gonna get a knight rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
After over a year, one of my Riva 510 batteries died and I can assume the other one is on it's way out. Kinda glad because now I have an excuse to try more voltage. I'm going to get a knight rider so I can find my own personal sweet spot. (when the shopping cart comes back)

Want to make sure I get everything I need.

If I get the knight rider, a few 2.5ohm I06's, a stainless steel rippled drip tip, and ...

a battery. Do I get the AW IMR 18650 1600mah or just the IMR 18650? How long do these batteries last? Can I just get one and charge overnight?

I guess I have to get an ultrafire WF-188 charger, too?

I don't want my pacakage to arrive and realize I've forgotten something...

thanks!

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Has anyone confirmed if the 2000mah AW IMR 18650 batteries fit in the Lavatube? Figure the extra 400mah might be slightly beneficial if they do fit seeing as it's a single battery mod. Pyro I would suggest a Pila charger. They're a little more expensive but I personally feel you get what you pay for when it comes to chargers.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Has anyone confirmed if the 2000mah AW IMR 18650 batteries fit in the Lavatube? Figure the extra 400mah might be slightly beneficial if they do fit seeing as it's a single battery mod. Pyro I would suggest a Pila charger. They're a little more expensive but I personally feel you get what you pay for when it comes to chargers.
Yes it does :) It is the AW Li Ion that don't fit (too long) they come in at 68mm with the protection circuit. The LI Ion will fit with a 1.5mm o-ring on the bottom cap to fill the gap

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sorry, Ike. I couldn't wait. I got a Knight Rider from SC. It came today, with a couple 2.5ohm io6's and a handful of carts that I guess will be good as backups.

Anywho, the product is as described, but I'm a little underwhelmed. It works just fine, but I thought I would crank it up to about 5volts and experience some sort of vaping nirvana and be at peace with the world.

I'm using some 24mg Ikenvape tobacco in it and if I turn it up above about 4.5v I get the same burnt metal taste I got with a 1.5 on my Riva battery (~4volts). Does the atty just need a little breaking in?

Or have I hit some personal Watt limit where anything more just tastes bad to me?

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to have a new toy and I do like it. It instantly felt good in my hand and I'm enjoying playing with the different voltages, but I was somehow expecting a new level of vaping - and it's basically the same...

I'm going to wait and buy a stainless steel rippled drip tip from you, Ike. I appreciate your letting us know where to go to get our fixin's while you're working things out. Your friend is providing excellent service and it was great of you to help him and us out. Much appreciated!

edit: maybe this is the world's way of telling you to become a wholesaler! Quit worrying about all the little things and just sell patented perfection in bulk. Why not? Think big, buddy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread