The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Glycerine and nicotine

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by kinabaloo, Mar 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Interesting article : NicoBloc - a new way to start quitting smoking - a knol by Ciaran J. Newman#

Seems that glycerine has an affinity for nicotine and readily absorbs it (hence glycerine as a useful solvent in the extraction of nicotine from tobacco). Glycerine in a cigarette filter effectively absorbs (removes) nicotine from cigarette smoke. If it is a good way to transmit nicotine via a vaporizer is i guess open to question. Certainly the glycerine transports the nicotine well, but whether it lets go of it when it reaches the lungs is the question. Maybe the debate on nicotine hit - some say yes, some say no hit - actually resolves around whether there is VG in the juice. If this is not the case, and VG can deliver the hit, all well and good, because VG seems best tolerated, its thickness producing a good viscosity after dilution with flavours etc, and its superior vapor extent.

ps : i have noticed recently that i get more vapour after a mix has been in the vaporizer for a few hours. This is nothing about time to wick, and i guess is due to some part of the juice having evaporated (alcohol from the flavoring being the likely candidate, or perhaps water). Anyone else notice this?

2. rmasu

rmasu Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    hawaii
    I have, after i fill up a cart, if i try and smoke it right away its not as good as putting it down for a while

3. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I dont mean that, the few minutes wait. I am talking a few hours of (occasional) use, so something else going on here ...

4. TribbleTrouble

TribbleTrouble Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I hve noticed that too. When I squeeze out old juice from spent carts and drip it into my e-cigar, it makes much thicker vapor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.