Got my new Kanger Topbox Mini - need help understanding it, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Thats it!!!!! I fired it!!!!! It recognized the 1.2ohms on its own this time around. Guess it was the low battery that caused it.

I'm at 10Watts, not getting a huge cloud like others do though :grr::unsure:
You won't get huge clouds at 10 watts, or from the 1.2 ohm coils. You need more power (watts) for the big clouds, and you'll need more coil mass (read: lower ohms) to be able to handle the extra power. Try the 0.5 coil at around 25 watts (I don't know what nic level you're using, but you may want to cut it in half before you try this. Those big sub-ohm clouds pack a lot more punch than the little tootle-puffs you're used to.)

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
as the above member said, even with 1.2 ohm coils I find myself running between 20-40 watts for a decent vape (my preference of course).

lower ohms on the coils = higher wattage needed on device for flavor and vapor. Just tinker around a bit with the wattage to see what you like

Reactions: Newbie vapor

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Well done! I am glad it's working. As has been said, the 1.2Ω coils are not for cloud. You have two others that might work for you; the .5 Kanthal and the .5 Clapton. Those, however, will require a lot more power. No prob, your machine will do it, but remember it'll be like switching from drinking through a straw to a fire hose. And yes, definitely cut your nic down before going subohm. You'll be getting a lot more vapor per puff, and thus a lot more nicotine.

EDIT: You can raise the watts some on the 1.2 coils. I personally wouldn't go over abut 17-20 on them. That will give you a bit more cloud.

Reactions: Newbie vapor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread