Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Holy CRAP.

I didn't believe this was possible!

I bought the Goblin Mini tank about two weeks ago from China and it came yesterday

The Goblin Mini is 22mm in diameter and 29 mm tall not counting the 510 pin and the drip tip.

The pyrex drip tip is a non standard diameter. If you want to use your standard 510 drip tip it does have an adapter to use a normal 510. The pyrex drip tip is not too much bigger than a 510 so I kinda like it. It certainly isn't a chuff drip tip.

The Goblin Mini comes with an extra tank, extra drip tip and extra screws o rings, etc.

First off the vape from the Goblin Mini is better than my vape on the Magma, Veritas, and the N22.

The flavor is every bit as good as using the Freakshow Mini, and my beloved Rogue.

To borrow one of Rip Trippers lines the flavor is killing.

This tank holds 3 ml of juice (same as my beloved Subtank Nano and has three times the airflow and flavor that is better than some RDAs and equal to the two best attys I have used

The Goblin Mini has a silicone plug so you can close it off on one side and just rock it with a single coil.

My coil was 2 mm diameter and 7 wraps of 28 gauge Kanthal. Ohm rating 1.04 with organic cotton wick not the Japanese cotton pads. I shredded organic cotton balls.

The juice wells are nice and big so the tank feeds lime a freight train with stellar flavor

OK what's wrong with it,

1. The pendulum airflow device came off mine while trying to get the device apart. It just sits around the 510 pin

2. There is a tiny screw on the bottom to fill the device and try not to lose the screw and gasket but it does have a spare or two if you lose them.

3. Richard Ng reviewed this and in his review said the device leaked like a son of a ------ choose your expletive with his first build.

4 the RTA deck is VERY claustrophobic I have 7 wraps around a 2mm screwdriver shaft and it barely fit. One reviewer has 6 wraps of 26 gauge with 2.5 mm inside diameter. You will not be putting a parallel or Clapton coil in this beautiful sexy little tank.

Note Mr Ng said it was leaking at the airflow not the screw and gasket. I used the tank a little and did not find where the little Goblin had leaked yet but I have it sitting in a lid to catch any leakage. Will post an update tomorrow whether this tank leaks or not.

So far the tank has been filled for 12 hours and absolutely 0 leakage.

I have used a bunch of the old Clearomisers the Nautilus Mini, the Kanger Subtank Mini and Nano, several attys and to rate them here is how I would rate them.

Goblin Mini, Freakshow Mini, and the Rogue all at first place.

Nautilus Mini in second

the Magma and Veritas in third.

The other atties in fourth.

Subtank Nano that I made a coil and wicked the OCC HEAD. in fifth.

The stock OCC heads in Sixth

And no need to mention. The old Clearomisers

I am literally shocked that ANY tank can equal my favorite atties.

When I found the FS MINI and Rogue I thought I was done with tanks but the little Goblin said think again!

I hope UD comes out with a Goblin Mini V2 with an improved filling system and better airflow adjustment

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have one on the way as well and am very anxious to see how this little fella performs. The attraction for me is the size and I am only planning to use it as a single coil device. Film at 11:00...

You are GONNA LOVE IT!

BEST FLAVOR of anything I have ever used. And almost identical flavor to my Freakshow Mini and Rogue with top airflow.
No leaks yet.

I only had two problems with the tank so far

1. The screws are TINY.

2. while dry burning the coil I has one of the screws back out on me with the check Atomizer warning.

If you are looking for flavor you definitely came to the right place.

I thought it was impossible to get atty flavor from a tank.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I have been using mine in two different configurations. One for temperature control and the other for MTL on a 1.2 ohm coil. Both single coils. I've found the dual coil configuration to make the tank really freakin hot. Single coil is where I like it. I keep my coils fairly small, like 5-7 wraps of 28awg or higher on a 2.5mm rod. This leaves plenty of room for the wicks to hang down. I cut my wicks at an angle and allow the sharp tips to hang down into the juice holes, keeping the other end of the angle (the wide end) just at the top of the juice flow channel. That ensures the wick is fully covering the juice hole but it narrows going into it and wont cause the cotton to be compressed when you screw on the bottom of the chimney. There isn't anything this can't vape. 100% vg....no problem. It's just all about that wicking.
Keep in mind, the coils sit directly on top of the airflow holes which can cause spattering from the coil to hit the top of your mod. This is just spattering and after a full tank there is barely a layer of juice on the mod itself. Nothing to be concerned about at all. Very very light.
But if you don't cut your wicking right and liquid can get around it, it will flow right down the airflow and onto your mod. This is by far the best RTA I have used to date for flavor. On temp control you can pull on this thing for days and wicking keeps up without even blinking.

Reactions: Vchick

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have been using mine in two different configurations. One for temperature control and the other for MTL on a 1.2 ohm coil. Both single coils. I've found the dual coil configuration to make the tank really freakin hot. Single coil is where I like it. I keep my coils fairly small, like 5-7 wraps of 28awg or higher on a 2.5mm rod. This leaves plenty of room for the wicks to hang down. I cut my wicks at an angle and allow the sharp tips to hang down into the juice holes, keeping the other end of the angle (the wide end) just at the top of the juice flow channel. That ensures the wick is fully covering the juice hole but it narrows going into it and wont cause the cotton to be compressed when you screw on the bottom of the chimney. There isn't anything this can't vape. 100% vg....no problem. It's just all about that wicking.
Keep in mind, the coils sit directly on top of the airflow holes which can cause spattering from the coil to hit the top of your mod. This is just spattering and after a full tank there is barely a layer of juice on the mod itself. Nothing to be concerned about at all. Very very light.
But if you don't cut your wicking right and liquid can get around it, it will flow right down the airflow and onto your mod. This is by far the best RTA I have used to date for flavor. On temp control you can pull on this thing for days and wicking keeps up without even blinking.

Thanks for the tip about the angle cut. Will definitely try that

I also use 28 gauge Kanthal 7-8 wraps my current build is 1.02 ohms.

I make my own ejuice 70/30 and the Goblin Mini feeds like a freight train. If I was using Kojendo (Japanese organic cotton pads it would feed even better.

Not one dry hit.

I am not saying the Goblin Mini has zero issues. It does but the convenience of a tank with the flavor of great flavor chasing attys and better than some it is worth putting up with a few issues.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
single or dual coil?

I always use a single coil because that is the way I like to vape.

I bought the Goblin Mini's big brother the Zepherus. I sold it because it would not work as a single coil.

I bought the Goblin Mini just because it came with the silicone plug to use in single coil mode.

I sincerely hope YouDe (UD) will release an update to the Goblin Mini.

The things I would change are.

Get rid of the fill screw in the bottom

Put a single coil deck in the bottom something like a Kayfun Lite.

Put a standard 510 drip tip instead of the non standard.

Get rid of the itsy bitsy Philips screws for Allen screws

Change the airflow adjustment method.

Don't make it any taller to keep the awesome flavor it has now.

Until I used the Goblin Mini I was positive that I was done with tanks.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks, I finally found a good vid showing the plug for use with single coils, think I'm going to make the plunge, thanks!

I love the thing. I started my review the way I did because I NEVER expected any tank to match flavor with great flavor chasing attys.

It just has a few issues to work around. You get the flavor better than the Magma and Veritas and you don't have to drip all the time.

IMHO it is worth putting up with some issues for the killer flavor and convenience of a tank.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Duplicate

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
  • Deleted by classwife

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
The tank is near perfect in my opinion. Only things I would change are:
1) Standard 510 drip tip without an adapter
2) Strengthen the airflow pendulum
3) Slightly wider build deck (there's room)
4) Top fill (even with that tiny screw, just want it on top)

The key to all of this is, they cant change the way the chimney works or it will change the flavor. Even widening the build deck could change it. Even if they never make these changes I will still be happy. The device is just that good.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The tank is near perfect in my opinion. Only things I would change are:
1) Standard 510 drip tip without an adapter
2) Strengthen the airflow pendulum
3) Slightly wider build deck (there's room)
4) Top fill (even with that tiny screw, just want it on top)

The key to all of this is, they cant change the way the chimney works or it will change the flavor. Even widening the build deck could change it. Even if they never make these changes I will still be happy. The device is just that good.

#1 agree 100%
#2 disagree. For me the airflow via single coil is perfect.
#3. As short as the tank is redesign the deck for a single coil. Perfection. And you would have more room for larger more powerful coils.
#4. Top fill would be great but would like for the unicorn bottle tip or narrow plastic tip could go inside the tank to prevent spillage.

About the present build being that good. I agree. It is the best tank I ever used. A flavor chasers dream.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
#1 agree 100%
#2 disagree. For me the airflow via single coil is perfect.
#3. As short as the tank is redesign the deck for a single coil. Perfection. And you would have more room for larger more powerful coils.
#4. Top fill would be great but would like for the unicorn bottle tip or narrow plastic tip could go inside the tank to prevent spillage.

About the present build being that good. I agree. It is the best tank I ever used. A flavor chasers dream.
Keep in mind on #2 I'm speaking about the durability of the pendulum. Many people are reporting that it has a tendency to break or come loose.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Keep in mind on #2 I'm speaking about the durability of the pendulum. Many people are reporting that it has a tendency to break or come loose.

My pendulum completely came off of my Goblin Mini when I took the tank apart. I could completely take the pendulum airflow adjustment off and be perfectly happy with the airflow.

I pushed the pendulum up over the 510 and it stayed where it belongs.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I really like mine for flavor. May get another because price is good. Hoping the next version is changed as two bears mentioned. Price is what I like. No leaks on mine and vapes real well.

As I said I intend to use my Goblin Mini till I strip the threads. I never thought I would ever find a tank with the flavor and airflow as good or better than my favorite attys.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I really like mine for flavor. May get another because price is good. Hoping the next version is changed as two bears mentioned. Price is what I like. No leaks on mine and vapes real well.

You can get a clone on eBay for $19.99, or an authentic for $10 more on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread