Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I sure burn a goodly number of my cotton wicks off in the coil. Never any doubt about it when I've done it--the taste is obvious.
No mystery about why it happens either--always when I'm below a half-bottle in my Grand at the end of the work-day and I get lazy with my squonking. I used to get away with it when I vaped at 1.2 to 1.5 ohms. Now that I'm down around 1 ohm, the coil is very unforgiving with a dry cotton wick. Oops.
Gotta get my mind right about this and squonk with a 3-count instead of just a nudge.:)

Evilocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Washington DC
Yeah, I gotta squeeze hard by the end of the work day, and I follow SxD's advice and look for the glisten of juice in the airhole when I get low.

I'm currently questioning folks about readyxwick in another thread, it's supposed to be pretty tough and unburnable (although a dry hit probably still tastes horrible) but, as long as I'm not blowing through cotton like crazy, I'm happy.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Heh - yep, I find my burnt hit to wet hit ratio goes way up once the bottle is below half full. I don't even trust myself with the last 2 ml of juice in a grand - time to refill.

The RxW I'm trying out does, indeed, cure the nastiness and fights through the ordeal like Superman in a bb-gun fight.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Yeah, I gotta squeeze hard by the end of the work day, and I follow SxD's advice and look for the glisten of juice in the airhole when I get low.

I'm currently questioning folks about readyxwick in another thread, it's supposed to be pretty tough and unburnable (although a dry hit probably still tastes horrible) but, as long as I'm not blowing through cotton like crazy, I'm happy.

It is not like cotton so you can tell when the vape is tapering off before you get that dry hit. Unless the coil/RxW is really nasty and in need of a cleaning the dry hit will not be nearly as bad as cotton.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Let's be honest here - i realise you can get a good vape from cotton / cellucotton / rayon / Koh Gen Do and all the rest. But one dry hit and it's game over.

I don't have time and patience to be changing wicks daily, so i need something that can withstand a bit of Trunker brutality and make it to the weekend. No dry hits are fun, but some are survivable!

T

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
I've tried all the different wicks too on my RM2 and Cyclone. They all work fine but for some reason i keep going back to a 4 wrap 28 ga kanthal ugly wrap with silica wick. Easy, plenty of vapor and flavor. No worries!

Nothing wrong with ugly spaced coils. The mod master himself swears by them.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Next time you feel an urge to grab another atty... The RM3 having a little different deck might peak your interest. The shape tends to lend itself to a little juice staying on the deck. Wicks stay wet a little longer. Flavor is pretty equal to the RM2. I have the dual coil version, but I think the deck is the same on both the single and the dual.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I use to but with cellucotton It doesn't happen as often and I have no idea why. Maybe I just squonking better.:unsure:

Me too. I bought the cellucotton a couple weeks ago and didn't really think it would be much better than cotton. But I'm getting much less nasty hits and when I do, it's not really done done. I like it. Bushmaster, if you want to try some, I have like a 10 lifetime supply. Be happy to send you some, just PM me your addy.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Try the 2mm ReadyxWick if you hate it I'll buy the rest from you. The key to getting it in is to think of the coil like a nut and wick like bolt. turn the wick so the coil wraps pull it through. If your turn the wrong way the coil wraps will try to push it back at you.

Beast, if he doesn't like the ReadyX, I'll go halvs with you!! LOL

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I use to but with cellucotton It doesn't happen as often and I have no idea why. Maybe I just squonking better.:unsure:

Me too. I bought the cellucotton a couple weeks ago and didn't really think it would be much better than cotton. But I'm getting much less nasty hits and when I do, it's not really done done. I like it. Bushmaster, if you want to try some, I have like a 10 lifetime supply. Be happy to send you some, just PM me your addy.

That's probably because CC wicks way faster than organic cotton, KDG, SnC/PnC, etc. Organic cotton is the slowest.

Because of my l-o-n-g lung hits wicking speed has always mattered... OC and cotton yarns just didn't get it done for me in any PV. KGD was better, CC the fastest but my hits also "melt" it eventually (even in the Reo's). Since I don't like/want "rope" or mesh wicks I'm back on the KGD for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread