Going through 50+ ml of juice per day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusJ1085

May 19, 2018
Elkhart, IN
I have been trying desperately to find a mod that will run Valerian coils/tank and will last all day. I would also like to find a tank that could hold a very very large amount of e-liquid. As you can see from the title I go through 50 sometimes 70 mL of e-juice per day. I would love to find a model that runs directly from a wall outlet rather than batteries. I work around 14 hours per day six days a week as a truck driver and changing batteries and filling tanks multiple times throughout the day is not the safest. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I just don’t want to smoke another analog cigarette again, and hope someday I will be able to give up the new habit of vaping also.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
  • Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I don't know anything about Valerian as a brand so I can't really help you there, but it sounds like you need to use higher nicotine on a lower wattage setup. I know MTL (mouth to lung) may not be for everybody, but it's what I do. I'm an absolute fiend when it comes to nicotine and I use 3-4 mL of liquid a day. I'm currently vaping 36 mg at 10 watts.

MarkusJ1085

May 19, 2018
Elkhart, IN
Is the tank/coil affecting the amount of juice used? I can understand that a 0.14 coil at 100 watts would discharge batteries quickly too. If a went for a tank or coil at a higher resistance it would require a wattage drop (if I assume that correctly),would my batteries would last longer and also use less juice?

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Is the tank/coil affecting the amount of juice used? I can understand that a 0.14 coil at 100 watts would discharge batteries quickly too. If a went for a tank or coil at a higher resistance it would require a wattage drop (if I assume that correctly),would my batteries would last longer and also use less juice?

Most mods today seem to be regulated on watts, so if you use a higher resistance coil the mod will up the voltage to get the same power output. If it's regulated on volts, then higher resistance will give you less watts. Batteries unfortunately aren't linear devices, but 100 watts is 100 watts so you can expect the battery to last about the same amount of time regardless of coil resistance, if you're vaping at 100 watts.

There are factors of the coil construction that are in play, but if you're using the same coil it won't get as hot at lower watts, so you won't produce as much vapor, which will slow down how fast you're consuming juice. Since you're inhaling less vapor you'll want to have stronger nicotine juice to get the same effect. I use a tighter airflow to keep the vapor thick at lower wattage.

I gets more complicated than the way I've explained it here but that's the basic trade-off.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Increasing the nicotine concentration would be the easiest route to take. Problem there is that few storefronts sell anything higher than 6mg/ml, so you might end up either ordering some nic base and strengthening your current juice of the day or finding an online vendor who sells 9, 12, 24, etc. There are some left.

Increase the strength enough and you absolutely will reduce consumption. The throat hit on non-salt liquid will make you once you get to your sweet spot.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

Yes,
higher resistance = usually lower wattage (typically higher resistance is smaller gauge wire needing less wattage)
lower wattage = longer battery life,
less vapor = less juice used (why you would need to use a higher nicotine strength liquid to get your nic fix)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have been trying desperately to find a mod that will run Valerian coils/tank and will last all day. I would also like to find a tank that could hold a very very large amount of e-liquid. As you can see from the title I go through 50 sometimes 70 mL of e-juice per day. I would love to find a model that runs directly from a wall outlet rather than batteries. I work around 14 hours per day six days a week as a truck driver and changing batteries and filling tanks multiple times throughout the day is not the safest. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I just don’t want to smoke another analog cigarette again, and hope someday I will be able to give up the new habit of vaping also.
What mod are you using. Single battery, dual battery? More?

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Since they only make one(1) ohm for this tank you may want to consider another tank instead of a new mod. Most tanks have more than one(1) option of ohm available.
Have you looked at the Uwell Original Crown tank? It only holds 4ml but it offers both types of coils for mtl and dl vapers. Maybe as others suggested a higher ohm will also slow down the consumption.
You can also pick up an rba coil if you are into building your own coils.
The Uwell Original Crown tank is very highly regarded here at ecf. Lots of people are very happy with them.

Just a thought.

MarkusJ1085

May 19, 2018
Elkhart, IN
What mod are you using. Single battery, dual battery? More?

I have a Tesla punk 220W (2x 18650), wisemec rx200 (2x21700), and recently got the iJoy maxo (4x 18650). I’m using Samsung 18650’s 2500mah in the maxo and killed them in about six hours. The rx200 lasts about 4 hours, and the Tesla lasts a little over 2.5 hrs.

I’d love a mod that plugs into a household outlet, like one that didn’t even have batteries and could run 100 Watts.

I must be a total chain vaper while driving my truck. I was bad off with the analog cigs, close to two packs a day. I must say though, I’m feeling so much better overall as a chain vaper vs. a chain smoker...

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Steel 30mm ORIGINAL | eBay

This link will take you to Ebay. Steam Crave sells an RDTA with a 20ml expansion kit for @ $50. I have seen bigger tanks but can't seem to remember where. If I come across a bigger one I will post it for you.
Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Steel 30mm ORIGINAL | eBay

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have a Tesla punk 220W (2x 18650), wisemec rx200 (2x21700), and recently got the iJoy maxo (4x 18650). I’m using Samsung 18650’s 2500mah in the maxo and killed them in about six hours. The rx200 lasts about 4 hours, and the Tesla lasts a little over 2.5 hrs.

I’d love a mod that plugs into a household outlet, like one that didn’t even have batteries and could run 100 Watts.

I must be a total chain vaper while driving my truck. I was bad off with the analog cigs, close to two packs a day. I must say though, I’m feeling so much better overall as a chain vaper vs. a chain smoker...
Ok. I was just reading the specs on the wisemec rx200 and it has passthrough charging. What this means is you can still vape on it while charging the batteries using the usb port.

In a vehicle you can purchase usb charging units that plug into a cigarette lighter or purchase an outlet strip(from a truck stop) that plugs into the usb cigarette lighter that allows you to charge things that way. (will see if I can find a link for you)

I do a lot of traveling and I purchased an outlet strip several years ago and its still working fine. I plug a charger into the strip and can charge my batteries while I drive by using a regular charger that I would normally plug into a wall outlet. I consider this a bit safer than keeping the batteries in the mod itself and charging usb while vaping it.

Let me try to find a link for you.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Ok. I was just reading the specs on the wisemec rx200 and it has passthrough charging. What this means is you can still vape on it while charging the batteries using the usb port.

In a vehicle you can purchase usb charging units that plug into a cigarette lighter or purchase an outlet strip(from a truck stop) that plugs into the usb cigarette lighter that allows you to charge things that way. (will see if I can find a link for you)

I do a lot of traveling and I purchased an outlet strip several years ago and its still working fine. I plug a charger into the strip and can charge my batteries while I drive by using a regular charger that I would normally plug into a wall outlet. I consider this a bit safer than keeping the batteries in the mod itself and charging usb while vaping it.

Let me try to find a link for you.

Called a power inverter. Her is a link for wamart.com they are @ $10

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Everstar...5035&wl11=online&wl12=109463375&wl13=&veh=sem

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
@suprtrkr how's the battery life with the TAC21?
Right next door to amazing, actually. I run it in rotation with a Double Barrel, and vape it in the evenings at home. I usually run through 25-30ml of juice at 20-30 watts before needing a battery change. Actually, both the Squid mods get excellent battery life. I'm pushing 20-25 ml through Blitzen (coiled dual) on a Double Barrel at home and about the same on my work mod which carries a Serpent SMM (single coil) on a single charge, and they load 18650's. It's rare to need to swap batteries more than every other week. The T21 does better of course as it loads 21-20700s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread