Got my 510 Kit today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I got my Joye 510 kit from Cignot today. I ordered it Sunday night and it was here this afternoon. Super impressed by their ability to ship that quickly. They offered instructions on how to prime the atty which I found super helpful. Glad I bought some juice to go with it (thanks to this forum or I never would have thought about it). I got 10 cartridges...5 of which are menthol which is kind of nice.

So far liking the automatic battery much better than the manual but I am going to take all of your advice and here in a month or so I am going to get another manual (actually I am looking at maybe asking for an Ego kit for Christmas). The batteries are apparently charged so I can use them until they run out.

I also got a drip tip but I haven't tried it yet. I am going to wait until I get the hang of it first and until the exciting flavors I ordered from Mad Vapes comes in (probably on Friday). Right now I just have some 6 MG Nic Marlb and 16 MG Nic VG Black Tea which is pretty tasty. Speaking of Mad Vapes...I placed an order on Monday morning and by Monday afternoon they have shipped and are on their way here to Ohio.(Can we get the E-Cig companies to give other online companies some tips on shipping stuff BTW?). I got Cherry, Candy Cane, Cheesecake, and Bubblegum.

I think I am really going to like vaping.I like the fact that I can only take a few hits every hour or so and be content. With analogs I only smoke a few hits and usually find myself bored with the cigarette after 3 or so hits so maybe this will save me some money in the long run.

Anyway...I am sure more questions will come up. I appreciate the warm welcome thus far. Also if anyone could tell me if there is somewhere on the internet world someone who has done a cost comparison of E-Cigs vs. Analogs?

ETA...one more thing... When I was priming my atty I ended up accidentally pulling this stuff out that looks like yarn. I think it's the wick. I tried to put it back but I don't know how successful I was. It works fine but does this mean I messed up and ruined it forever? It was just kind of sticking to the sides of the atty and that's why I fished it out.

Last edited:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I ended up reinserting the wick but I have since read that there are mixed thoughts on whether or not it's ok to remove the wick. Most say it's ok and you won't automatically kill your atty.

Dang that button on the manual is really hard to get used to but I'm sure it will be second nature soon. Can't believe the throat hit I get. I used to have to drag a ton on my Marlb Light just to get that hit and then I would end up choking. This is so smooth and nice. And I love that I don't feel gross after puffing on one.

I am still going to keep some analogs for back up until I get settled. No reason to set myself up for failure right? I will admit that these E-Cigs are not a long term goal. I hope to quit them as well.

Dormouse...are you completely off analogs? If so was it instant for you?

Welcome. IDk about the wick as I drip exclusively. I thought the wick assisted in transferring the fluid from the cart to the coil? As said I dunno. Would again just like to welcome you and wish you success as well as offer an invitation to PM me anytime you like be it for encouragement or if you run out of juice or hardware, we are a group here and do our best to help one another get off the ciggys. TC, boB

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I think you're talking about the little pieces of wick (like threads) that sometimes hang out from the bridge and mesh that covers the bridge. If that's what you're talking about, it won't hurt anything that they're gone. I really don't think you meant the mesh that covers the bridge. The bridge is a v-shaped metal piece between the coil and mouth end. So, you should be fine, but if the liquid doesn't wick into the atomizer good, just shake the PV once like a thermometer, and that will force a little liquid down into the atomizer.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I think you're talking about the little pieces of wick (like threads) that sometimes hang out from the bridge and mesh that covers the bridge. If that's what you're talking about, it won't hurt anything that they're gone. I really don't think you meant the mesh that covers the bridge. The bridge is a v-shaped metal piece between the coil and mouth end. So, you should be fine, but if the liquid doesn't wick into the atomizer good, just shake the PV once like a thermometer, and that will force a little liquid down into the atomizer.

Yes...it looked like yarn....actually it looked like a goober so that's why I fished it out. Let it dry and saw it was thread. No I still have the mesh that covers the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread