AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi all,

I have been vaping for a long time, so long in fact, that I still have about 50 cartomizers ranging from Boges, to fusion 801s, Kanger triple coil and others. For any who have been vaping for a while, you might recall how great these were at the time.

The problem I have is finding good to acceptable high PG juices or juices thin enough for cartomizers. The thick high VGs that have become mainstream now do not work in cartos.

Can anyone give me some ideas for high PG juices.

What about nic salts? I noticed that most are 50/50 PG/VG. Are they thin enough to use in cartos?

I am from Australia so recommendations don’t have to be only for US liquids. What about Chinese or Phillipines based liquids? Any worth considering?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It seems I am getting no play on my post about advice on high PG liquids for the old style cartomizers. Being a long term vaper I still enjoy the occasional cartomizers and have many left over from 6-8 years ago.

Nowadays it’s hard to find suitably thin high PG liquids that are of a good quality.

Any suggestions?

What about Vaporfi? I’ve always overlooked them because they appear, on the face of it, to be a bit of a trap for new vapers who don’t know the value of vape gear. Though, their liquids appear to be of a high grade and have certification for being toxin free. Their juices can also be made in 70/30 PGVG which is what I need for cartos.

Any advice would be appreciated !

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I can't help you with a suggestion outside of the USA, sorry. I can highly recommend Mister-E-Liquid Vape Juice | Mister-E-Liquid.com They sell other brands too, but their house brand allows for different pg/vg levels. I've been buying from them for over 6 years. If you decide to order open an account first, get into the point program, get some points for following them on social media, etc and use that against your total.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'd suggest DIY, even though you seem to be not too interested in that approach. Mixing your own eliquid will allow you to maintain 100% control over the nicotine, PG, VG, and flavoring(s) levels. A calculator like this, eJuice Me Up - eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator, may be quite helpful. There are hundreds one can find online too. I use this one from EcigVape.com - SoMDcomputerguy's E-Liquid Recipes as well.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I'd check out Healthcabin in China...they carry the Dekang brand in various pg ratios, even the old 80pg/20vg ratio. Legendgadget carries the Hangsen brand in various ratios also (I might mention that legendgadget has always been notoriously slow in shipping to me here in the States). Looks like China is going to be your best bet for this stuff. Just hope you aren't in South Australia these days.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Junction, Co
    I dont see why you couldn't just use some nic salt juice. Most of them are 50/50 and sometimes seem even thinner. I had no issues running 50/50 and sometimes thicker juices in my carto tanks.

You could always try diluting your juice with distilled water if 50/50 somehow ends up being too thick. It only really takes a few drops to thin the juice pretty dramaticly.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    You could always try diluting your juice with distilled water if 50/50 somehow ends up being too thick. It only really takes a few drops to thin the juice pretty dramaticly.
    That reminds me of the old pbusardo videos where he tests his old favorite Boba's Bounty in his cartomizers.

On the Alien Visions site, they even suggest up to 3 drops of distilled water to loosen it up without sacrificing flavor.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I'd suggest DIY, even though you seem to be not too interested in that approach. Mixing your own eliquid will allow you to maintain 100% control over the nicotine, PG, VG, and flavoring(s) levels. A calculator like this, eJuice Me Up - eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator, may be quite helpful. There are hundreds one can find online too. I use this one from EcigVape.com - SoMDcomputerguy's E-Liquid Recipes as well.

I am terrible at DIY. I find it time consuming and finicky and the concentrates seem to me, to be no better than low level commercial liquids. I think one would need to be a bit of a boffin with DIY to produce good quality home based liquids that are comparable to commercial gourmet liquids.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I'd check out Healthcabin in China...they carry the Dekang brand in various pg ratios, even the old 80pg/20vg ratio. Legendgadget carries the Hangsen brand in various ratios also (I might mention that legendgadget has always been notoriously slow in shipping to me here in the States). Looks like China is going to be your best bet for this stuff. Just hope you aren't in South Australia these days.

I am not in South Australia but Vapoureyes, one of our best online and brick and mortar vape stores is.

Australia is such a conservative nanny state that we have not been able to purchase or sell nicotine since well before vaping became a thing because nicotine was registered on the regulated poisons list.

We can buy nicotine based liquids abroad for personal use but we cannot buy nicotine based liquids in Australia.

Hangsen and Dekang are actually not too bad. I recently purchased a liquid called Bronco tobacco from Smoktek and it works wonders in a carto.

I am considering The Vapor Room.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I dont see why you couldn't just use some nic salt juice. Most of them are 50/50 and sometimes seem even thinner. I had no issues running 50/50 and sometimes thicker juices in my carto tanks.

I’m thinking salts too. My issue with salts is that they always make me sick. I generally vape sub-ohm at home and MTL at work so I decided to try the Juul and really enjoyed it. The problem was it always gave me a nicotine overdose within 10 puffs.

You can’t vape Nic salts like we vape freebase Nic. It’s got to be treated like a cigarette.

• Optimistic

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Junction, Co
    I’m thinking salts too. My issue with salts is that they always make me sick. I generally vape sub-ohm at home and MTL at work so I decided to try the Juul and really enjoyed it. The problem was it always gave me a nicotine overdose within 10 puffs.

You can’t vape Nic salts like we vape freebase Nic. It’s got to be treated like a cigarette.

I've had similar issues with nic salts. I use salts in my devices I take to work and have had a couple of times I got a bit sick from to much nicotine.

The Juul uses 50mg salts. I can easily see how that could be too strong for a majority of vapers that aren't currently switching over from smoking.

A large majority of nic salt brands have a 25mg option and some also have 3&6mg juices for sub ohm use.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    That reminds me of the old pbusardo videos where he tests his old favorite Boba's Bounty in his cartomizers.

On the Alien Visions site, they even suggest up to 3 drops of distilled water to loosen it up without sacrificing flavor.

I had no idea you could safely add water to your vape lol

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I've had similar issues with nic salts. I use salts in my devices I take to work and have had a couple of times I got a bit sick from to much nicotine.

The Juul uses 50mg salts. I can easily see how that could be too strong for a majority of vapers that aren't currently switching over from smoking.

A large majority of nic salt brands have a 25mg option and some also have 3&6mg juices for sub ohm use.

I’ve tried 25 and 35 mg and it doesn’t take long to get sick. The thing about Nic salts is that we need to change how we vape. Nic salts really need to be treat like whiskey. Freebase is like slurping beers all day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread