First Time Using a Cartomizer. Is It Empty Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithy

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
London
I received my Bloog yesterday and am quite liking it so far. It produces a hell of a lot of vapour, battery seems to last for ages and the unit gives a very nice throat hit. However, I'm not sure if the cartomizer is empty yet. I can still taste the flavour (watermelon), but the throat hit seems to be harsher than before (I'm coughing more than usual). I don't think this happened before, but when I take a drag, vapour comes out of the mouthpiece, although this may because of the lighting in the room I'm in. The vapour exhaled is also more or less the same Sound like its empty?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
There's 2 things that will happen when carto is close to empty- it becomes a harsh vape and/ or the vapor lessens. Just take a look at the top of carto and if dry/ white add a few drops of juice until it looks "grey/ slushie". When I first began using cartos I was topping them up every 2 hrs cuz I was afraid of burning the filler. Once this happens the carto is toast.20 drops= approx 1 ml.
Many of us moved up to carto tanks for this reason. Automatically refills carto and we can see juice level. There is a slight learning curve.
Best of Luck.

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
No need to wait for them to go dry before refilling. On those days when I'm just using a straight carto I re fill it often.

Sounds like you may have just gotten pre-filleds though, in which case go ahead and move on to another. Anytime something changes in the flavor, vapor production or feel of it. Move on. If you liked the water mellon Bloog sells bottles of the liquid and you can hang on to the carto and refill it.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
It becomes second nature after a while...carto just seems to loose vapor or gets "that taste". I know that doesn't help much. When I first started with cig-a-likes, I would refill the carto when my battery ran out (approx 3 hours). Now, I can just tell when it's time to fill. If you think it's not quite right, just top it off.

smithy

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
London
No need to wait for them to go dry before refilling. On those days when I'm just using a straight carto I re fill it often.

Sounds like you may have just gotten pre-filleds though, in which case go ahead and move on to another. Anytime something changes in the flavor, vapor production or feel of it. Move on. If you liked the water mellon Bloog sells bottles of the liquid and you can hang on to the carto and refill it.

I guess that it's time to change cartomizers then, just to be on the safe side. I wish I could buy juices but nowhere in the UK stocks them, even Bloog's website doesn't. Actually, I couldn't even order anything from Bloog. I entered my address and it automatically came up saying that they wouldn't ship to where I am. And I'm in London! Haven't replied to my email either. Thank god for Charlie's Vape Shop, if anyone from the UK is interested in a Bloog, although they don't stock juices either.

I will have to add my own juice (Dekang RY4) to a blank cartomizer, I guess. However, as I only have prefilled ones at the moment, is it safe to add a different juice to an these cartomizers?

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
I guess that it's time to change cartomizers then, just to be on the safe side. I wish I could buy juices but nowhere in the UK stocks them, even Bloog's website doesn't. Actually, I couldn't even order anything from Bloog. I entered my address and it automatically came up saying that they wouldn't ship to where I am. And I'm in London! Haven't replied to my email either. Thank god for Charlie's Vape Shop, if anyone from the UK is interested in a Bloog, although they don't stock juices either.

I will have to add my own juice (Dekang RY4) to a blank cartomizer, I guess. However, as I only have prefilled ones at the moment, is it safe to add a different juice to an these cartomizers?

Sure, you can mix them. The old flavor may stay around a while though. I haven't had watermelon in a long time; but as I recall it's one of those that's hard to get rid of. You may like the mixture though.

smithy

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
London
Sure, you can mix them. The old flavor may stay around a while though. I haven't had watermelon in a long time; but as I recall it's one of those that's hard to get rid of. You may like the mixture though.

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a go. Found a video on Youtube and it seems simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread