Goliath V2 vs Zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancass

Jan 13, 2015
toronto
I'm looking to purchase a new tank and i'm torn between the two and not sure which one to purchase. I'm looking for a tank with a lot of airflow and best flavour using the rba head. i currently own lemo drop, subtank mini, lemo 2 and ctuhulu and i find myself using the lemo 2 the most. I want a tank with more airflow then the tanks i own and better flavour.

Which tank would you recommend? I'm leaning more towards the zephyrus because i heard it has tons of airflow with the 4 3mm airhores compare to the goliath 2 3mm airholes, plus the rba seems pretty easy to build on. how does the goliath v2 compare?

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thanks for the info guys and i've watched many videos on both tanks and agree the wicking would be more of a challenge with the zephyrus. I guess many people dont have the goliath v2 yet so it would be difficult to compare the two, i was just wondering how the airflow and flavour would compare.

Airflow is easy to compare. The Zephyrus has twice as much.

Flavor is entirely subjective. Generally speaking the more airflow you have the less flavor you get, although that's not a hard and fast rule. For example, my Freemax Starre has a huge amount of airflow compared to my Subtank Mini, but the Starre also has a lot better flavor than the Subtank. But generally speaking, the "flavor chaser" tanks are ones designed around limited airflow like the Kayfuns, not subohming.

I've found this article to be quite helpful. They keep it updated regularly so it's always good to check back every now and then and see what's new. It doesn't have any obvious ratings (Which IMO is a good thing) but it does give you the good and bad about each subohm tank and they cover pretty much everything that's out there right now.

There is something to note though. They don't update the old information, so if a tank had the best flavor 6 months ago (Kanger Subtank Mini) it will still say it has the best flavor even though there may be several other tanks (Herakles, Starre, Crown) that the description specifically says it has better flavor now. Unfortunately it doesn't include a few tanks that are sold specifically as RTAs such as the Billow, Goblin, and Goliath.

Best Sub Ohm Tanks and Clearomizers of 2015 Compared

Last edited:

Tydaddy

Dec 14, 2014
WV
I have both the zeph and Goliath v2 and I would pick the Goliath every time. Airflow on the zeph is only slightly better (almost non-noticeable), not twice the airflow as suggested in an earlier post. Flavor isn't even a contest. The Goliath is leaps and bounds ahead of the zephyrus. Wicking on the Goliath is much easier. You have a little more room for error. All-in-all I do like the zephyrus, but it's not on the same level as the Goliath.

Edit: When using the rba section of the Goliath v2, I get better airflow compared to when the prebuilt rocc coils are installed. Even better than the airflow of the zephyrus in rba mode.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Airflow is easy to compare. The Zephyrus has twice as much.

Flavor is entirely subjective. Generally speaking the more airflow you have the less flavor you get, although that's not a hard and fast rule. For example, my Freemax Starre has a huge amount of airflow compared to my Subtank Mini, but the Starre also has a lot better flavor than the Subtank. But generally speaking, the "flavor chaser" tanks are ones designed around limited airflow like the Kayfuns, not subohming.

I've found this article to be quite helpful. They keep it updated regularly so it's always good to check back every now and then and see what's new. It doesn't have any obvious ratings (Which IMO is a good thing) but it does give you the good and bad about each subohm tank and they cover pretty much everything that's out there right now.

There is something to note though. They don't update the old information, so if a tank had the best flavor 6 months ago (Kanger Subtank Mini) it will still say it has the best flavor even though there may be several other tanks (Herakles, Starre, Crown) that the description specifically says it has better flavor now. Unfortunately it doesn't include a few tanks that are sold specifically as RTAs such as the Billow, Goblin, and Goliath.

Best Sub Ohm Tanks and Clearomizers of 2015 Compared

Misconseption!
Increased air flow is not the culprit in flavor loss.
Poor/incorrect wicking and or incorrect Air direction over the coil are major contributing factors.

Has no one ever wondered just why High air flow tanks or bottom air RDA's produce better flavor?
Simple, the air is being more efficiently directed across the coil by design and not relying on a properly mounted coil.

Any air that enters the chamber and exits without passing over the coil is wasted with little to no benefit and only acts to diminish flavor.

Tydaddy

Dec 14, 2014
WV
Any leakage issues with either model, Tidaddy?

I always notice a little juice on the bottom of the base with the zephyrus. With the Goliath v2, I've found it to be pretty much leak free.

I haven't used the zephyrus since I got the v2. It's just that much superior in every category. It performs better in rta mode and sub ohm clearo mode. But IMO, rta mode is where the Goliath really shines. The build deck is slightly wider than the v1, so 3mm coils fit easily w/o restricting the airflow. Only thing better about the zephyrus is the easy top-fill.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I am on the fence about the zephyrus and the goliath v2. I know I can't go wrong with both. I haven't had a dual coil rta since the orchid v2.

I like both but it seems like the zephyrus has more airflow with 2 holes in the rba vs 1. Any feedback on that? I know someone said they get more airflow on the goliath v2 rba than the zephyrus rba. Why is that if the zephyrus has 2 air holes? I know the zephyrus air holes are 3mm, so there are 4X 3mm air holes in the base. What size are thr goliath v2 air holes in the deck?

Anyways would love to know the difference between the two and why you would choose one over the other

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread