Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have been doing diy for awhile now but I need a better Pineapple flavor.
I am going for a Pineapple upside down cake and thought I had it, but alas.....

I really like the flavor of tfa Pineapple but it is only good when fresh. After a steep it fades way too much. At first it has an almost true Pineapple flavor then just almost goes away. So I make small batches.
Heard good things about golden Pineapple but it's not a true Pineapple taste to me.
Anyone have any ideas for a good almost real flavor that doesn't fade away????

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
This pineapple doesn't fade with steeping....just gets better. All TFA

Vanilla cupcake 10%
Pineapple 4%
Brown Sugar 4%
Butter 2%
I find that interesting that your Pineapple doesn't fade using tfa like mine does??
I even upped the percentage to try to avoid it. Hmmm.
Guess I'll give yours a shot.
Thanks

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I find that interesting that your Pineapple doesn't fade using tfa like mine does??
I even upped the percentage to try to avoid it. Hmmm.
What does your recipe look like? Maybe the fade is not the pineapple itself; but something (or a combination of "somethings") else.

I too used TFA's Pineapple for some time without noticing much, if any, fading.

I will also put another vote in for INW-Pineapple (Ananas). I started using it, instead of TFA's, because it has less "bite" (that "acidic" note), to me, than TFA's offering; while still tasting more like fresh fruit, and not canned.:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I really like the flavor of tfa Pineapple but it is only good when fresh. After a steep it fades way too much. At first it has an almost true Pineapple flavor then just almost goes away.

I always use TFA Pineapple in my "Hawaiian Delights" recipe that I make for myself and a neighbor. Haven't had it fade away yet in any batches. Maybe, like IDJoel said above...it's some combination with another ingredient(s) in your recipe that's causing it. Or, maybe it's the % of it you're using in yours.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm thinking it's me never being happy and adding a small amount of fw cinnamon roll and like .25 of cinnamon Danish Swirl to try for a cinnamon Sugar type flavor.
Other than that just cake Batter cap and some marshmallow for sweetness.
Not home now to remember the percentages but my latest iteration I remember Pineapple was the highest percentage.
What started me down this thought process was I have seen youtube mixers mention fade with it as well.
I think it was fresh03 and maybe diyordie but don't quote me on that.
Also many folks list fade in theirs on notes in elr........
Maybe I'm just crazy.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
What does your recipe look like? Maybe the fade is not the pineapple itself; but something (or a combination of "somethings") else.

I too used TFA's Pineapple for some time without noticing much, if any, fading.

I will also put another vote in for INW-Pineapple (Ananas). I started using it, instead of TFA's, because it has less "bite" (that "acidic" note), to me, than TFA's offering; while still tasting more like fresh fruit, and not canned.:)
Guess I'm gonna add that to my next order as it sounds perfect.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm thinking it's me never being happy and adding a small amount of fw cinnamon roll and like .25 of cinnamon Danish Swirl to try for a cinnamon Sugar type flavor.
Other than that just cake Batter cap and some marshmallow for sweetness.
Not home now to remember the percentages but my latest iteration I remember Pineapple was the highest percentage.
What started me down this thought process was I have seen youtube mixers mention fade with it as well.
I think it was fresh03 and maybe diyordie but don't quote me on that.
Also many folks list fade in theirs on notes in elr........
Maybe I'm just crazy.
Try less of the marshmellow & danishes. As those steep & mature they will squelch the pineapple. So the pineapple isn't fading, it's being overwhelmed by flavors that change as they age. Just use less of those, & let them steep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread