Glass/metal T3 style clearomizers, and why SI should make them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKx2

Jun 29, 2012
NY
I am really loving this new T3 design, especially the fact that heads are replaceable. It is extremely solid, and doesn't "flex" the way the x2 clearos do, due to having the Ego style connection instead of 808. The center tubes of my X2 clearos would always deviate from the center of the housing after carrying in a pocket, connected to a battery... Which sometimes led to leaks at the battery connection. The T3 doesn't seem to have this issue as it has a solid connection to the battery without any wiggle room.

I really feel like this design is here to stay! SI should make a glass (Corning or Pyrex for safety and durability) and metal version! I think it would be really cool to have a unit made completely of glass and metal (outer center tube, upper metal ring, and mouthpiece all one piece). Essentially there would only be 3 parts to the unit, plus the replaceable heads.

Obviously something like this would be more expensive, but I for one would pay a premium for it! It would be so much better than the "MT3" design which is basically the standard T3 with a metal sleeve over it.

Not only would it last a long time, but it would allow for easy cleaning and switching of flavors (with a different head of course). It would also allow SI to focus on making improvements to the heads (maybe making different versions for different juice types ie. 100% PG, 100% VG and everything between). Obviously different juice types don't wick the same... Which is why some complain of dry hits, others complain of flooding, etc.

From a profit perspective, I'm sure the price could be set high enough to cover the cost of x number of T3's a typical person buys for one flavor of e liquid. I would typically use 3 X2 clearos per flavor, per 6 months or so with cleaning. With the T3s I'm thinking this will translate to 3 clearos plus 3 head replacements every 6 months... Around $30 per unit... And then you could maybe offer packages with replacement heads...

I'm sure people would buy different ones for different flavors... And also I'm sure people would break them now and then and need replacements, like the iPhone which can handle light drops but not having a dumbbell dropped on it (I had a coworker who did this lol).

Anyway I hope I made a valid argument, and I'm curious to see what other members think!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm glad the T3 is working so well for you. I'm not a big fan. I fill one out of convenience when I'm in a rush, and kick myself all day every time. And I don't think I'm the only one. So to see them expand on that one thing (that I'm not so crazy about), I think I'd rather see them look into other delivery systems first...just my :2c:

JKx2

Jun 29, 2012
NY
I think the design is solid compared to previous clearos I've used... What I think needs work is the wick/coil portion of it...

100% PG wicks too fast, 100% VG is too slow... The heads can always be improved upon as long as they fit the tank...

The bottom coil design (in my opinion) is superior to others... The main thing now is regulating the flow...

Last edited:

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
I think the design is solid compared to previous clearos I've used... What I think needs work is the wick/coil portion of it...

100% PG wicks too fast, 100% VG is too slow... The heads can always be improved upon as long as they fit the tank...

The bottom coil design (in my opinion) is superior to others... The main thing now is regulating the flow...

I concur. The flow is not quite the same using various juices as you pointed out. Also the other main complaint is the "gurgling" and airy draw. If they could fix those problems, it would indeed be a superior clearo as the construction is pretty solid.

Last edited:

JKx2

Jun 29, 2012
NY
Exactly! The problem is not with the construction of the clearomizer but the design of the head... With two air holes closed the pull is perfect (for me). I think that's where they need to start... Either with one hole or 3 holes that are simply smaller... Then adjust the wick design to work better with various juices. It would be awesome if there were multiple versions available... Like for example when you go to add it to your cart, there could be a drop down for 100%vg, 100%pg, 50/50 pg/vg etc... I don't think it would really cost more... It's just a question of resistance and wick thickness/material.

I've only used a T3 for 1.5 days using 50/50 HHV Legend... So far I've had no dry hits or gurgling... Time will tell, I suppose. I do know that I'd already have some sort of problem by now if this was an X2 clearo...

JKx2

Jun 29, 2012
NY
This is how I tightened my draw... I used 3m Durapore tape on two of the holes. It doesn't plug them up completely, but reduces the flow just enough:

IMG_2104.jpg IMG_2105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread