The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Go figure...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by debbir, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. debbir

debbir Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I was loving my dse901. Still do. But, I decided to order a 510, just to try it out. Well, well, well...I adore it. I like the 510 better than the 901. I get a better th, more vapor, and more flavor. Now, if I can just get a battery to make these batteries last longer.

2. SirVette

SirVette Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2010
    Texas
    Get some mega XL 510 bats which will work w/ your 510.

3. Newbie2u

Newbie2u Moved On

Mar 23, 2010
    New Jersey
    You could also order an Ego or Tornado or Riva...all screw right onto the 510 atomizer and offer a much longer battery life

4. Col. Gaunt

Col. Gaunt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I agree, if you like the 510, get an ego. It will last the longest in terms of battery live.

Regular battery is +/- 180 Mah
    XL Battery is +/- 280 Mah
    Ego Battery +/- 650 Mah

The higher the Mah, the longer the battery will last.

5. Toker

Toker Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2010
    Georgia
    I received my ego in the mail 2 days ago and started vaping off it immediately and I still haven't had to charge the battery. Granted I'm only vaping during the daytime right now (waiting on my lower nic juices to get here). I vaped on it all day yesterday and it was good and strong, but today I've started to notice a slight decrease in it, so I'm assuming that battery is getting close to dead.

I had a 510 and used up 2 batteries a day, now with the ego, 1 battery every 2 days. :thumbs:

6. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Most battery mods are available with a 510 connection. So you can either get the mega batts for the 510 or get a mod. (I haven't touched my 2 stock and 1 mega 510 batts since getting my Little Chuck.)

ETA: If you like the 901 batteries and want to buy a little time while you decide what's the best thing for you to buy for the 510, you can get adapters. You'd need a 901 to 510.
    These are all $3.50-$6.00 (plus shipping)
    madvapes
    altsmoke
    azsmokefree
    chicago-ecigs
    goodprophets
    ecigexpress
    electronic-ash
    indyvaporshop

(The only one I've ever purchased from is Mad Vapes -- an excellent supplier)

7. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Get a laser mod from Ikenvape for $35.00 it isn't much bigger and it uses the 10440 battery. If you really want to go top notch go to notcig and get a Buzz with adjustable voltage. Then you'll never need another mod.

8. VaporPhreak

VaporPhreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Build (or buy) a Nicostick type mod with a 510 connector. 14500 batteries last for a LONG time even under heavy vaping. And then look in to 510 Cartomizers :D You'll thank me later! :vapor:

edit: check out http://indyvaporshop.com You can buy Nicostick type (box mod) and Lazer mods there for a decent price. Sorry yall, had to promote my local brick & mortar shop :D

9. debbir

May 2, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Being a noob, I did not realize there were so many batteries other than the mega xl (have one coming soon) that could be used with the 510. Thank God for this board, or I would be in the wind.

I had a sleep study the other day and my 901 fell out of my purse. The tech said, "Oh, you're an e-cig person, too" We talked for a while. She has a blu. She knew nothing of this board. Did not even know that she could get different flavored juices, or even about refilling carts. Her boyfriend had just bought her the blu and some carts. Told her I would write down this board's web address for her (did not know it off the top of my head) because she was definitely losing out not knowing more about e-cigs.

Thanks to all
    Debbi

10. debbir

May 2, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I am saving up for a Chuck. I read a lot about them, and knew I had to have one. What made you decide to go with a Little Chuck?

11. mistinthewoods

mistinthewoods Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, MI
    debbir, If you're interested in a 510 mod PM me.

12. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    debbir you can also get the 510 to 901 adapter (I got mine from madvapes) so you can use your 901 atties on your stock 510 batts (and even on mods in the future too) - I do this (saves you wasting your 901 atties too) for fruity type flavors as I find the 901's cooler temp suits most fruit flavors better (imo) than the 510's ultra heat. I'm a huge 510 fan but sometimes it doesn't bring out the best in the lighter flavors lol

13. mistinthewoods

Feb 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, MI
    The good captain is right. I also find that menthol comes across much stronger on a 901 as opposed to the 510.

14. SirVette

Apr 14, 2010
    Texas
    That's interesting, do 901 carts hold more menthol than 510 carts?

:smokie:

15. mistinthewoods

Feb 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, MI
    No but the atomizers carry the flavor better. Both 510 and 901 are good PVs but flavor is the 901s strong point. The 510 is much more versatile though. They make cartomizers for them. You can get the eGo or tornado batteries for them and they last a long time.

16. SirVette

Apr 14, 2010
    Texas
    I started w/have the eGo. So I have to start looking for the old good 901 attys.

17. mistinthewoods

Feb 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, MI
    Do you have a 510 to 901 adapter for the eGo? A 901 atty won't work on the eGo. It's a 510 ya know.

18. SirVette

Apr 14, 2010
    Texas
    Yes I know about the adapter & the search for old 901 attys too.

19. debbir

May 2, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I did get both a 901 to 501 and 501 to 901 adapter. I thought it best to have since I have both pipes. The only sort of modification I have is the 808, which I have yet to use. Especially since I have been mainly vaping on my 510 with the megaxl battery. It lasts me almost all day, and I use a regular battery to finish the day.
    I will have to look into what you said about the fruit flavors tasting better in the 901, as grape has been my hands down favorite so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.