Go easy on your 510 v2 Gold cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
Probably the best carto I've ever used,but they seem to be very fragile. The thread connection to the base of the carto is weak,so be gentle when you attatch to your PV. I've had 3 of 6 break so far,and never had this problem in the past with other brands. I'm not .....ing....just a heads up.

xq9mj9.jpg

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
What kind of PV? I am not exactly gentle with mine, and I have not had that happen with 15 of them. I don't overscrew, but i am confused how it will happen. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm using a Buzz. I thought I may have over tightened the 1st one when it broke,but that's never happened before. The second one looked crooked on the Buzz,so I started to unscrew it,and it broke. Last night I had my Buzz sitting on the coffee table. The cat tipped it over,and it was enough to break it again. All three failed in the same spot. I'm not sure how the gold thread portion is connected to the base of the carto,but it appears to be two separate parts,and the way they bond needs to be addressed IMO.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I'm using a Buzz. I thought I may have over tightened the 1st one when it broke,but that's never happened before. The second one looked crooked on the Buzz,so I started to unscrew it,and it broke. Last night I had my Buzz sitting on the coffee table. The cat tipped it over,and it was enough to break it again. All three failed in the same spot. I'm not sure how the gold thread portion is connected to the base of the carto,but it appears to be two separate parts,and the way they bond needs to be addressed IMO.

I've been using these for a long time, even Beta tested them for Issac upon there introduction so used them for some time now, and have never had a problem, I will say though that the Buzz's native 510 top cap is a bit different than many PV's on the market and you can really screw the carto down deep into that top caps connector, with that being said I would only screw those carto's down just until they make contact and stop. I think you wont have any problems if you do this, they are NOT known to break and are clearly one of the best cartos with filler that have been out for a while.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

This is a new one on me. I use a Buzz too. I'm also in MI. like you and wingscup. Maybe it's corrosion from the salt they use on the roads here. :) (JK)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Firstly,
THANK YOU WW for making this thread, with you and Wingscup, this makes 3 people so far to experience this problem. I was told about this a week ago and have had solder joints reinforced for the upcoming batch. We did develop these from the ground up afterall and all feedback is heavily encouraged. I'm leaning towards adhesives at the moment.

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
Firstly,
THANK YOU WW for making this thread, with you and Wingscup, this makes 3 people so far to experience this problem. I was told about this a week ago and have had solder joints reinforced for the upcoming batch. We did develop these from the ground up afterall and all feedback is heavily encouraged. I'm leaning towards adhesives at the moment.

You're welcome:) Hopefully it's isolated,and only a handful of people have issues. Some reinforcement in that area,and you'll have the perfect carto.

Go Wings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread