Going Out Of Business Super-T Storewide Sale! Save up to 50%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
The Panasonic CGR18650 is quite a bit longer than "normal" -- uh, I can't say I really know what "normal" is, because variance in battery length is a given. So, 65mm is something of a nominal length. That Panasonic, protected, is almost 70mm. Any of the protected batteries will be a little longer than spec. I think Panasonic is the worst offender in this regard, but I don't have any protected AWs here to check.
Good grief, if it won't fit in the WorkHorse they have no right to call it an 18650 at all.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
18650= 18mm diameter + 65.0mm length.
If it's longer than 65 mm it's not an 18650.

Somewhere inside the wrapper, within whatever else the wrapping/labeling company adds to it, it's likely very close to a 65mm cell.

I think I'm going to try the Samsung INR18650 25R available from xtar Direct. I'lll wait a few days to order, as I just paid off the CC completely, and I want to savor that zero balance for at least a few days. :)

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
tbh i found flat top batteries to be problematic in pretty much every super t device i own. if you drop it the screw on the bottom contact erodes contacts on the battery and it is impossible to maintain a proper contact. another problem is that sometimes it is easy to compress the flat top, which leads to a finicky battery.
it is nice the telescopic feature is so functional. i remember being very stoked to use my pieces but never had the proper battery length.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey David. Ive been trying to get ahold of you via email and through your site. If you can get back to me I'd appreciate it. I know your pretty busy but i have some questions. Ive got a long trip for work coming up and would like to know before i go.

I think I answered your email, did you get it?

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
Hi David, I purchased a Brass WorkHorse tube, and for some reason with my excitement a Brass button for the workhorse. Well I know now it does not fit, my fault. But if you have any extra SS Precise WorkHorse top caps and buttons I would be interested.
And the 4 sided Precise WorkHorse is a Beauty, Thanks

Sent from that G-Note Edge

Last edited:

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Another bit of Super T history, the Super-6. This was our second mod, I think released later in 2009 or early 2010. Note the Vent holes, Super-T was the first company to incorporate vent holes onto a mod starting with the Super T1 mod:

1114091347.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Oh my gosh, what a trip down memory lane! Isn't the Super-6 the one that Sailbo copied as the DSE-905, like, within a month of the 6 being released ? - except they forgot the vent holes? Very sad to see you leave the e-cig side of business, Dave, but a door opens for every one that closes. Best wishes and thanks for putting your heart into this industry and for inventing the drip-tip. You'll be missed and not easily replaced but you can leave knowing you have earned your rightful place in vaping history. GodSpeed and hugs for your Mom. :)

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Ordered the precise 10440 (polished) the other day. I could not resist. I decided to buy the 306 Grail to compliment it. I have not used 306 cisco spec atomizers in a long time. Not sure this will be my last purchase from super-t yet? I have the 18500 workhorse but still on the fence about the workhorse tele. I have the ELA v1 and v2 plus a lot of parts for them. Not sure if I need another telescopic mod.

quendelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
Clovis, CA
Wasn't even in the market but now that 14500 seed is planted in my head and it's vaporday over at the GP site, hmmmm. Resistance is futile :)

For what it's worth superT here's my 2cents and experience; note I haven't read all the thread or background.

Why doesn't superT have more of my money? Well I've got a workhorse but even that's not what I really wanted. Though a great addition to the line up and puts a superT in the hands of a piece of the market that probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, I was really looking for SuperT to go the other way. GP/Glas/Skelton key etc competition. US manufacturers aren't going to beat the subsidised china manufacturers that get free global shipping, poverty labor, low grade materials, and sloppy worksmanship at their price game, but you all provide what I'm looking for. Higher quality made in 'merica. I didn't want another telescopic so the ELA was really out for me. I love my papsX, would like a not so flashy, super high quality SuperT. Literally every single time I've looked I could not find a 18650 precision or precision+ available. The nicer finishes (that grooved one) or the titanium limited additions. I love the "not too flashy" styling, high end materials including the contacts and reliable durable quality. When I got into vaping I thought 100 bux sounded like a lot to spend, but after transitioning it's not a tough pill to swallow. After realizing the savings, and the fact I've got an APV with me 24/7, several hundie (including tanks and such) becomes very palatable IMO. Hate to see you all leaving the market, I always kept my eye on your line up trying to find the right fit as I am all about what I think SuperT manufacturing is. Tough, non flashy, all performance, made in the USA, I wanted a high end 18650 and 18350 (with lock rings) and have no problem with it being priced in such a way as your business is profitable. I'd say revamp and improve on the precision+'s, get some 20x1 threading out there, high end finishes and occasional titaniums, etc... Put out some mods in the 2-3 hundred category. Maybe some box mech mods and some hybrids too. When your loaded do a regulated for giggles.

Don't work for free fo sho, gots to put coin in the pocket. Good luck in our other area's of business.

Best 14500 mod ever made!

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Can anyone recommend an RDA that fits flush on the simplicity 14500? I have a kayfun mini which is almost flush but it is very very long all together.

I had the same problem with the spheroid and the simplicity 14500. Too long! I think a good RDA for the the 14500 is the Reactor RDA by Mad Modz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread