Not open for further replies.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Hi everyone, I'm ba-ack! Missed you!

To exaggerate, I've been away flirting with death, even though she be an ugly beast... but I'm healthy again and enjoying my tangerine dreamsicle!

Exaggeration aside, I found out the hard way that I'm diabetic. I checked myself into the clinic feeling horrible only to find my blood chemistry was way off the charts, so now the only sweets I'm partaking are Annette's sweet vapes, of which I have quite the selection :)
So sorry to hear that rootwhacker... my husband just went through the same thing. I'm a lab tech in a hospital, so when I started paying attention to his symptoms, I knew what was going on. I had to convince his doc to order the proper tests and sure enough.. his fasting blood sugar was 245!! He was immediately put on insulin injections... he was mortified! I've been telling him for years that he was going to live to regret his eating habits... he finally had to admit I might have been right! He completely changed his diet, and now... 3 short months after his diagnosis, his diabetes is "cured".. Now, that doesn't mean that he is NOT a diabetic anymore, he'll always be diabetic. But I took him off the insulin in January, and made him stop the metformin in February. He's been over a month with no medications whatsoever and his fasting sugar yesterday was 87. His doc is totally amazed.. told him that he was every doctors dream patient. Having to stick that needle into his gut scared the hell out of him,, he's very, very careful about what he eats... he knows if he ever goes back to his old bad habits that he'll be looking at that needle again, and he surely does not want that! I wish you luck,,, and know that it CAN be reversed!!

Larkfour

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Mpls, Minnesota
Good Afternoon. I took my sister's horse for a half hour walk, on her lead rope, yesterday. That was a work out all by itself. Miss Bunny was certain that those bits of green grass, newly sprouting on the roadside, we're there expressly for her pleasure. 950 lbs. of desire vs. 125 lbs. of determined control. Just call me Rocky-ette.

Have a great day everyone.

Larkfour

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Mpls, Minnesota
Revision: 950 lbs. vs. 132 lbs. I've been gaining weight. Asked my daughter, the personal trainer, why the he$$ I'm getting fatter.
She laughed, and said, "Your working out enough to build muscle, but your not working out enough to burn the fat on top of it."
Great .... At this rate I'll turn into a vaping mini Michelin mom.

rootwhacker

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
East Wenatchee, WA
...Having to stick that needle into his gut scared the hell out of him,, he's very, very careful about what he eats... he knows if he ever goes back to his old bad habits that he'll be looking at that needle again, and he surely does not want that! I wish you luck,,, and know that it CAN be reversed!!

Thanks, Luvinit! I hope I turn out like your husband. What's this about a big needle to the gut?!? When I checked in, my reading was well over 500 and I got a shot in the arm. The good news is after 2 weeks now it's steadily decreasing, I've been between 100-200 these last few days.

Needle to the gut, ewwwwwww. I hate needles. Period.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Good Afternoon. I took my sister's horse for a half hour walk, on her lead rope, yesterday. That was a work out all by itself. Miss Bunny was certain that those bits of green grass, newly sprouting on the roadside, we're there expressly for her pleasure. 950 lbs. of desire vs. 125 lbs. of determined control. Just call me Rocky-ette.

Have a great day everyone.
Horseback riding is also great exercise, Larkfour! Wish I could do it more often! Last time I went, I rode for two hours and had so much fun I didn't notice how hard my legs were working. When I dismounted, I nearly fell over! I love horses!

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Looks like my juice will be here today, (Thurs.). Should I let these steep? If so, for how long? A week or just a couple of days more, since they were sent out Monday evening.

I always say to vape it when it tastes good to you! Some people will religiously steep for a minimum of two, three or even four weeks. Others use it right away. Steeping can definitely radically improve flavors but it's really up to your personal tastes. If you can wait though, you will be rewarded!

Haploe

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
Florida
I always say to vape it when it tastes good to you! Some people will religiously steep for a minimum of two, three or even four weeks. Others use it right away. Steeping can definitely radically improve flavors but it's really up to your personal tastes. If you can wait though, you will be rewarded!

Well, I couldn't wait, LOL I tried the 100 VG menthol moon drops already. I wanted to see what 100% VG felt like. It has a good vapor production. But, I didn't get any menthol flavor from it. This is not uncommon for me in a lot of different things, not just E-liquid. Someone else may use this and have a lot of flavor. just that my taste buds are dull, sigh. Next time I'll order with extra flavor. Haven't tried the 50/50 or 80/20 yet.

Last edited:

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Well, I couldn't wait, LOL I tried the 100 VG menthol moon drops already. I wanted to see what 100% VG felt like. It has a good vapor production. But, I didn't get any menthol flavor from it. This is not uncommon for me in a lot of different things, not just E-liquid. Someone else may use this and have a lot of flavor. just that my taste buds are dull, sigh. Next time I'll order with extra flavor. Haven't tried the 50/50 or 80/20 yet.
When you try it again with the extra flavor, you can also ask me to make it for you with "extra extra flavor" so you can add some to the bottle you have. Some people have a hard time tasting flavors so that's why I offer the two flavor options and then the "extra extra" flavor option if you request it (just leave a note for me). Also, PG is generally a better flavor carrier than VG so a PG mix might help too.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Hey rootwhacker.. between 100-200 is awesome! Whatever you're doing, it's working!! In my husbands case, his doc put him on insulin injections immediately. I'm sure he had periods where his sugars were over 500 (which, as you know, is really REALLY bad!) but his fastings were between 200-300... also really, really bad. I gave him his injection in his belly.. he couldn't do it himself in the beginning. It was an insulin pen, and the needle was extremely small... but hey, a needle is a needle and it just ain't easy doing it to yourself. He was finally able to do it, but he never really liked it. It did bring his sugars down in a hurry,, which was what I wanted.. his diabetes had affected his vision.. he couldn't see anything and no glasses helped. His vision problems were totally due to his high sugar level and that scared the hell out of me. A month into it, they put him on the pills,, on top of the insulin. He had also drastically changed his eating habits and it wasn't long before his sugars were dipping too low and I made him stop the insulin before he crashed. Two months in, it was evident that the pills were too much too.. he was frequently dipping below 70 and that made him feel worse than the high sugars.. so I took him off those too.. he calls me doctor kimmy! I told him he's lucky I work in healthcare and know a little something about diabetes or I would have been scraping him off the floor and he would have gotten a free ride to the ER... I work with his doc and he approved everything I told him... (after I did it!) and is just so surprised at how well he's doing.. It is a DRASTIC lifestyle change, for sure. I sure hope you can get it under control... soon! It sounds like you're doing pretty well!! Keep up the good work!

Sydlie

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Oy. My 8-1/2 month old dog, who has slept through the night since day one, woke up 3 times last night & wanted to play- which of course meant that she wanted to get into anything easily chewed & make noise. This is extra bizarre because I took her on an extra-long walk yesterday evening & usually that exhausts her, but this time it just seemed to energize her! She never calmed down! After the second time she woke up, I crated her, but she whined for 45 minutes and I finally, exhaustedly gave up & let her back into bed. After the third time, I basically held her down & stroked her until she passed out. She didn't want to get out of bed this morning & I kind of wish there was something I could do to prevent her from napping while I'm at work, for revenge's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread