The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Glass

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by bk78, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Just wondering if there is any glass or Pyrex tanks sold in Canada? I'm pretty sure I've checked every vender possible but I may have missed one. Thanks for the help :toast:

2. GIMike

GIMike Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    Here's a bump for ya, good luck. I've purchased one thing from Canada, and that was the ego-booster, which isn't even around anymore I don't think. At least not with the twists out now, it shouldn't be.

3. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
  4. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Sweet. That's one I missed. Thanks ordering now.

5. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Gonna need some pretty glass for all that Pluid eh?? :D

6. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Well I heard it likes to crack Polly? And that's all I have except my pheonix and attys. I want to vape this stuff by the tank full.

7. therealcmac

Ya it will KILL poly, glass or SS the best way to go.

8. GIMike

GIMike Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    Poly wants a crack....er?

9. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    You could risk it and try a metal vivi nova tank.

10. therealcmac

I would be concerned that it may melt the silicone cap on the head....You want to use metal tips as well.

11. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    wow seriously? daaummnnnn that sounds like some scary jooooce :)

12. bk78

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    I don't like novas so that outta the equation.

13. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Hey anyone want some hydrofluoric acid juice... anyone....anyone... its got a throat hit that cant be beat... anyone... anyone...

14. Tgoode

Tgoode Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    Ontario
    It won't do anything to silicone.

If it did melt silicone or other rubbers than it wouldn't be vapable at all... Attys and cartos have silicone insulators in the base and most tanks use silicone or nitrile rubber o-rings.

This is exactly how misinformation spreads.

15. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was SO excited when I read this...THEN, I clicked the link for the replacement cartomizers in the tank's description, and found THIS at the bottom of carto description:

Though these cartos are recommended for use with the DCT V1 Custom Pyrex Glass Tanks, perhaps the disclaimer exists only to protect them from people who use them in other tanks?

16. DuaneNeveu

Supporting member
  17. therealcmac

Well good thing you are here then ;) I certainly wasn't trying to spread misinformation, I was just stating what i thought. You could have simply corrected me, without the jab.

18. DuaneNeveu

Supporting member
    Okay, I'm admittedly totally confused...?

There was no jab...? I'm not even sure what you're referencing, sir. I'm not a forum jerk, and to make sure I'll never allow myself any questionable behaviour, I use my real name and pic! I certainly didn't mean any offense, and I'm sorry that you took it that way. I'm a vaping noob, and was simply excited to share some information for fellow Canucks looking for a tank that they could vape without worry.

MAN! I hate how the written word doesn't allow for tone or inflection in most cases. This is the kind of misunderstanding that can lead to crazy forum flame wars.

Since I'm new, given the number of threads I'm currently subscribed to, I often post without re-reading through the history of the thread. You're post on page 1 wasn't even on my radar when I wrote mine.

Sincerely "therealmac", I meant ABSOLUTELY no disrespect AT ALL! SINCERELY! Still friends?

19. therealcmac

I wasn't referring to you Duane, and my name is Chris :) It was the whole "This is how misinformation spreads" thing from Tgoode, like I was intentionally being ignorant. It is hard to determine peoples intentions through the written word for sure.....and maybe i take offence too easily :p I am just here to help and talk vape. I mean no offence to anyone.

20. DuaneNeveu

Supporting member
    OH, cool then...

I thought just minutes ago, though, that your post had a quote from ME in it? I could be imagining things...as long as we're still "friends".

Like I said, I'm a noob. I signed up here to learn, get help, and maybe even give help from time to time. I've got no time for drama on a site like this, so I just wanted to clear the air ASAP!

Good...movin' on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.