Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Ok, so Reo and me are getting used to each other. Going on my 5th day of having it and I'm starting to figure out there is a rhythm to vaping on it. Strange as that might sound. I'm running a 1.4ohm micro with cotton. Been having some problems with the cotton burning so I've re-wicked about 3 times so far.

Since a little time has passed though, I've learned a few things. Squonk before I start vaping, to be sure. But just how much, and how often, eluded me. Usually 2 or 3 vapes and then I'm good for awhile. Squonk before next round. Keep that cotton nice and wet. I can tell by the draw, immediately, if there's not enough juice there. Before I burn the cotton.

Now I've got a routine, and it's serving me well. Great vapes, one after another! Each as good as the very first. When I squonk I press long and slow. Release slow as well, want to leave that juice up in the atty.

I had done a tiny bit of dripping before getting my Reo. And by tiny I mean no more than 10 vapes :) But I knew that's what I wanted, without the hassle. Now I've got what I wanted, am learning how to best use it, and life is good :vapor: (and no more burnt cotton in a while!)

Sure am happy here in Reoville!

Edit: And as soon as I posted the above I realized I had flooded my atty and juice was everywhere :) Life has a way of keeping us on our toes. And if you ain't making mistakes, you ain't learning!

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I'm starting to figure out there is a rhythm to vaping on it. Strange as that might sound.

This is exactly it...though it is hard to explain. I have told some to count their "good" vapes in the beginning. In no time, they should have an idea of how many they can go before they need to squonk. The really hard part is getting around the preference deal. We all vape differently...different juices, different draw style, different drip tips (yes, they do make a difference), different wick, different coils...so it's really hard to gauge how many vapes before you squonk for anyone besides yourself. I counted them for an hour or so...and withiin a day or two, it became second nature to me. Now I hardly ever get a dry burn. Glad you're giving it a go and getting the hang of it. :thumbs:

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
This is exactly it...though it is hard to explain. I have told some to count their "good" vapes in the beginning. In no time, they should have an idea of how many they can go before they need to squonk. The really hard part is getting around the preference deal. We all vape differently...different juices, different draw style, different drip tips (yes, they do make a difference), different wick, different coils...so it's really hard to gauge how many vapes before you squonk for anyone besides yourself. I counted them for an hour or so...and withiin a day or two, it became second nature to me. Now I hardly ever get a dry burn. Glad you're giving it a go and getting the hang of it. :thumbs:

It was a big Aha! moment once I realized what being in the groove was like. And you're right. So many variables from vaper to vaper. But for those that are new like me, realizing that there really is a groove that is just between you and your Reo, to give you the best vape you can get, is huge.

This really is my first mech mod experience. I have a good Neme clone. But I put a Kick 2 in the thing so I didn't have to be as concerned about ohms, etc, to get the power that I wanted. Now I know what res coil I want, what size, how much cotton, and when to squonk. Nothing but my ability gives me the good, or the bad. My vape is much more dependent now on how I set it up. But with that comes the freedom to get just what I want. Good times, indeed!

So for those just joining Reoville, just like me, look for that rhythm. Once you find it, it's sweeeeeeet!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Nice post Fleet. Just another suggestion here that might help you. Turn your Reo 180 degrees so the air hole is pointing down. Take a draw on it without firing. IF you hear a slight gurgle sound that means the juice in your atty is up to the air hole and theres no need to squonk. THere is plenty of juice in there. If you don't hear a gurgle squeeze the bottle while drawing on the drip tip, but not firing, until you hear the gurgle then vape away. This works well for me. This is called blind squonking. I can pick up the Reo after its been sitting and I'll know whether to squonk or not if I use this method. I don't use this method all the time but if there's a question in my mind whether to squonk or not, I do this. This works for some Reonauts but like everything in Reoville everyone finds their own method.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Nice post Fleet. Just another suggestion here that might help you. Turn your Reo 180 degrees so the air hole is pointing down. Take a draw on it without firing. IF you hear a slight gurgle sound that means the juice in your atty is up to the air hole and theres no need to squonk. THere is plenty of juice in there. If you don't hear a gurgle squeeze the bottle while drawing on the drip tip, but not firing, until you hear the gurgle then vape away. This works well for me. This is called blind squonking. I can pick up the Reo after its been sitting and I'll know whether to squonk or not if I use this method. I don't use this method all the time but if there's a question in my mind whether to squonk or not, I do this. This works for some Reonauts but like everything in Reoville everyone finds their own method.
When I first got my reo i was having trouble squonking. Itrainers tip on blind squonking helped me SO much. Other have said when the bottle is full, press it for 3 seconds, when it's half or less full hold for 4-5s. That also has served me very well. I don't flood any more :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
When I first got my reo i was having trouble squonking. Itrainers tip on blind squonking helped me SO much. Other have said when the bottle is full, press it for 3 seconds, when it's half or less full hold for 4-5s. That also has served me very well. I don't flood any more :)

He didn't become the lieutenant on his good looks alone. :)

He is an OG REOnaut and his tips are spot on.

Thanks LT :)

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
He didn't become the lieutenant on his good looks alone. :)

He is an OG REOnaut and his tips are spot on.

Thanks LT :)
Hot damn Beechers got her knockers up. I didn't know I got a promotion to lieutenant. I'll take it. I do wish though that I had gotten it on my boyish good looks rather than on some merit or valuable substance. Seems to me in this world often image is more important than substance. Guess I'm just an old fashioned gizzer and those boyish goods looks have faded like an ektachrome slide from the 70s. But I'll take what I can get my good bro. Thanks for the promotion. :p

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Last week, I was in a rush to get to work and forgot my trusty Reo at home. Thankfully, I had an emergency setup at my desk - an iTaste MVP (regulated box device) and clearo tank; not nearly the same vape, but does it's job as an "uh, oh" backup.

I spent the entire day reflexively trying to squonk the MVP :facepalm:

You're spot on about the rhythm method (simmer down, people).

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Last week, I was in a rush to get to work and forgot my trusty Reo at home. Thankfully, I had an emergency setup at my desk - an iTaste MVP (regulated box device) and clearo tank; not nearly the same vape, but does it's job as an "uh, oh" backup.

I spent the entire day reflexively trying to squonk the MVP :facepalm:

You're spot on about the rhythm method (simmer down, people).

LOL!!!:D
I can see it now: "FOR SALE -- MVP2....like new, except for one large dent on lower-left front....."!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread