Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I take a piece, flatten it out, rinse it out and then just eyeball it. The filler material that I have comes in a big bag so is hard (for me) to say what the size is because of the density. Hope that somebody can come by and give you a more satisfactory answer. You'll get a feel for it and the filler is so inexpensive you can make mistakes and redo it if you need to.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
First,thank you both for replying. I kind of figured it would have to be trial and error. I got mine on the classies. Supposed to never have been used ( I think that is the case). I looked around locally for some Sera brand aquarium filter material but couldn't find any. I wound up buying some Fluval brand water polishing pads and am using some of that for now.

The flavor coming from this atomizer is incredible. Any tips on increasing/decreasing the th? Also, the vapor seems quite adequate though not as thick as say a 510 atty with the same 50/50 liquid. Has anyone made the same observation or is it my imagination.Don't get me wrong, I think this is gonna by my go to juice delivery device. It really does have outstanding flavor. The vapor just seems a little more "wispy", if you will, than I expected. Don't even know if wispy is a good descriptor as there is plenty of it,just seems to not linger as long as I thought it might.

Probably just my setup. I'll be experimenting with different wick configurations to get it where I want it to be. You know how it is when something new comes and you want it at optimal performance right NOW. LOL

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
The wire Gage & number of wraps will determine your resistance. I know how to build mine but not too much beyond that. I've used 30 or 32 Gage kanthal and do 4 wraps. If you have a multimeter you can play with it a bit to see what works best 4 you. I do like the flavor in the Spheroid and find it pocket friendly. Also try to get some of the recommended filler. It may make a difference w vapor production. Best of luck with it!

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
The theory is with these that as you move the coil higher above the air intake you increase the throathit and reduce the vapour. I can't say that I have experimented with this though as my wick just sits where it sits and I'm always more than happy with the results. The Sera I use is roughly 1cm thick and I find a piece about 4cm x 2cm works well for me. If it is too compressed it won't wick well and if there is not enough it will tend to flood, so you soon know if you get it wrong:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread