Got Vapes Oval V6. VV Gripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
The "Gripper" is a new mod, soon to be at Got Vapes. It can be used at 3.7v, 5v, or 6v. A simple five clicks switches it to the voltage you want, or switches it off. It runs off two 18350, 3.7 volt, 900mAh batteries. Mine came with two Vision Minis, a clever little clearomizer that has wicks and holds about 1.5ml. The Vision Mini clocked in at 4.2 ohms.

I was thrilled when I get the Gripper to find it works with any 510 attys and cartos. I have never used ce2s, so didn't know anything about the Vision Mini. This was proven to me the third time I removed the clearomizer from the Gripper. The tube came loose from the base, leaving a puddle of juice in my new mod's cup and threading. The dozen hits I took before the Vision Minis demise were awesome. I really like the clearomizers clean flavor and will try again (obviously on a different one).

Batteries took about 1.5 hours to charge. They are "Great Power ICR18350 900mAh 3.7v". I assume they are not protected, but I could be wrong.

The Gripper is a sleek design. It is very small, and fill fit in the smallest hand.
thehangdude-albums-bottles-picture76390-gripper.jpg

The bottom of the mod is rounded, so it kind of rocks when stood upright.

Now for the meat of this review, the hit. This mod works AWESOME! I get a much better hit at 3.7 (3.68v on my multi-meter) on a LR carto, than on any eGo type device. It is every bit as good a hit as any other mod I've tried. It has a 10 second shut off, but even with low voltage/high ohms, I never used up the whole ten seconds. I usually take 10-15 second hits off my other box mod.

At 5 volts, this mod gives a powerful hit with the Vision Mini. The flavor is fantastic, and the TH is very nice. You can really taste the juice's flavors.

At 6 volts, this thing is a powerhouse! Even with the 4+ ohm clearo, I get a wicked awesome hit. It doesn't burn, and the flavor is not muddled. Just perfect for a heavy hitter like myself.

Overall I give the Gripper a 9.5/10. Not much I would do to improve it. Maybe a flat bottom would be nicer. Maybe change the button to a top button. The Gripper is best when used in the right hand. In the left hand, it puts the button in your palm.

The Vision Mini I give a 8/10. I love the flavor it puts out, especially it high volt. But even at low volts, the flavor and vapor are very nice. I am not yet a convert, but I will buy clearomizers again.

I won this mod in Got Vapes' biggest ever contest. Another reason to support them!
ecf GotVapes
site GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Darn. I was interested in this until I read the thread. I am a lefty and I vape left handed. This mod looks and sounds so awesome too but its not for me due to that.:(

I am right handed, but vape with my left. I have had no trouble. I can put it in my palm and just squeeze my hand. The button goes down easy. It can also be held with the finger grooves to your palm.

Don't let the button placement stop you from getting this great little mod. The price is only $70, batteries, clearo's, charger, and all!

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Even when I smoked, I used my left hand (even though I'm right handed). That kept my right hand free for use. Also the driver's window (USA) is on my left (for ashes). Now that I have this mod, I have noticed that I vape left handed. It really doesn't matter. This mod performs great.

Probably a trigger switch would be best for future revisions. Place the switch in the top finger groove.

Just an update. I am on day three with this mod. I use it 50% of the time, and haven't had to charge it yet!

enfurno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Las Vegas
www.majorvapor.com
Darn. I was interested in this until I read the thread. I am a lefty and I vape left handed. This mod looks and sounds so awesome too but its not for me due to that.:(

Nearly everyone is a left handed vaper... On the computer? Vaping with the left hand, phone, etc. etc..

This should have been thought out better if you ask me. It looks great, but right handed kills it.

Any leak issues on the tanks? They are marketed as clearomizers with higher capacity. I haven't been a fan of clearomizers. Do they have that constant burning metal taste due to lack of wicking?

Last edited:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I don't know about durability. My Gripper that I love so much, died after 16 days. No reason that I can see. Just no power to the cartos anymore.

This was a contest win. After contacting GotVapes, here is what they said.
Damon on prise [sic] items we don't do warranties and even if we do those are warrantied for 7 days.

I guess I should be happy I didn't buy the thing!

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
After taking apart the Gripper (was easy, one screw near bottom and pry) I found the ground to the atty connector was broken off (at connector). Not a hard fix, just not one I feel comfortable doing. I will send it to some ecf modder, because I really did love the hit this mod gave.

I am still on the fence if this mod is worth the asking price. Great hit, nice size. But cheaply made.

The Gripper went back together fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread