Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Jim G a vaping friend has been rocking a Kayfun Light plus with the short chimney and glass tank. He broke the glass and decided to get a bell cap for his Kayfun Lite Plus.

I was over there rocking my Goblin Mini and we decided to compare them apples to apples including using the same ejuice on the same mod at the same wattage.

The Kayfun Lite Plus with PolyCarbonate bell cap is very close in flavor and cures several Goblin Mini issues and introduced a few new ones.

Cured issues.

1. No more claustrophobic deck has more room for 1 coil than the GM gives you for two coils. Much taller so you could easily go chimney build.

2. The ability to use standard drip tips without needing to use an adapter.

3. I think the Bellcap holds more ejuice. I wish he had filled it with a syringe but did not think of it. The PolyCarbonate feels thinner than most glass tanks and the space for juice is 4 mm taller. I would guess the Bell cap holds 4-5 ml instead of 3.

4. The screw in the bottom for refilling the Kayfun is recessed so you do not have juice running down the air flow channels and out the drip tip

5. No pendulum airflow adjustment to knock off and lose.

Now as nice as this is it introduced three other problems.

1. Lung hitters need not apply. Unless you completely remove the screw for airflow on the Kayfun. MTL VAPERS here is your RBA.

2. No post screws in the RBA. You have to trap the coils under the screw heads.

3. The short chimney is about 1.5 mm too short. If you have the o ring too far down it will leak around the short chimney and the normal chimney is a few mm to long to fit in the Bell cap. It may be possible to get the short chimney against the Bell cap but Jim did not want to strip the threads

The flavor of the two tanks are almost identical. And look very similar except no metal top cap. Jim and I agreed to disagree on which was better. You can't have everything.
If I had to declare a winner I might say the Goblin Mini may be 1-2% better. They are THAT close.

I may consider this route when my Goblin. Mini fails but the no post holes on the Kayfun Lite Plus deck MAY be an issue for me because of limited mobility of my left hand because of Dupodrens contracture in some of the fingers of my left hand.

Wanted to bring this to your attention.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

BluesPower

Feb 15, 2015
South Central PA
I'm a BIG fan of my Kayfuns although I have to admit I have a Goblin Mini on order. I noticed the same problem you mentioned (#3) about the chimney and resolved it by going to the taller chimney. This only works if your drip tip has a large enough bore to accept the chimney OR if you are willing to modify your existing drip tip (drilling) to allow clearance. This arrangement greatly reduces the little bit of "pooling" I used to get under the drip tip.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm a BIG fan of my Kayfuns although I have to admit I have a Goblin Mini on order. I noticed the same problem you mentioned (#3) about the chimney and resolved it by going to the taller chimney. This only works if your drip tip has a large enough bore to accept the chimney OR if you are willing to modify your existing drip tip (drilling) to allow clearance. This arrangement greatly reduces the little bit of "pooling" I used to get under the drip tip.

Thanks very much for the tip. Will pass it along to Jim

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Jim G a vaping friend has been rocking a Kayfun Light plus with the short chimney and glass tank. He broke the glass and decided to get a bell cap for his Kayfun Lite Plus.

I was over there rocking my Goblin Mini and we decided to compare them apples to apples including using the same ejuice on the same mod at the same wattage.

The Kayfun Lite Plus with PolyCarbonate bell cap is very close in flavor and cures several Goblin Mini issues and introduced a few new ones.

Cured issues.

1. No more claustrophobic deck has more room for 1 coil than the GM gives you for two coils. Much taller so you could easily go chimney build.

2. The ability to use standard drip tips without needing to use an adapter.

3. I think the Bellcap holds more ejuice. I wish he had filled it with a syringe but did not think of it. The PolyCarbonate feels thinner than most glass tanks and the space for juice is 4 mm taller. I would guess the Bell cap holds 4-5 ml instead of 3.

4. The screw in the bottom for refilling the Kayfun is recessed so you do not have juice running down the air flow channels and out the drip tip

5. No pendulum airflow adjustment to knock off and lose.

Now as nice as this is it introduced three other problems.

1. Lung hitters need not apply. Unless you completely remove the screw for airflow on the Kayfun. MTL VAPERS here is your RBA.

2. No post screws in the RBA. You have to trap the coils under the screw heads.

3. The short chimney is about 1.5 mm too short. If you have the o ring too far down it will leak around the short chimney and the normal chimney is a few mm to long to fit in the Bell cap. It may be possible to get the short chimney against the Bell cap but Jim did not want to strip the threads

The flavor of the two tanks are almost identical. And look very similar except no metal top cap. Jim and I agreed to disagree on which was better. You can't have everything.
If I had to declare a winner I might say the Goblin Mini may be 1-2% better. They are THAT close.

I may consider this route when my Goblin. Mini fails but the no post holes on the Kayfun Lite Plus deck MAY be an issue for me because of limited mobility of my left hand because of Dupodrens contracture in some of the fingers of my left hand.

Wanted to bring this to your attention.
To solve #3, you can try putting a 1.5mm oring between the top and bottom chimney sections. Something like a 13 x 10 x 1.5 would work

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
These are all I use on my Kayfuns ... I bought 12 spares, just to have the extra drip tips.

$4.89 Kayfun Bell Cap Kit w/ 510 Drip Tip - acrylic + stainless steel / Kaufun logo at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This is my perfect vape setup :vapor:
ProvariBellcap.jpg

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
These are all I use on my Kayfuns ... I bought 12 spares, just to have the extra drip tips.

$4.89 Kayfun Bell Cap Kit w/ 510 Drip Tip - acrylic + stainless steel / Kaufun logo at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This is my perfect vape setup :vapor:
View attachment 485183

SWEET.

where did you get them at that price? I will have to tell Jim. I think he paid $ on eBay with shipping.

The little Bell cap surprised me that the flavor was sooo close to my Goblin Mini.

If UD made a plug to block off one side of the Goblin V2 I would grab one in a second and put a bell cap on the Goblin V2

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have 5 Kayfuns now and plan on ordering 2 more. At 71 that should get to forever.

I just dont know if I would be able to build on a Kayfun just because there are no post holes to trap the leads. The middle, ring and little fingers are curled up against the palm from Dupodrens Contracture. I dont see my left thumb and index fingers being able to effectively trap the leads under the heads of itty bitty screw heads.

Is there something like a Kayfun with a single coil build but has post holes that would make it easier to build for a guy with 1 1 1/2 hands?

Skitterpop

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
Is there something like a Kayfun with a single coil build but has post holes that would make it easier to build for a guy with 1 1 1/2 hands?

The Kayfun 3.1 has post holes. I have never used one all mine are lite plus V2's. I am sure that there are folks on here that will have experience with the 3.1 and could comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread