Got me a k101 today with a Smok fuse , have questions .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an aspire nautilus mini that vapes great , today I got my k101 with a smok fuse disk and three efest 18350 (800 mah) batteries.my question is after charging my batteries when I got home I put the battery in and then the disk . Vapes for about 2 1/2 hours and the newly charged batt went to 3.5v sooo was dead right ? Did the smok fuse cause this terribal battery life because well it is 800 mah and my 650 ego lasted for 5 hours on the nautilus . I returned a smok winder 1100mah because it was only lasting for 5 hours ......ridicules I know but with these batts being the imr version , do they need the fuse , could this fuse have drain my batt ? It wasn't like firing on its own or anything as I don't have the tubes cranked down all the way tight causeing a automatic fire like I have read , the button still has a small amount of space when pressed . Any ideas about these Smok fuses ? The vv battery I had from Smok kinda made me have a little suspicion for Smok stuff.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Not dead just need to be recharged.

I get less then 3 hours of vape time on my x750s so that would be about right. Many things contribute to how long a battery will last. How high watts were you vaping. Was it a continuous 2.5 hours or was it 4 pushes of the button for 4 seconds per push.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/553521-efest-800-mah-only-2-hrs.html

Does ti need a fuse? That a personal decision. A fuse just cuts off the current flow when a certain amp is reached. If a battery vents, regardless if it is an IMR or not it still vents. What type of vent will it be? depends... No type is a pleasant experience.

Last edited:
Well I'm just getting into the mech mods and just playing it safe , I use an aspire nautilus mini with a 1.8ohm coil ....tested with dmm and it reads what it says it is. 1.8 ..haven't done anything other than wipe the contacts and threading with cleaning cloths when I got it ( alcohol wipes for tv screens and electrical contacts ) . It was continuos 2 1/2 hours sitting in my chair about 2-4 second button hits hitting it about every 10-15 minutes or so ( relaxing watching tv kinda stuff enjoying the vape lol) .

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Yeah. I would say that is about all you will get chain vaping on a x350. That's about 2.2 amps and 9 watts at the highest.

Anything is possible.. but typical the fuse won't drain it. My guess is you are draining it. I know I am less than happy with the length of time my x350s last. Put it this way I would drain a 350mah volt chain vaping on the way to work and 1/2 the way home ..... 45 minutes. That would be 1.5 hours on a 700.

You can try to clean the contacts and threads. It may help.

Also I have a smok kick which is similar to a fuse.. kinda sorta anyway.... It works fine.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Also, that fuse may not be worth the extra space....my Kamry kit had a 20 amp fuse (20A)! I do NOT want my mod near my face or in my pocket if it's pumping anywhere close to 20A. Based on that rating and the Efests are about 4A rating, I consider the fuse worthless. You will be on fire before that fuse opens up.

ouch....guess they think everyone is using the sonys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread