Got an eVic today and a cheap cig-a-lke.. Feeling like I made a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Hey guys, so last night my (2nd) Vision Spinner broke.. Luckily a friend lent me his cheap, cigarette-looking battery with a couple pre-filled cartos to hold me over til I bought a new battery today. This was my first time really getting to use a 'cig-a-like', and I was actually surprised by how much vapor it gave me and love how it feels in my hand!

So I've been eying up the eVic for awhile now and decided today would be a good time to purchase it.. I've only had it for a few hours and I'm loving it so far and all the great features it has, but I feel like I went a bit overboard.. It's so big and heavy in my hand, I feel like I'll get used to it (like I did when I upgraded to the Spinner); but after using the cig-a-like for a few hours - I really loved how the smaller battery felt in my hand and ease of use!!

Don't get me wrong, the eVic is amazing.. But I don't know if I really needed all these features and this huge, expensive heavy battery.. Time/date. Puff count, puff-timer, variable-wattage, battery-life; all this stuff is great but do I really need it?? It's soo much easier to just pull this tiny e-cig out of my pocket and puff away (1st time I've had an auto-battery), and obviously easier to carry around & transport.. Maybe my mind will change after using both devices for a few days

And I know I'll feel 100x more comfortable using my 'cig-a-like' at the bar or other public places, especially where everyone smokes.. I'm not one of those to show off my fancy gear, and I feel like I'd get a lot of weird looks from smokers. I feel like people with these big mods and Provari's are screaming "Look at my fancy healthy e-cig!!" inside lol..

...And the main thing that bothers me. I really thought I found the best deal at a local vape store - $104 +tax for the full eVic kit, it was also the cheapest price I found online and I didn't have to wait/pay for shipping.. But of course, as soon as I got home and posted here about my eVic; a few people mentioned I can find them easily @ $70 for the full kit!!
:facepalm:
I'm the kind who always tries to find the best deals on my purchases, especially bigger purchases or on items I'll use a lot (like my e-cig!).. I've failed pretty miserably, I could've gotten the kit for $40+ cheaper and in the color I wanted (black tube instead of aluminum); had I shopped around more
Please comfort me!! Lol, thanks in advance

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Well here is a small comfort for you. The $70 deal would have meant ordering it and IF I am right about where it is being ordered from you would have had up to a 2 week wait for it. You were not in the position to wait with a borrowed battery only to use. I probably would have happily paid the extra to be vaping instead of suffering.

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
get the 18350 tube, flat cap, and choice battery. Its my daily mod. The 800 mah seems to run shorter than my ego twist 650, gg computer, but least there is usb passthrough.

edit: I have an eroll as well. I used it for about a week and got the evic. I carried the tanks in a zippo, but YOU NEED a syringe to fill. Filling 5 tanks every day is :glare::glare::glare:

Last edited:

banshee77

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Michigan
Maybe pick up a 510 battery for out and about and then use the evic while at home. It sounds like you could use some backups anyway.

I've though of grabbing a eroll for the same reasons. I really don't need it, but I want it. :cool:

Same here. Although I just bought a reo mini, I really would love to also have an e-roll for certain occasions. Once in a while I will pick up a disposable Njoy just cause I like the feel of it. I Seen fast tech had e-rolls for like $45:)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
There are several reasons to like cig-a-likes including size, ease, social stigma etc. but they run out of battery five minutes after leaving the house and dealing with either constantly filling or the large expense of pre-filled little carts.

I have a couple and I take them for short trips some times. Or for when I think I might be putting them in peril like fishing or biking.

Your Vic will give you much longer vape time, the full selection of delivery devices, a better quality vape and a really cool new toy!

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Why are you so self conscious about vaping in public? It's becoming more and more prevalent (at least in my area). I see people vaping almost every time i go to the bar. Most times that I go out no one even bats an eye. Sometimes I get a stupid question from a stupid person thinking its a drug delivery device, but most people that ask about it know what it is already and just want to know more about vaping. Not a big dead at all.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
If you're gonna go cig-alike go Janty kissbox or Ovales new Elips-c

Ovale elips-C - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

or their e-cab

Ovale eCab - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

or the e-mini

Ovale emini - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

Or Kissbox

E-Cigarette Kits

I'm not a shill for Janty / Ovale but I've been in their shops and tested all their gear and it's just top notch and lasts. Their cartos are excellent.

I've tried clones and rip offs and it's just not the same.

Janty invented the Ego and the fisrt tank system by the way, so their credentials speak for themselves

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Why are you so self conscious about vaping in public? It's becoming more and more prevalent (at least in my area). I see people vaping almost every time i go to the bar. Most times that I go out no one even bats an eye. Sometimes I get a stupid question from a stupid person thinking its a drug delivery device, but most people that ask about it know what it is already and just want to know more about vaping. Not a big dead at all.

In truth I am self conscious about vaping my vamo in public. I have yet to see a vaper in the wild in this tiny Louisiana town. I HAVE had to prove to a cop that it was not an illegal drug device. He tested the liquid and was very nice through the whole process but it was not an experience I want to repeat. Things take about 10 years to get here in general. I also got chewed out by the principal of the school my hubby works at for vaping in my car, with the windows rolled up, out of sight of the kids, 0 nic juice but in the school parking lot (I was waiting to pick the hubby up). She threatened his job over it.

So I drive with a cigalike or at most my ego and don't vape while waiting for the hubby at the school. Just not a comfy situation.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
In truth I am self conscious about vaping my vamo in public. I have yet to see a vaper in the wild in this tiny Louisiana town. I HAVE had to prove to a cop that it was not an illegal drug device. He tested the liquid and was very nice through the whole process but it was not an experience I want to repeat. Things take about 10 years to get here in general. I also got chewed out by the principal of the school my hubby works at for vaping in my car, with the windows rolled up, out of sight of the kids, 0 nic juice but in the school parking lot (I was waiting to pick the hubby up). She threatened his job over it.

So I drive with a cigalike or at most my ego and don't vape while waiting for the hubby at the school. Just not a comfy situation.

Wow! I guess I forget that not everyone lives in a larger city.

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Thanks everyone, I'm liking my eVic more and more every minute!! And to the 1st person who replied saying I'd have to wait weeks if I was to get the kit for $70, you're right. Thanks guys, you helped me feel like I made the right choice..

I'll probably get my Spinner('s) fixed to use for backups.. One is short-circuited and the other came disconnected and 2 wires came disconnected, but it still fires

kpmeth

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
SoCal
Thanks everyone, I'm liking my eVic more and more every minute!! And to the 1st person who replied saying I'd have to wait weeks if I was to get the kit for $70, you're right. Thanks guys, you helped me feel like I made the right choice..

I'll probably get my Spinner('s) fixed to use for backups.. One is short-circuited and the other came disconnected and 2 wires came disconnected, but it still fires

I found one on craigslist like 2 mins away from my house. the guy is selling eVic for 75

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I have cigalikes, spinners and APVs... the eVic and vamo being my favorite at-home devices. I use my little auto volt batteries while driving, walking my dog and around family members who are uncomfortable with my big boys! I'll take my mini-ego and spinner setups if I'll be away from home for a while. I don't take the larger devices out of the house, not for feeling any shame about using them, but I don't want to drop them on concrete or risk them being stolen.

As time goes on, you will add to your collection and find uses for them all. It's always good to have backups and backups for your backups!

Happy vaping! :vapor:

mitzeli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
louisiana

Hello fellow Louisiana Vamo vaper. My town isn't all that small and me and one other person have gotten 4 other people where we work to take up vaping instead. I was quite comfortable vaping my egos in public but recently started using my Vamo out and about. I think it would have been easier if I was a male, but I just prettied it up a bit like a piece of jewelry and vape on because its just that good!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Wait until the list of 2.0 features come out,
A ring tone
A camera
Wifi access
:D

RVW coupled with auto button is pretty nice. You can really tailor your vapes and they will be consistent.

Wait until that auto-batt starts sticking, you won't be liking it as much. There's a reason you don't see those on the higher end ecigs.

Sorry, can't comfort you on the price thing. I just got my eVic for $75 2 days after I ordered it. You need to hang out on the forum more.
I posted where to find it after I ordered Monday. I posted a link yesterday after I got it and was sure it was legit. And I was doing this for others in the US who might not want to wait 2 weeks to get it from China.

I've got to go. I'll be carrying my Vamo and my eVic with a spare eGo battery (in case of EMP blast). The least I've ever carried for this trip. I figure between these two mods and tanks I could last until Saturday if need be.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn't worry, just use them both or just use the one you like now...I just got a smaller eGo battery and actually am liking it better than my much larger batteries...But I'm very fickle when it comes to my vaping preference, one day I will be in love with a juice the next day it tastes awful...I think having multiple setups is what makes vaping so much fun...One day you can be loving the eVic, the next day only the cig-a-likes....In the end, you're not smoking and that extra $30 you didn't save turn into $300 of savings from not smoking...so enjoy and vaping if you got em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread