Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Super busy at work, the week's flown by.

Hopefully we'll finish the initial porch screen install this weekend, tighten up the tarp on the bunkhouse, and I've got some ramps to build in the shed for storing the lawn tractor (spring floods -- we're on a high point, but I'd rather lift it another 10" above grade; concrete blocks and 2x10s should do the trick). Local apple festival Saturday :)

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Good morning everyone :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382099330.997915.jpg

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hectic times in Beautiful Baldwinsville. Work has been uber busy, and a lot of misc. junk at camp.

Last Monday we got the camp surveyed for the elevation certificate, with any luck we'll get a break on flood insurance, but I'll be watching to see how the quote comes in. Per the elevation certificate we're just above something called BFE, which makes sense since people who've lived there decades say our camp has never had flood waters touch the main structure (and it doesn't look like it -- insulation under the first floor is clean). That said, it does have a skirt around the crawlspace, and even though there are plenty big enough openings we need to make sure they don't mess up on the interpretation of the surveyor writeup.

Pretty much completed the screening task, just finished up painting it yesterday. I'll replace the screens on the portion of the porch that actually touches the deck next Spring.

Putting the skirt back up on the crawlspace, the part that I'd taken off for building the deck. A PITA working with the corrugated metal panels. The portion under the deck itself is just getting a composite lattice, much easier to work with.

Got the ramps/platform done in the utility shed, so the little lawn tractor is above the floor. If a spring flood occurs, the area behind our camp is at a lower grade, as is most of the rest of the property along the lake -- if water reaches the tractor tires, time for an ark

Time for some electrical work, wiring in a motion detect light on the old bunkhouse entrance, and if the weather warms up again I may go for permanent lighting/power on the deck.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Busy as always. We had the cold snap Monday, so I safed the water at camp, then got to restart it Tuesday. It's a PITA priming the system, but I've got it set up fairly well for this.

I'm doing some interior electrical, setting up decent switched lights in the mud/utility room, and if the weather continues decent I'll get that permanent power and lighting in on the deck.

Work itself is hectic. Supposedly we're kind of slow right now, but I have a lot of must-do tasks to take care of.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Yay, a nice warming after the event cold times :)

Ultra busy, as usual. Work has been hectic, picking up load from others, working to chase down some areas that had become sore spots for management. I'm an engineer, but been around long enough to be a general problem solver, a good thing to be in today's environment.

On the home front, I'm still working at camp, outdoor lights and power. I've been having good experience with some of the new led lights, both outdoor use and interior fixtures. We're redoing the great room lighting at home, hopefully I'll get a first three light fixture in this weekend.

I've been beta testing a new VV PV lately, and a tank, quite happy with both. I can't say anything else about them right now, but it is fun to play with new gear once in a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread