The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got my 510. FINALLY!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Crossbar, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crossbar

Crossbar Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes!!! I'm so happy! I started vaping a couple of weeks ago. I was an idiot and purchased a Blu. My apologies to any satisfied Blu users; however, it didn't give me the vapor and throat hit I needed to satisfy my nic fits. Plus, I was going through carts like a madman! I was thinking, "There's no way I gonna get off analogs and save money at this rate!" Then... I found you lovely people!

After reading reviews, I couldn't decide if I wanted the 510 or the 901. So, I said screw it! I ordered both. The 510 for vapor and throat hit and the 901 for flavor and longer batt life for those long trips. Or, just to back each other up.

So, I'm in Japan and my 510 had not arrived, so, it's friday and I stop off at the store to by some analogs for the weekend (I ran out of Blu carts). I then drove to the post office and wouldn't you know it! It came in! Also, some of my juices as well. I was praying that I just wasted money on two packs of smokes. ( you believe that!)

I got home and put the spare on the charger and fired the other one up. OH MY GOD! THIS THING IS AWESOME! It is exactly what I needed! I have yet to want a regular analog! I still need to break in the atty, but I'm loving it! I think I can say goodbye to analogs! (hopefully, a little scared!) So, wish me luck! And I keep you up dated on my progress!

2. rjp44

rjp44 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2009
    West Chester, OH
    Glad to hear you've got a good start on giving up the analogs. You might want to consider a PCC for those trips.

3. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    hey where in japan are ya

4. Crossbar

Oct 3, 2009
    The Armpit of the orient. Okinawa!

5. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    Tokyo area for me... cool I'll keep an eye out for you on the forum

6. Crossbar

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey!!!! No way! I didn't think anyone on this forum would be in the neighborhood! Awesome!

7. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    Um There's a bit more here and a puddle jump from here as well in S.K.

8. DJKahoona

DJKahoona Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2009
    Washington, USA
    Glad to hear you had a good experience!

Still waiting on mine(510 Scorpion from dietsmokes), my orders shipped out this morning, so will get them monday or tuesday most likely. Could be lucky and have them tomorrow though!

Its refreshing to hear that many people dont even crave a normal cig after one usage. Thats mind blowing to me.

9. ShinKun

ShinKun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Seattle
    Nice armpit!

At least, smokes are cheap there.

10. kno

kno Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2009
    Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
    blu carts are garbage - i have the blupack - i drip DIY liquid and Johnsons creek - it produces HEAVY vapor with VG - about 7-12x more vapor than with blu carts - try that - i bet you'll love your blu again - if not - sell it to me lol

11. Crossbar

Oct 3, 2009
    LOL... I hear ya, kno! Actually, I do plan to use my Blu to sample juices to see what I'd like to vape for the day.

Okay, day one! I woke this morning and reached for my analogs. Then I remembered I have the 510. I dropped them like they were on fire. However, I had a cup of coffee and was hitting my 510 like it was a crack pipe! Took a little bit, but the morning cravings did subside. Right now, I just have the pre-loaded carts with Marlboro in them. I want to break in the atty before I start dipping into my juices from Rocky Mountain Vapor and the juices I got from Dawn which I hear are amazing!

I tell you what folks (to any newbie's that might be reading this and trying to decide if vaping might be for them.) I'm a two time graduate of a smoking cessation program. I've done the patches, gums and meds and failed. This seems to be working! Also, I want to thank you all for your support, this has been and absolute blessing! I'll keep you updated!

By the way, Lightgeoduck, I freaking LOVE your Avatar!

12. Crossbar

Oct 3, 2009
    Okay! First 24hrs without smoking! It's amazing how easy it was!

13. oldtechno

oldtechno Super Member ECF Veteran

Hang in there Crossbar, and remember, don't set any deadlines to quit....let it just happen.!

14. Crossbar

Oct 3, 2009
    Thank you! and believe me, I still had some cravings but not like when I was on the patch! Also, I think my atty is broken in because I loaded up some RY4 from Rocky Mountain Vapor. Oh my God! That stuff is good!!! I've been hitting it all day! Even though I'm relatively new to vaping, I would HIGHLY recommend it! Thanks folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.