Need help with Kanger Topbox Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookielynn

Nov 29, 2016
I bought the starter kit for the Kanger Topbox Mini a few months ago and it's been alright so far with a few minor problems. But the past few days, the only setting that works is Wattage, even though they are nickel coils. I've tried different temps and nothing works. I have used the SSOCC NI200 coils previously and also the OCC NI200 square coils recently. They've both worked well except for the past few days. I went to a shop and got one coil to see if the coils I had were the problem as to why it only works on the Wattage setting and no other setting, even though they are nickel coils. But the coil didn't help. I think something happened to my Topbox. Is there anyway to fix it so I can use the NI setting or is it wrecked forever? I also tried another battery and that didn't work either... has anyone else had this problem?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I don't have the Topbox, but make sure that you've got a solid connection between your mod's 510, the tank's 510, and the coil's base and the tank innards. Typically, shoddy TC comes about due to jumping ohms readings caused by poor connections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Brookielynn

Nov 29, 2016
I don't have the Topbox, but make sure that you've got a solid connection between your mod's 510, the tank's 510, and the coil's base and the tank innards. Typically, shoddy TC comes about due to jumping ohms readings caused by poor connections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the reply.
I tried that and it helped somewhat. I used to be able to be at 220 degrees Fahrenheit and I had excellent flavour and no problems but now after making sure everything was clean and well connected I have to have it at at least 380 degrees Fahrenheit for it to work on the NI setting

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi thanks for the reply.
I tried that and it helped somewhat. I used to be able to be at 220 degrees Fahrenheit and I had excellent flavour and no problems but now after making sure everything was clean and well connected I have to have it at at least 380 degrees Fahrenheit for it to work on the NI setting
At 220° F you should barely get any vapor at all so something was wrong originally. 380° F is a lot closer to where your temperature should be. The standard is 420° F.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread