Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I recently bought the xtar VP1 on a whim even though my Pila worked fine. I've been using the VP1 since I received it and today noticed that the springs I compress when inserting the batteries into the charger are so powerful that they have inflicted a substantial indentation in the bottom of most of my AW batteries. I don't like that at all. Charger worked fine otherwise but didn't do anything my Pila wouldn't do more gently.

yolo_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Strawberry Fields
I recently bought the Xtar VP1 on a whim even though my Pila worked fine. I've been using the VP1 since I received it and today noticed that the springs I compress when inserting the batteries into the charger are so powerful that they have inflicted a substantial indentation in the bottom of most of my AW batteries. I don't like that at all. Charger worked fine otherwise but didn't do anything my Pila wouldn't do more gently.

did you use a credit card or something so the 18650s would slide in easy? That is what i do and haven't had any problems. ymmv

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I just picked up a Pila on the classy's for $35. It will be my 4th. I keep two set up at home one for 18650 and one for 18490 & 14500. I bring another to work.

Now I can have one set for my 18350's at home. I have been using a Xtar for 18350. The Pila is so much quicker and charges to a good voltage.

It is all I really want.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I just picked up a Pila on the classy's for $35. It will be my 4th. I keep two set up at home one for 18650 and one for 18490 & 14500. I bring another to work.

Now I can have one set for my 18350's at home. I have been using a Xtar for 18350. The Pila is so much quicker and charges to a good voltage.

It is all I really want.

LOL Glad to hear you got it. I was next in line. Also saw it. I have the xtar and wanted to get a pila. I will keep my eye out in the classy's some more. They come up every now and then.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
LOL Glad to hear you got it. I was next in line. Also saw it. I have the xtar and wanted to get a pila. I will keep my eye out in the classy's some more. They come up every now and then.

I'm sorry! I keep watching for them. With a son and daughter that vape I like to have enough stuff on hand that I can fix them up quick if needed. I gave my daughter a Pila I got used so she should be good for awhile.

I have gone through so many of the other kinds I am hooked on Pila!

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I'm sorry! I keep watching for them. With a son and daughter that vape I like to have enough stuff on hand that I can fix them up quick if needed. I gave my daughter a Pila I got used so she should be good for awhile.

I have gone through so many of the other kinds I am hooked on Pila!

Oh Karen that is fine. I am just happy to know it went to someone I know. My Xtar is working fine I just happened to see this one and would like to get a pila esp to have one for a back up. Don't know what I would do if something happened to my charger with no back up! Would probably have to drive to radio shack to pay top dollar for a junk one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread