• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Glycerin in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
Rob your point is very valid, people do not understand how dangerous nicotine is, all it takes is one dumbass to kill themselves or a child with nicotine poisoning and all of a sudden no one will be able to get liquid nicotine into the country. I do not support nicotine being sold in any higher strengths than 48mg even to the DIYers as the risk to the vaping community is way too high.

blindfury

Sep 11, 2011
GTA
Picked up a bottle from Shoppers today.

37469739.jpg

FYI, some shoppers have it on the shelve, some do not.

In the case of PG, I have visited 2 Shoppers and both said they cannot sell. (One plainly denied to sell, the other nicely told me I can get them easily from chemical companies)

Alright, the search for PG continues...

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
Picked up a bottle from Shoppers today.

FYI, some shoppers have it on the shelve, some do not.

In the case of PG, I have visited 2 Shoppers and both said they cannot sell. (One plainly denied to sell, the other nicely told me I can get them easily from chemical companies)

Alright, the search for PG continues...

your going love this.. try here its in manitoba.
It's usp grade, you should also be able to find it at TSC stores .

DOMVET - Horse Supplies & Cattle Supplies

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Also wondering if anyone knows what the the warning label that has a circle with a T and a dot below the T means? The bottle says may irritate eyes and mucous membranes, avoid inhalation?
If my memory serves me correct, The circle T just means it's technical/Lab grade.

TallGrass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
If it only takes one drop then I should be dead 50 times over right now.. anyways,

Glycerol is also produced by various routes from propylene. The epichlorohydrin process is the most important; it involves the chlorination of propylene to give allyl chloride, which is oxidized with hypochlorite to dichlorohydrins, which reacts with a strong base to give epichlorohydrin. Epichlorohydrin is then hydrolyzed to give glycerol.[3]

Because of the emphasis on biodiesel, where glycerol is a waste product, the market for glycerol is depressed, and the old epichlorohydrin process for glycerol synthesis is no longer economical on a large scale. Glycerol can be removed from the process by using a special enzyme that breaks down phytol and starches. This enzyme is biologically produced using a genetically engineered bacterium. Because there is no glycerin produced as a by-product, the biodiesel purity is greatly improved and costs can be reduced.[4]

Only one producer for synthetic glycerol is left, because high-quality glycerol is needed in highly sensitive pharmaceutical, technical and personal care applications. Raw materials used to make glycerol include animal fats, such as beef tallow, and vegetable oils, such as coconut and soybean.

Read that carefully and you'll realize why some people prefer a vegetarian VG than any old bottle walmart bottle of VG. Anything can be labeled "USP" as long as its produced for that standard but it doesn't imply that it wont taste like soap when you're vaping (*cough* humco *cough*)

blindfury

Sep 11, 2011
GTA
It takes a strong man to inhale something labeled for cows... regardless of the ingredients. Perhaps one day I can overcome this irrational fear.

Thanks anyhow, but what does TSC stand for?

your going love this.. try here its in manitoba.
It's usp grade, you should also be able to find it at TSC stores .

DOMVET - Horse Supplies & Cattle Supplies

TallGrass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I haven't tried this brand of VG yet but it can ordered from amazon, $5 for 16oz.

http://www.amazon.com/Solutions-Gly...HA8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317906725&sr=8-1

100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine has a long shelf life and does not easily oxidize. It is an all-natural product derived from Non-GMO palm oil or vegetable oil. NOW® Solutions is the next step in the evolution of personal care products. This comprehensive natural line encompasses anti-aging moisturizers and serums, bath and body gels, shampoos and conditioners, oral care, skin care, and essential oils, all of which are formulated with the finest functional ingredients from around the world. NOW® Solutions products avoid harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients in all of our formulations, to provide a more natural product line. Suggested Usage: For soft, luxurious skin simply massage a few drops of 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine on the desired area as needed. Discontinue use if redness or irritation occurs.The vegetable glycerine contained in this product is considered food grade. NOW Foods does not test on animals. Please Recycle

Here is a question from the FAQ on Now's webpage,

What is the source of NOW® Vegetable Glycerine, and can it be used as a sweetener?

NOW® Vegetable Glycerine is a natural by-product of the cosmetic industry. It is derived from palm oil and is 100% pure. Vegetable Glycerine is safe to use as a natural sweetener, and actually metabolizes slower than regular table sugar.

NOW Foods - Cosmetics FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread