Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Try a kanthal build and use ko gen do or other cotton(resemblance) cut to strips(?). Instead of holding tails up above chimney. I found a different way of dressing the cotton. The cotton should be a little loose when pulling thru your coil(not too tight). I wet my fingers and twist the strip as I run it thru the coil. Have enough cotton tail to run part down the channel to bottom. Use 1/3 of that for channel the rest will go into the chimney. Run that 1/3(approx.)down the track and cut it slightly above the bottom. The other cotton you will trim so it doesn't overkill the chimney(too stuffed up). Trim the chimney cotton so it doesn't block off the airflow and brings some wicking. Place that cotton in a way that it's to the side of your posts. It sounds like alot of info but it's really easy. Just don't over cotton the tank and take your time for a couple of builds. Then you'll have it. Hope this helps. Anyway that's how I do it. Get good scissors (Dr.Slick). These make it so much easier to dress coils.

Thanks, I used KGD, and I have proper tools. My titanium coils work great in every tank and build I use, so I'll stick with that. For testing, it's best to only change one element at a time.

Therefore, I will try your wicking technique as it must be what's blocking the flavor. Thanks for taking your time to write with suggestions!

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Thanks, I used KGD, and I have proper tools. My titanium coils work great in every tank and build I use, so I'll stick with that. For testing, it's best to only change one element at a time.

Therefore, I will try your wicking technique as it must be what's blocking the flavor. Thanks for taking your time to write with suggestions!
Sounds good.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Reactions: davevape55

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Got the Goblin Mini V2. single coil Titanium build, KGD cotton, cut at the top of chimney, stuffed back down in juice wells. Air wide open, good vapor output, no leaking. But NO FLAVOR, after 1 full tank with juice I'm used to. Tried lots of temp settings. Read so many rave reviews on great flavor, I'm guessing it's my wicking, will try less next tank.
Where did you get your Goblin v2. if I may ask?

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I just received a goblin mini v1, and I now see why there is so much hype on this thing. I built a single 7 wrap 2.5mm 28ga kanthal coil and Wow! The flavor is fantastic, and the build was pretty easy. It took only 2 attempts to get the wicking right, and I am loving this little guy. My only gripe is the little flat head screw. I do not mind bottom fill at all, but I wish it was a phillips head.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I just received a goblin mini v1, and I now see why there is so much hype on this thing. I built a single 7 wrap 2.5mm 28ga kanthal coil and Wow! The flavor is fantastic, and the build was pretty easy. It took only 2 attempts to get the wicking right, and I am loving this little guy. My only gripe is the little flat head screw. I do not mind bottom fill at all, but I wish it was a phillips head.
Yes the GMini is an awesome RTA.

Some reviewERS hype everything. I dont hype anything without just cause.

I think the GMini is AWESOME. but the Billow V2 and Bellus RTAs i literally ripped to shreds. You should try the silverplay nano with the acrylic bell cap but not the glass tank.

Flavor is just aa good. Tighten chimney in thr bell cap snd you can pull tge build, bottom fill without a tool. And holds 1/2 ml more juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread