RDA Good RDA to build on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyferg

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2015
Philadelphia, Pa
Just wondering what everyone thinks is a nice rda for some of the crazier, more space consuming builds. Was a little discouraged when I really had to squeeze a dual parallel build in my hobo, and since have been looking for a rda with three posts and a generous building space.

Some rdas I've been looking at are the patriot v2, tugboat v2, and mephisto so far. If anyone has some other suggestions or anything let me know!

Sexy Syndra

Nov 30, 2014
USA
Just wondering what everyone thinks is a nice RDA for some of the crazier, more space consuming builds. Was a little discouraged when I really had to squeeze a dual parallel build in my hobo, and since have been looking for a rda with three posts and a generous building space.

Some rdas I've been looking at are the patriot v2, tugboat v2, and mephisto so far. If anyone has some other suggestions or anything let me know!

My favorite so far is the Mutation X v3 (recently replaced the v2). I can fit all of my crazy builds on it with room to spare.

Derty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
SC
Just wondering what everyone thinks is a nice RDA for some of the crazier, more space consuming builds. Was a little discouraged when I really had to squeeze a dual parallel build in my hobo, and since have been looking for a rda with three posts and a generous building space.

If deck space is your only concern i found the patriot style is preferable... by style i mean there were MANY drippers that copied this base for quite a while. My original Patriot *v1* has the exact same look as my Taurus rda i got on my birthday... guess what i am lol; anywho. Aside from the differentiating top caps there are several out there with the same style base as the patriot. As far as the V2 goes i understand its the same base / juice well size. If it is then it will be fairly easy to build on. I'm fairly certain the igo-w4 is similar in size, not sure though as i've never actually seen it in person.

Flavor overall is nice on this particular atty if you are comfortable giving it more air; ie: you dont mind drilling that sucker out a bit. I put 2 cyclops vents on my Taurus and simply put in 2 'staggered' 2mm vent holes on each side of the patriot... i would not suggest anyone do like i did with the taurus... its awesome but dear god it was allot of work.

thatguyferg

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2015
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm a bit surprised there's been no mention of the Marquis. Not sure if it is generous for build space, but it sure looks hard to beat for ease of build.

Yeah I don't know if I would consider the build room on the Marquis generous, but don't get me wrong I would love to have one and am planning to get one in the near future! Besides the fact that the little build rods lock into the juice deck to help line up the coils, I would love to have something like those rods as right now I have used many many different micro screwdrivers but the handles always kinda restrict my ability to move or adjust my coils in tight spaces. I also love that build quality and ability to over drip, plus the wide bore drip tip and adapter.

The Mephisto V2 will take crazy, big metal builds. I've had two 3mm twisted 24ga monsters in it before. Huge post holes, massive post screws, and pretty room deck.

This is what I was hoping for! The deck doesn't have to be too roomy, but for anyone who's owned or built on a hobo it's very very very tough if not impossible to squeeze even a 3 mm micro coil in there let alone something like a 3 mm twisted/clapton/etc.

The only issue I have with the Mephisto V2 is its price vs. the price of say the Patriot V2. This is really only cause I've seen a decent amount of people speak highly of the patriot, but whenever I look for some review of the Mephisto V2 I can hardly find anything. So, help me out here, how are you liking your Mephisto V2?!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah I don't know if I would consider the build room on the Marquis generous, but don't get me wrong I would love to have one and am planning to get one in the near future! Besides the fact that the little build rods lock into the juice deck to help line up the coils, I would love to have something like those rods as right now I have used many many different micro screwdrivers but the handles always kinda restrict my ability to move or adjust my coils in tight spaces. I also love that build quality and ability to over drip, plus the wide bore drip tip and adapter.

This is what I was hoping for! The deck doesn't have to be too roomy, but for anyone who's owned or built on a hobo it's very very very tough if not impossible to squeeze even a 3 mm micro coil in there let alone something like a 3 mm twisted/clapton/etc.

The only issue I have with the Mephisto V2 is its price vs. the price of say the Patriot V2. This is really only cause I've seen a decent amount of people speak highly of the patriot, but whenever I look for some review of the Mephisto V2 I can hardly find anything. So, help me out here, how are you liking your Mephisto V2?!

I love my Mephisto V2. It's not necessarily a flavor monster but its other attributes make it a top 4 atty for me, easily. I scored my authentic from Bama Vapor when they were blowing them out for $65. Had I been (more) sober, I would have purchased more than one. Don't get me wrong, the flavor isn't lacking, it's just not "punch you in the face" flavor. With a simple 22ga dual build at 80W it will absolutely change the atmosphere. I've had some fog chuckers but none have done the work the Mephisto V2 is capable of. The massive juice well is an added bonus.

Mine is currently being modified for bottom feed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread