ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Thanks alot guys !!!

From what I know,it might be illegal in my country aiks, but there's always an underground society of people that wants to break through the norm yea ... lol of coz not in a bad way .. just wanting to improved our lives ... no harm in that I suppose..

Bad~

wow thats alot of effort put in thanks alot !! you saved our lives we are eternally grateful (in toy story pizza aliens voice) and very nice n hilarious pic btw

Steve~

Thanks alot too for pointing me in the right direction !!

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Hey Bad~

out of curiosity, I've seen those that look exactly like analogs and even lights up, seeing that I might need to be more tactical when it comes to vaping, any idea are those any good ?

and I've gone through the link and was wondering for long term vaping I would assume I would need lotsa parts frequently ? and juice

and is the infomation any different if i decide to use a tank ?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Welcome!

Oh wow - you may need to help us out some here before we can help you. What buying options do you have? Are there any restrictions in Singapore we need to know about?

Also, have you found the national forums section of the site yet? => National Forums

I don't see a specific section there yet for Singapore but you might spot something that can help. We will try to help as best we can. Tell us more about your situation in your corner of the world.

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Welcome!

Oh wow - you may need to help us out some here before we can help you. What buying options do you have? Are there any restrictions in Singapore we need to know about?

Also, have you found the national forums section of the site yet? => National Forums

I don't see a specific section there yet for Singapore but you might spot something that can help. We will try to help as best we can. Tell us more about your situation in your corner of the world.

Sadly Its not legalized yet T-T ... long story short was wondering analog looking ones vs big giant sticks ...

I'm currently a chain smoker so don't really want to keep dripping if it juices keep running out

2nd concern is stealth ... at least its safer if i had to vape somewhere more public >.<

was also thinking cost issue and how much parts do you guys generally store ? I'm currently spending about USD234 at least (Tax is really high in my country)

any ideas ?

Thanks for responding Rick =)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hey Bad~

out of curiosity, I've seen those that look exactly like analogs and even lights up, seeing that I might need to be more tactical when it comes to vaping, any idea are those any good ?

and I've gone through the link and was wondering for long term vaping I would assume I would need lotsa parts frequently ? and juice

and is the infomation any different if i decide to use a tank ?

Ok, I can answer some of that but 'Bad is the guy for tank info.

In general anything that looks like a cigarette will be disappointing. Tiny batteries that have very short run times - 45 minutes to about 75 minutes and they have to hit the charger again. That gets real tired, real quick.

Not much bigger would be something like an eGo mini battery. Still small so you can "palm" it. But now you have a battery with a good three hour run time instead. If you need something something small for stealth vaping this is a better option than cigalike stuff. Here's an example. This place is out of stock but it's a good photo => SmokTech Mini eGo battery -350mAh - Black

Just throwing ideas up so you can see what your options are.

Fill us in on your buying options. Can you purchase in Singapore or do you have to buy international?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Sadly Its not legalized yet T-T ... long story short was wondering analog looking ones vs big giant sticks ...

I'm currently a chain smoker so don't really want to keep dripping if it juices keep running out

2nd concern is stealth ... at least its safer if i had to vape somewhere more public >.<

was also thinking cost issue and how much parts do you guys generally store ? I'm currently spending about USD234 at least (Tax is really high in my country)

any ideas ?

Thanks for responding Rick =)

Wow. $234.00 USD! When I quit two years ago I was spending about $180.00 a month as a 2 PAD smoker. My vaping costs are 1/3 that much and that's not being strict with my vaping supplies. I have a lot of nice things and plenty of liquids to show for it. If that helps you figure out cost concerns. We still don't know where you will be buying from.

Ok, let's see:

If you are a heavy smoker that means heavy vaping, especially when you start - until you get past any quit smoking withdrawal and deal with cravings. Things like Kanger T3s clearos are one of the easier things for a new user to figure out. They are easy to fill, one fill can last an entire day, the coil - the part that wears out - is replaceable, and you can even rebuild the coils yourself. Depending on the liquids you use one coil can last between two days before it needs cleaning and I get about a week before I need to clean. The coils can last up to 5 to 6 weeks before they are just shot. Example of a T3s type clearo here: Kanger T3 Rebuildable Clearomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

And the part inside that you replace is here: http://www.mtbakervapor.com/cartomizers/kanger-t3s-mt3s-replacement-coil-5-pack/

These fit that mini eGo battery I mentioned in the other post. For that matter, these fit onto any battery you may see that says it has eGo threading.

Also, when it comes to stealth vaping the only LED going on this is on the button you will be hitting with your thumb. That just hides under your thumb. (Almost all eGo style batteries are like this.) No fake lite up end like on the cigalikes to draw attention.

That's it for this post! We'll help you figure out your options so you can decide what is best - for you.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I have a friend in another country that has had some e-cig gear and liquid disallowed in her country by customs. However, electric hookah's are available and can also be imported.

Perhaps you could get a portable electric hookah and not have to worry about stealth? As I see that hookah products can be brought into the country just like tobacco can, it may be more acceptable. Some of the cartridges have nicotine and some don't.

It sure seems electric hookah and e-cig are pretty much the same, but with different marketing names.

Here's one with a non cig-alike look:

Vookah by Vapage. Vapage Hookah

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Actually I have no idea how to grab hold of one let alone the replaceable parts or juices lol since here are ZERO stalls available ... therefore still looking at how to go about it ...
all in all still pretty keen despite the hassle ... USD234 per mth is crazy ... and I do wan a healthier alternative

Yea I guess smaller ones are too much of a hassle, T-T

mini does sound good for a short term trail ..

and was wondering if the vapor will still smell like smoke or will my mouth still stink ?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Oh well. So much for my brilliant solution. :)

The vapor will not smell like smoke.

It could smell like fresh baked cookies or a hint of brewing coffee for example. Even the strongest tobacco flavors smell a bit like fresh pipe tobacco, before it is lit. One of the really nice and enjoyable things about vaping e-liquid is the very pleasant aroma's that are dictated by the flavors, not the burn of leaves. The vapor also doesn't linger for more than a few seconds.

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Rick~

Yea Crazy stuff since we are not a self reliant country we import lotsa stuff, so taxes are crazy thats how the Gov earns money sadly the citizens gonna have to bear with it lol..

Was looking through the sites n stuff ... seems like I probably go with eGo, don't know which yet but seems user friendly for noobs like me XD ...

a few things though still a little confused between atom n clearos ?

and was wondering if the vapor will still smell like smoke or will my mouth still stink ?

side note~~ I wasn't expecting much replies actually ... you all saved lotsa my brain cells n head banging ... appreciate it lots ... when I get a hang of it I'll be sure to pass on the knowledge too =)

THANKS SO MUCH !!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Uh-oh- bacon, don't go there with this crowd! lol

Like tearose50 said - you will no longer smell! That's one of the things you lose with vaping. No more cigarette smoke smell in your clothes, your hair, the car, the bed, the curtains... Get the idea? It's a huge relief losing the smell of cigarette smoke.And your breath certainly gets a lot better too. It's so much better than smoking.

This is gonna be one of these "Duh" sounding things but vaping isn't smoking. There are a lot of differences. One of the hardest things for some people is they want vaping to taste just like a cigarette. It just can't - you aren't burning anything and there is no tobacco. But you do get your nicotine, can still blow smoke (vape) rings, and you get opened up to a whole world of flavors that you would never get from smoking. And most importantly you lose all the unhealthy aspects of smoking. It isn't the nicotine that's unhealthy, it's all the crap you get from burning processed tobacco.

I have to go - it's nearly 5 in the morning here. One last thought for now: If you really want to quit vaping can work for you. I couldn't tell you how many times I tried to quit with gum or patches. I can't - I lost track. This was the only thing that worked for a 30 year, 2 PAD smoker. Over two years now - not one relapse.

Maybe one more thing: This can be a lot to take in. Some times you just have to step away from ECF and take a break. So far we have only started talking about and showing you hardware options. There's still liquids, flavors, and your nicotine level needs that needs to be considered. (Remember what I said about vaping isn't smoking?) And that whole thing about how are you going to get what in Singapore. I think I spent two weeks on here and looking at web sites before I made my first purchase. You did it right! You started here asking questions before you just got out there and bought overpriced mistakes. (People can do that all over the world. We know.)

Will try to check in with you later today. Bye for now!

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
I just found this => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/158037-where-get-e-cigarette-singapore.html

The thread started 2 years ago and its still active. You have some reading to do...

Ouch 70+ pages ... sadly read till 30 pages will have to continue tomorrow ... long day at work ...

weirdly no one does research there lol all screaming "I wan a PV !!! lol feels like i'm the only one not having any idea in there haha

oh well will check those out too just in case ... I guess my plan might be to get one from the states, n maybe parts nearby to make sure I got quality .. for some reason getting lotsa complains from other people when they got it from nearby countries

although it would be really sad if it got caught up by customs lol ... imagine my product and shipping fee all gone !! dang !!!

So ... I guess the next logical question will be which to get ? the mini is tempting ... I have access to USB ports the whole day so no prob with charging ... however if I wanna get one that last a day ? any recommendations ? I guess manual is better ? maybe like bad's video ? the eGo Spinner ?

theres so many brands out there and all seem the same can't really tell the diff (-_-ll)

Nicotine lvl ~ I'm thinking med to low since I smoke menthol lights
flavor ~ menthol first I can always experiment when i get the basics down lol

juices n flavor aren't the same ? oh and i'm confused between atom n cleros ..

If you could clarify that would be great =)

once I got the details than I'll hunt it down lol ... no point hunting when I have no idea which to get lol ...

hope to hear from you soon ... have a good rest ... I'm gonna crashhhh ... Zzz ...

Side note again ~ Thanks lovely people !!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When ordering e-liquids with nicotine, we generally recommend 18 - 24 mg nicotine for a 1 pack per day (20 cigs) smoker as a general startoff point.

The cartomizers and clearomizers that hold the juice and have the vaporizer (heating coil or atomomizer) are all considered more or less to be disposable. These can last 2 -4 weeks before they stop working (heating coil part). Some clearomizers are called rebuildable, meaning that the "heads" containing the wicks and heating coils can be replaced and continue using the same "tank" part. These replaceable heads are available on online vendor websites that sell the original clearomizer.

rebuildable clearomizer - coil heads can be replaced when shot

Last edited:

kcirederf

Aug 19, 2013
singapore
Morning/afternoon/Night Guys,

Did a little research last night and I decided on Clearos like you & Bad recommended, however torn between stardust, Kanger T3, or iclear ... seems all the same but has lotsa good feedbacks for kanger & stardust ... any ideas ? oh the Kanger MT3S ?

Rebuild-able seems better choice, just stock up on parts and all, I think both are single coils so I can change them if need be ...

As for the Batt, Maybe a eGo Mini, and a larger one twist or spinner ... again for the last 2 seems the same ?

Sure Bad I'll try 18 - 24mg range, and thats the one that comes in diff flavors right ? to drip ?

Lastly since like i said I'm a chain analog smoker right now, sometimes I go through 5 maybe 6 in a sitting ? especially when I don have frequent opportunities to go smoke, so when I do I make the most outta it lol, sadly it has become a habit ... in this kinda situations how many mils am I gonna need to get through a day ? again a 3/4 to 1 pack a day guy ... hopefully cutting down on the mils eventually too

I see its a maximum of 30ml per drop bottle, do I have to import like crazy ?

Sorry for dumb questions guys ... since there are no vendors in my country and trying to do research right now too...

Thanks for your patience (>.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread