twist running an Innokin Gladius M at 2.1 ohms. I only recently got the twist, and I've started using the Gladius with it because previously I had nothing with the voltage to fire it well. However, every time I take it past about 4 volts, I get a burning taste. At 2.1 ohms that means that whenever I exceed 8 watts it's tasting funny. I would have believed that it'd be okay up to around ten watts from what I've read, so I'm thinking there may be something at work here.

In your opinions, is it because it's:
A - too high a wattage for my poor little dual-coil atty;
B - because I'm opening the airflow too much; or
C - because there's too much VG in my juice? (I'm running Cloud Science Beta mixed with some 70/30 PG/VG juice I picked up from a B&M.)

The reason I suspect it's not simply too much wattage is that I've tried the K1 on it, with the same juice, up to around 10 watts with no burning and a delicious cloud of vapour (yes, I use British spelling). I've also tried a spare coil at the same resistance - same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @saffewsad. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are getting a burnt taste (we call those "dry hits"), if usually means your wick cannot pull the eliquid fast enough to keep up with your battery. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Most non sub-ohm clearomizers don't like high VG juice. You can try thinning it out by adding a couple of drops of distilled water per ml of juice to thin it out.
2. Decrease the airflow. The decrease in airflow will increase vacuum inside the tank's atomizer, which should increase the flow of juice to the wick.
3. Dial down your voltage. This will vaporize the eliquid at a slower rate.
4. Take a sharp draw (or two) on your drip tip (without engaging your battery). This will pull more eliquid into the coil so that it will be available when you press the battery button and take a draw.

You will get the feel of this over time and develop a sense of how often you will need to do this to avoid "dry hits".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread