Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Personally, I feel you need to spend just over $20 to get a quality cartotank. Going cheaper is like anything else, you often get only what you pay for. I provide a couple of suggestions for inexpensive tanks.

My Vapor Store Polypropylyne DCT Tank $8.50 gets you the tube and steel endcaps. You can choose which cartomizer and drip tip to go with it as you choose. Should you rather get a complete tank kit PolyPropylene Complete Cartotank Kit for about $21 you get the above, plus a metal drip tip and five cartomizers of your choosing. The polypropylene tube is safe against the tank-cracking juices.

For a step up, the pyrex IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! tubed stainless steel tanks start at $20 and go up according to add ons you might want. A nice selection of drip tips and pre-drilled cartomizers are available onsite.

Choices in cartomizers for your tanks will basically be between Smoktech, Boge, and Ikenvape. Use the below graphic to decide which cartomizer best fits the tank you choose. Tanks are of either standard or XL length no matter where you purchase it.

tank lengths.jpg dctank.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg

I have several articles on cartomizers and cartotanks in my blog. I recommend spending some time reading them prior to your purchase.

Baditude's Blogs

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Listen to Baditide!

I have followed his suggestions and they have all worked out great for me.

Read his blog! Watch the videos he links to.

I have 4 of the cheapo tanks Baditude linked to. They work great for me.

I haven't tried a Pyrex tank yet. The price is an issue for me. So I can't comment on those. Yet.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Badditude! Great info. Do you recommend 2 or 3 holes in the carto?

90% of the cartos that I use have two laser-drilled holes. Most of my e-liquids are a 50/50 pg/vg mix. Three holes might be preferred if you are using a very vg based juice (thicker). If your liquids are mostly pg (thinner), one hole works best.

Be sure to order the correct length of cartomizer for the tank you use. A longer cartomizer will work in a shorter tank if you make a mistake, but a shorter cartomizer will not work in a longer tank.

Last edited:

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread