Got my first eGo with CE4+ thingomizers - kind of cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I am really liking it. The convenience is top notch. I plan to write a deeper review soon, but for right now I have a question.

Compared to my Bloog (808 battery and pre-filled cartos) I get a harsher throat hit with the eGo using the same Bloog liquid on a 1000Mah battery. But I don't feel like I'm getting the "mouth hit". I'm used to taking a long slow drag, feeling warmth fill my mouth, then getting some throat hit. With these my mouth feels cold, then the throat gets hit.

I've ordered some fluxomizers and a Vision Stone 3 to see if those are different. I really don't want to go back to poly fill if I don't have to; the convenience of a big tank is what I want.

So, any ideas on getting that warm sensation? Or is it a cart only thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Are you using standard resistan (SR) 2.5ohm and above, if so I would go with a low resistance set-up. LR should warm things up for you, I like the DCT 1.5 ohm on the ego 650 batt I have.

The site says: Resistance Rated at 2.4-2.7 Ohms

So I guess not. Crap, the mizers I just ordered are 3ohm as well. Different type though.

What is DCT?

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
DCT = Dual Coil Tank. It's basically a dual coil cartomizer (usually LR) with a hole in it and a tank that slides over it which feeds the cartomizer e-liquid. I would usually post a link, but I can't at the moment try googling smoktech dct.

Oh good, I ordered one of those yesterday. 1.5 ohm SmokTek DCT just like you say. Between that, the CE2s, the Fluxomizers, and the Vision Stone 3 I'm sure I'll find my perfect match.

DCB305

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Florida
Oh good, I ordered one of those yesterday. 1.5 ohm SmokTek DCT just like you say. Between that, the CE2s, the Fluxomizers, and the Vision Stone 3 I'm sure I'll find my perfect match.

Try looking up a youtube video or search around the forum to find out how to set it up. On initial set-up you want to fill the cartos poly fill slowly by dripping about 20 - 25 drops into it while avoiding the center tube as best as possible. If you happen to get juice in the center tube gently blow it of the connector end. Once you have saturated the poly fill slide the tank over the carto about 3/4 of the way then similar to pouring a beer fill the tank, but do not let it over flow into the top of the carto. Once you have done that slide the tank over the rest of the carto and your done, btw if your dct didn't include a drip tip I would strongly recommend ordering one if your order includes one great insert it into the top of you carto and your good to go. If you get some dry hits on it and the tank is full just take a couple dry pulls (pulling without activating the battery) to get juice into the carto, but just a few you don't want to flood the coils (you'll know you did if you hear gurgling) if you do remove the dct from the batt's and gently blow the juice out of the connector end by blowing into top of the carto or drip tip.

Good luck, trial and error will help you find your set-up.

Last edited:

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I have an ego 650. I get that same thing when my atty starts to get gummy after hours of use. I change pens and at that time soak my atty and other parts. The clean attys when used work so much better than the ones I have been using at days end. You might want to try that if you haven't already.

It's brand new , opened today in fact. But sometimes a good cleaning can still open things up. Who knows?

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi njgeek, a lower resistance just about anything would be the right thing to get you the heat you are missing. The ce4+ does tend to run a bit cool in my opinion. The ce2 fluxomizers and the vision stone should be fairly warm because of their top coil arragement, even at 3ohms. The difference you are experiencing is mostly from the voltage difference between the two devices. The 808 comes off the charger around -+4volts being it has no regulator it will taper off through useage but a large amount of that useage will be above the regulated eGo at -+3.4volts. If you didnt get a Joye brand eGo then chances are its of the unregulated variety and the same should hold true about the voltage being high right off the charger. In all have fun and enjoy one more notch of equipment in your vaping arsenal. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Oddly enough, I think it was the liquid. I made my wife one with a 50/50 PG/VG menthol mix and it was beautiful. Tried with my batteries and hers, same result. Mine just came real slow and unsatisfying while hers was perfect. I filled a new ce4 tank with nuport menthol from freedom smokes and it's perfect now.

Either the bloog juice is odd or I screwed up the atty somehow. I'll find out when I get round to using bloog again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread