Glv reviews??

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Oh, Wow, I have been boasting about my GLV 5.0 Volt since I have got mine..... I began on a 510 and it was great for a time.....
Then needed more volts and longer lasting batteries so I went to the Silver Bullet...... For the reasonable price, it was a good 3.7 / 6.0 volt Mod...... It ate juice like crazy.....
So, I upgraded to the hand made GG Transformer 3.7 / 6.0 volt Mod with locking power button and AFS..... This gave me a long battery life and allowed me to fill juice once a day....... The 3.7 was too weak and the 6.0 was too harsh.....
I heard the 5.0 Volt was the so called " Sweet Spot " for vaping...... I got the GLV 5.0 Volt...... Wow, it is the closest thing to a real cigarette as I have had...... Batteries last me two days...... At home I vape the GLV only...... Can't activate the power button by accident, comfortable to hold...... Great throat hit and vapor production....... Carry it
everywhere...... The only time I don't use it is when I am driving....... The GLV is excellent...... Just wish the juice would last longer.......

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Like Ab said it is a great device..

Easy to hold. Actuate button is easy and in the right place. no going off in pocket.
Unit is light weight and not too big.
Easy to carry around with you.
solidly built.
5v is the sweet spot for sure..

I have the 801.. very smooth.. batteries last me most of the day on one set.

I agree that 6v is a little strong for me.. 5v is just right where 3.7 is too low.

I would like to see different heads offered with and without resistors so ppl that like 6v could just screw on a different head or use the device as a 3.7 but Im sure this could be offered easy enough in the near future.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
my 5v is so harsh i cant even enjoy it.
what could i be doing wrong.
Jay can you please get back to me.
when i put my meter on this thing one on the battery one on the end of the unit and i hit the button the voltage is saying its 8.13v so i dont have a resistor in it right?I am order #67 and i paid for it so please get back to me.
:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I have to mimic what others have already said here, it doesn't want to leave my hand, or rather, my hand doesn't want it to leave.

Vaping since last October, my only experience was the 901 (and a Joye 306 which didn't last long). When battery performance started declining I decided a big batt mod was in order. With the guidance of other forum members, I made the move to high voltage at the same time. Also made the move to cartomizers by modding the 901 batts and PT.

I'm a fairly utilitarian person. I want my PV to vape well. It doesn't have to be a fashion statement. However, the offset atty that allows excellent placement of the button also affords a really cool visual. My son refers to it a the "e-...." (no offense intended to anyone). Maybe most importantly, the GLV vaping experience has been enough to keep off analogs.

I see a lot of members with an entire stable of PVs. Not me. I haven't seen or vaped anything better (IMO) and until jay comes out with GLV 2.0, I'm done looking.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US

I'm glad you posted this, so now I know why you can order different heads seperately-doh!!!

I just got mine and I love it! I don't even have the higher batteries yet, just a set of non-rechargeable 3v I bought for something else, and it still is just great. I really like the design, the button-size and placement are great. I'm past that "it must look like a real cigarette" phase now. I still like those, but this is the greatest unit for 5V, and they are not that easy to find, at least for me. I just think this is the best $100 I spent so far. It's solid, but not too heavy, not too dainty, and I can use my cartos or atty's-my regular 510 ones I happen to really love. I'm so glad I waited and found the perfect 5V unit.

Rags

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
Got my 5V GLV today and its AWESOME. It fits perfectly in my hand and the button is great. The button is a little stiff but I am sure it will get easier to push after I use for for awhile. I am using a 3.5ohm 510 atty on it and it hits like a champ. The vapor is awesome and is very comfortable to use. I did put Noalox on the threads for the end caps and they screw on like butter. I am using 2 3.7V Ultrafire 880mah batteries and it is a snug fit. I think that is great tho because you dont have to make sure you have they placed right like in another mod I have owned. Its like it was made for my hand and I really like how the atty is offset from everything else, just in case I flood the atty and some juice leaks out. The lettering is very well done. I like how you an feel the letters that are etched. Mine is custom etched as you can see in the pic. I am very happy to see the GLV logo on the other side of it too. Overall it is a A+ mod and I would recommend anyone thinking of buy one to buy it. I will take this one with me everywhere. You will not be disappointed at all. It is reasonably priced for this caliber of HV mod. I have owned several other HV mods and sold all of them so I could buy this one and another HV mod(Check the signature).

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
I'm glad you posted this, so now I know why you can order different heads seperately-doh!!!

I just got mine and I love it! I don't even have the higher batteries yet, just a set of non-rechargeable 3v I bought for something else, and it still is just great. I really like the design, the button-size and placement are great. I'm past that "it must look like a real cigarette" phase now. I still like those, but this is the greatest unit for 5V, and they are not that easy to find, at least for me. I just think this is the best $100 I spent so far. It's solid, but not too heavy, not too dainty, and I can use my cartos or atty's-my regular 510 ones I happen to really love. I'm so glad I waited and found the perfect 5V unit.

Rags

Update: this is the 2nd day with my GLV 5-Volt unit and wanted to post that it's even better today. I got my rechargeable batts in the mail today and loaded them up, and it's really great. Been using some cartos I already had and some I got today from V4L. Only the flavors don't taste the same as before, they taste BETTER. I had a 7.4 V unit but it was too hot for some flavors. I've dripped and used my cartridges too and they all taste perfect on this model. I also ordered another head last night, a 901.

Last edited:

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Got my GLV 5 volt unit on Friday, since then it hasn't left my hand. I flippin' LOVE this!!!

After researching and using the 3.7 volt mods, I decided to try a 5v mod to see what all the rave about the "sweet spot" was. To my benefit, GLV just got some body kits in and the price was very reasonable so I ordered me one in the 510 connector and just a few days later, my GLV 5v arrived and it blew me away!!!!

Pros:

Perfect size: I have small hands and when I wrap my fingers around it, all that shows is the top cap. Feels great in my hand, not heavy but definitely not dainty either. It is a nice solid piece that's easy to grip, and no slipping or fiddling trying to place my fingers on the button and press.

Vapor Production and TH: On a scale of 1-10, the GLV 5v gets a perfect 11.
I've been using the new 510 cartomizers with my favorite flavors, just fill, attach and YUM!!! The draw is SO nice too, very easy compared to my other mods. Others I have to hold down the button and draw for about 10 seconds but with my GLV, hold button for 4 seconds and inhale TONS of vapor.
For women, this IS a big deal!!! One of the things that really bothered me about smoking was the wrinkling around the lips from puffing on cigs. Less time with puckered lips, LESS wrinkles!!!!

Style: Appealing to both women and men, I think it's very stylish and the hubby thinks its macho and tries to take it from me. But remember the grip ease? Yeah, he AIN'T getting this out of MY hand. :)

Cons: Well by golly, I don't believe there is any!!!!

GLV 5 volt device is more than just hitting that sweet spot, it is remarkably fabulous!!!!

Big THANKS to Jay!!!! You did real good with this device!!!!!

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I got my GLV today (5/07). Simply beautiful. I thought it would feel heavy, but it is light and sturdy. “ergonomic” is the only word I can use to describe it yet elegant.

Well; I had already a couple charged batteries and immediately tried it… I was using a 3.7 box with 16 mg tobacco juice. Oh God! What a hit I received! Awesome! I could not stop coughing for a minute.

The TH and vapor is amazing. You may think a LR atty in a 3.7 box is similar; but not true! The TH is “about” the same, being better in the GLV and the main difference is the “quality” of the vapor… the 3.7+LR produces a lot of vapor but is not as “dense” as the one produced by the GLV… the cloud may look the same size but the GLV produces a white “puffy” cloud while 3.7 is less dense.

Then, my next step was to try different flavors… I’m a believer now; 5V is the sweet spot, flavor is perfect and in some ones, it really shines. For example, Café Moka from Tasty Vapors and Mint ChocoChip from Ms T’s bakery exploded in flavor. Not one of my old devices, not even with LR attys break the flavor as the GLV; now I can taste strong Mint and coffee flavor… they were great; now those two flavors are perfect.

Simply put, GLV worth each penny and the time waiting. Finally I have a device that looks great, feels awesome in the hand and is pocket friendly. I can’t ask for anything else… well, yes, not I want a mini!

Noir

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
They are Everywhere
OK, I ordered a GLV mini 3.7 and I must say that I have really been impressed with the performance and reliability. It is an excellent size for an on the go vape device. Battery life is very good and vapor production is more than satisfactory. I have used a 510 and 808 cartos with an adapter and both have worked very well without issue. This is a good investment IMHO and I plan to purchase an additional unit from Jay. As far as customer service, I had an issue with the unit when it arrived and it was taken care of in short order. You may have to wait a little for the unit but I do recommend its purchase if your looking for a small, reliable, long battery life mod.

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
I still love it. It has not let me down one time, not one mis-fire of the button. It is the perfect vaping set-up. It works best with atty's and carts, not so great with cartomizers that are pre-filled, only because the juice gets used up too fast, and then you get that burnt taste. So with the 510 Blank Cartomizers, it's great, I keep them filled and topped off much better than I used to and the flavor and vapor can't be beat with this unit. Wish I could afford a colored model! I love the heat of the vapor with this unit, you can feel a little of it on your tongue when you draw, and you don't have to draw nearly as long as before with less voltage models. This is just awesome. I use my unit probably 75% of the time. The rest is just when I am craving a prefilled carto that the 5V would use up too fast and I don't have any of the juice here!!! But yes, you must refill your carts and cartomizers sooner than you are used to doing because of the 5Volts. Learned that soon enough. Thanks for the advice, Jay.

Do they make an atomizer that works great at 5 volts? I mean my regular work good, but is there one specifically for in-between 3.7V and 6V or higher? Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to my new cap too.

Oh, I've been using this battery and it works great, lasts a long, long time. And when it goes dead, it goes dead fully, not slowly:

UltraFire ICR123A 880mAh 3.7V Have two sets that I rotate regularly and even have a set of disposable in this size that worked till my rechargeable arrived when I first bought it. So if my charger ever goes up, I can use those in a pinch.

By the way, now that vaping is more popular than ever, this is the unit I recommend to anyone who wants the perfect device, not too low, not too high voltage, and they can save a lot of money and trouble searching for something that will work great every time they pick it up.

You need to set up an affiliate program!LOL.

fast12345

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Just want to let people know how great Jay's customer service is. The best I have ever received from a PV supplier. I ordered the GLV 5v 510 connection with batteries and charger. Received the package exactly when promised. But, due to my own stupidity, I stripped the batteries. I immediately contacted Jay, he took my call and I began torturing him with an endless tirade of questions. He told me that he would replace the batteries, and not only did he, but he overnighted them to me for Saturday delivery. I got the new batteries, threw them in the GLV and for whatever reason they overheated and made the GLV unworkable. Called Jay again, again torturing him with endless questions (I'm very good at this). At this point, Jay said send back the GLV and he would fix it. I sent it back to him. The minute he got it back, he overnighted me a replacement GLV. This new GLV worked perfectly and I can't believe how great vaping at 5 volts is. The two overnight shipping costs Jay incurred probably was close to how much I paid for the GLV. Thanks again to Jay and GreatLakesVapor and I highly recommend the 5v GLV and the support that comes along with it.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Just want to let people know how great Jay's customer service is. The best I have ever received from a PV supplier. I ordered the GLV 5v 510 connection with batteries and charger. Received the package exactly when promised. But, due to my own stupidity, I stripped the batteries. I immediately contacted Jay, he took my call and I began torturing him with an endless tirade of questions. He told me that he would replace the batteries, and not only did he, but he overnighted them to me for Saturday delivery. I got the new batteries, threw them in the GLV and for whatever reason they overheated and made the GLV unworkable. Called Jay again, again torturing him with endless questions (I'm very good at this). At this point, Jay said send back the GLV and he would fix it. I sent it back to him. The minute he got it back, he overnighted me a replacement GLV. This new GLV worked perfectly and I can't believe how great vaping at 5 volts is. The two overnight shipping costs Jay incurred probably was close to how much I paid for the GLV. Thanks again to Jay and GreatLakesVapor and I highly recommend the 5v GLV and the support that comes along with it.

Ahh.. Another success story from another happy GLV owner. No other mod comes close.... We are all in a class by ourselves arent we?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Ahh.. Another success story from another happy GLV owner. No other mod comes close.... We are all in a class by ourselves arent we?
Really looking forward to joing the class!! That really was a terrific customer service story fast12345....Personally I think it's a Michigan thing!!

Nice post!
:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread