Not open for further replies.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Love this quote from Dr. Peter Selby, chief and clinician scientist in the addictions division of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and professor in the departments of Family and Community Medicine and Psychiatry at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, says that the reasons for this difference are fairly simply: vaping doesn't combust tobacco nor produce tar.

Ultimately, Selby says, looking at e-cigarettes the way we look at medical devices is a deeply misguided approach.

"When I look at e-cigarettes as a quit-aid, I think it's probably the wrong headed way for society to go... the question we really need to ask is, how well do e-cigarettes replace combustible cigarettes in the market so that you essentially don't need to have combustibles in the market anymore."

"I think we'll see the Remington effect," said Selby, answering his own question with a reference to what computer word processing did to typewriters. "That's what you want. It's replaced. Gone."

:thumbs:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
ZERO credibility. Besides the parroted health lies, there's this: "At about two hours, the withdrawal is so severe that all a smoker can think about is getting to a cigarette," said Kellie Forbes, a nurse who works in acute and palliative care in Westlock, Alberta and smoked for almost 35 years before picking up an e-cigarette in May, 2013. "It's horrible. You're an absolute slave to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread